AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-21, 13:41   Link #1
Dreamhacker

Anime vs Manga

What is best of Full Metal Panic, the anime or manga? And what is the difference?
Old 2004-08-21, 14:32   Link #2
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Well, the two are a bit different. There are currently two seasons of FMP (FMP! s. 1 and FMP?F s. 2) The first season focused more on the action aspect, and second season was more based on the comedy aspect of the FMP series. The manga (the English one, there are several different onesl in Japan) combines the two in one flow. Personally, I felt the two had very similar feels, so I didn't pursue the manga after the first volume. This was, since I had already watched the anime before the manga. IMO, the anime's animation got a bit shoddy at times, but the manga illustrations aren't that great in terms of other manga (compared to stuff like Ichigo 100%, I"s, or NOW!). Whichever one you choose, you'll probably get the same effect. Essentially, the difference is that the manga has a few more side-stories that really don't make that huge of an impact.
Old 2004-08-25, 23:57   Link #3
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamhacker
What is best of Full Metal Panic, the anime or manga? And what is the difference?
The original novel since that is what both the anime and manga FMP is based on....and there are lots of short stories that haven't been covered in either media.
Old 2004-08-27, 19:28   Link #4
refused!

I'm gonna be totally lame and answer: neither :P The novels are the best!
Closed Thread