AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-23, 02:36   Link #1
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

How or When did you start watching Bleach ?

Back in Dec 04 I and my friends used to share anime a lot and we had quite a big group .I do remember FMA was our favorite anime and unfortunately I was not downloading FMA . I was waiting for my friend to arrive with episodes of FMA and One Piece. It was 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. He arrived with the anime I had hoped but instead of getting with FMP he got a new series called Bleach .

He said it was a new show and had heard it was really good he had only the first 5 episodes and the series was ongoing . I grumbled he mumbled regarding FMP, It was dumped on my pc and till January 05 I did not watch it. I was busy watching FMA and Naruto. One day I was hunting for something new to watch as the final episodes of FMA were getting downloaded . Then I watched Bleach and yes I grudgingly watched the show..

And know what I really liked the show. That’s how I ended up watching Bleach. I started following the manga around episode 17. Curiosity got the better of me
Old 2007-06-23, 23:37   Link #2
deadroot

Location: Apartment, the home where I hide, away from all the darkness outside
The first time I've heard of Bleach I hated the fact that it was so popular. I'm also not one to follow recent manga or anime series since I've only watched 4 animes and read 1 manga series in my life time. Plus at that time I was still a bit addicted to Rurouni Kenshin so I didn't think much of starting a new obsession.

I never took noticed to Bleach until the summer of last year when I was in Barnes & Noble browsing through the manga section. I was bored and decided to pick something to read and what do you know? I picked Bleach because I was a bit curious and heard a few good things about it. Did I mentioned I was bored?

I was immediately hooked and decided to buy the first volume then and there. So there you have it. The story of how I got into Bleach.

As for the anime, I decided to watch the it after reading 14 or so volumes because as crazy as it sounds, I didn't want the anime to spoil the voices of the characters for me. I was actually planning to watch the anime after the manga ends but I became impatient
Old 2007-06-24, 01:33   Link #3
Calico131

I was playing Warcraft 3 TFT and one of the guys in my clan was going on and on about this weird Japanese cartoon show called Bleach. I was so confused about what he was talking about, i had to look it up. So i watched episodes 1-53 in one day and have stayed up to date ever since. Bleach also sparked my interest in many other animes and ive loved anime ever since that day.
Old 2007-06-24, 04:54   Link #4
Icehawk

I had first heard of Bleach back in late 04 and a good friend of mine had gotten into it. From what little I had found out it didnt really appeal to me and I wasnt really up to getting into what I thought was going to be yet another super long DBZ style fighting/constant power up series. I had so many other things I had wanted to see instead and was more in the mood for shorter more contained shows overall.

After a while in summer 06 my buddy sorta tried to finally convince me othewise about the series and showed me the Kenpachi and Ichigo fight and the Gin and Toshiro fight. I was pleasently suprised at how cool the fights and the characters seemed so that spirred my interest enough to the point where I decided that I WOULD watch it one day but again at the time I still just wasnt up to getting into a long series and I had also found out from him that it was currently in the middle of a long filler arc and so I had still decided to avoid it and keep watching other things.

Then when I heard that YTV here in Canada was picking it up I decided to give it a chance and ended up watching a bunch of the early eps that way. However while the characters, comedy and action and dubbing were all good, since im not much of a TV person and they were following a sort of Hollow of the Week type progression I ended up not following it regularily and so missed a handfull of the early eps.

Then one day a bunch of months back at work at a time when I was on an evening based shift and wasnt getting many calls, I was bored and decided to try catching some anime on Youtube. I decided to check out Bleach from the last ep I had seen on YTV which was very early soul society just after the fight with Jidanbo. From there it just sort of grew on me since that was when things had started to get alot more interesting and over the next few weeks during random down times at work I watched on Youtube all the way up to ep 64. From there I had known that they were getting into the huge Bount filler arc. I watched about 9 episodes into it before deciding to just skip it up to ep 109 which was when they decided to get back to the *real* story and Ive followed it regularily since then.

Overall Bleach is a very good series and is much better than what I had expected it to be, the only thing I really regret is now being limited to only 1 episode a week .

Last edited by Icehawk; 2007-06-24 at 05:15.
Old 2007-06-24, 07:52   Link #5
Vizard.King
Fear the Vizard

when i was with my friend i would just talk bout naruto and he argue how bleach was better, later in my life i played the second bleach game for the psp it was pretty intresting so i watched the first episode, i got drawn in automatically i couldn't stop watching it
Old 2007-06-24, 11:14   Link #6
UnderscoreX
The Post Whisperer..Shhh!

Friend told me about it when it was maybe 4 or so episodes into the anime. I wasn't really that into it for awhile, untill about the episode where Ichigo fights the grand Fisher I started to get hooked and never looked back. And I started to read the manga as soon as the filler ended and everyone complained about the mod souls so I wanted to see what was so different.
Old 2007-06-25, 13:07   Link #7
Aime
Lo Siento Mucho!

I think it was beginning 2006, I just bumped into them searching for other anime..... oh, searching for some naruto info.... I watched all episodes until I was up to date in less than a month, I was hooked... :P
Old 2007-06-25, 14:34   Link #8
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Sometime in the Middle of 2005 i started watching it, after a friend kept on pestering me to watch it.
Old 2007-06-25, 14:36   Link #9
cheese4u
da big boss

About a year ago I was really getting into One Piece and Naruto and I loved both of them (still do), but I kept hearing about this third show that was gaining a lot of popularity. For a while I just ignored it and then I finally decided to check it out. Bleach was actually the first manga that I read, or rather the first manga that I read before seeing the anime. The first few chapters were kinda uneventful and I stopped reading the manga after chapter fifteen. Then I started watching it on tv and hoping seeing it animated would make me like it better, but to no avail. I was about to give up on it until I saw Renji transform his sword for the first time, and I was like that sword is so awesome, and I've been hooked on it ever since.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2007-06-25, 14:54   Link #10
astridstarr00

Send a message via AIM to astridstarr00
I started to watch it right from the get go, b/c I had already started reading the manga when that first came out.
Old 2007-06-26, 02:22   Link #11
comixA

sometime last year i started reading the manga first, two months after... i was already hooked and watching the anime now ^_^
Old 2007-06-26, 09:50   Link #12
Dorienn

Around feb/mars 05. Nostalgia..
Old 2007-06-26, 10:11   Link #13
cellardoor
Untitled 1

At the end of January '07, I was searching for some good anime to watch. I had just watched Kenshin and Samurai X OVA at that time, so I really needed some light hearted anime. I was lurking in the people's shared files in DC++ and found Bleach, then I did a little search on the net about it and read a line about Rukia's extreme art skills. Someone wrote that he laughed everytime whenever he remembered about her explanation by drawing in the first episode. As a result, I started to watch and was hooked by the 1st episode. ^___^
Old 2007-06-26, 22:25   Link #14
kelp

I remember that I started watching the first couple of episodes two years ago, but I just couldn't stand watching it because there was really no plot. Then, I tried to give Bleach another chance last summer after someone said Bleach starts to pick up after episode 16. After I skipped pass most of the episodes and found more Soul Reapers, I just splurged on Bleach all last summer.
Old 2007-06-26, 22:39   Link #15
Adam E
Riskbreaker

I don't watch the anime; I just read the manga, which I started doing about two-and-a-half years ago.
Old 2007-06-26, 22:58   Link #16
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
How or When did you start watching Bleach ?
It was after I saw leekspin.

No, really.

After watching all of Bleach within a few weeks, I ended up becoming an anime fan.
Old 2007-06-26, 23:10   Link #17
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Now that you mention it we have a thread on that

Loituma Girl (a new cell phone commercial)

This was discussed long time before but animernq went ahead and made a thread on that topic
Old 2007-06-27, 16:39   Link #18
KuraiHitsugaya
Ex-Number XV

Send a message via AIM to KuraiHitsugaya Send a message via MSN to KuraiHitsugaya Send a message via Yahoo to KuraiHitsugaya
um... well I got into bleach mainly because I had ran out of good animes I felt like watching. I had just finished watching the series Blood+, it was about last month actaully.. kinda funny my friend kept annoying the hell out me to watch it during the school year but I kept blowing him off about it.. but look at me now.. I'm a fangirl..
Old 2007-06-27, 20:42   Link #19
Kenpachiisawesome271

how i got into Bleach

to be honest, i used to hate the show. its was because my friends were constantly quoting Don Kan'onji with the whole BWAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA thing. then i finally decided that i was going to watch it to see what was so great about it. after that, ive been addicted to it. i love Bleach now
Old 2007-06-27, 21:22   Link #20
fullbleach

Send a message via MSN to fullbleach Send a message via Yahoo to fullbleach
Wink

Wow it seems like a long time ago I was watching adult swim on cartoonet work and I saw a commercial for it, and said to myself o lord they are bringing another dumb show about shinigami. I watched it and I was like wow this is a great show and so I am now hooked.
Closed Thread