AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-09-19, 08:31   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 371 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pics and direct translations.
Summaries are ok, crops of pics are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

P.S Note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.

Quote:
This one correlates with the picture, and may thus assumed to be real.

No.371:旧知・・・!!

No. 371: An old acquaintence

マダラはサスケの成長を楽しみにしている

Madara's looking forward to Sasuke's development.

影分身ナルトがサスケと接触も瞬殺

A bunshin Naruto finds Sasuke but is "destroyed" on the spot.

自来也は敵忍Aに変化し蝦蟇にイビキのもとへ帰れと命令

Jiraiya transforms into one of the Ninja he interrogated and orders the toad to go to Ibiki.

その様子を子南目撃

Konan witnesses this scene.

ペインに報告 ペイン「そうか・・・自来也先生か・・・」

She notifies Pain, who says "I see... Jiraiya-Sensei..."

ペインの体は自来也小隊の写真の目つきの悪いやつに見えなくもない

The spoiler provider informs us that Pain's body is not unlike the "kid with the nasty look in his eyes" who appears in the picture of Jiraiya's former team.

ペイン、子南に案内させるが到着までに殺してもいいと指示

Pain tells Konan to lead him to Jiraiya, but that she's free to kill him before he gets there.

子南が自来也に仕掛けるが「蝦蟇平影操りの術」で回避

Konan attacks Jiraiya, but he dodges it with a toad jutsu (the name of which I don't understand.)

自来也「術のキレも良くなったが いい女にもなったのオ・・・子南」

Jiraiya: "Not only have you gotten better with your jutsu, but you've grown into a mighty fine woman as well, Konan."

This last line appears clearly legible on the spoiler picture.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-09-19 at 10:00.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 08:59   Link #2
XYKE
Super-Middle weight!

There is a thread for this
but I guess a spoiler like this deserves it's own thread!

This is very interesting, for a moment I thought it was yondaime (went trough it fast) and I got it the second time after reading carefully.

Seems like there a 3 ex konoha shinobis in akatsuki then, I wonder what will happen in 372 and I dont see Jiraiya dying now either so it's all good!
XYKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 09:08   Link #3
Ichimaru

it begs the question, why would the first kid grow up and try to look like a teenager yondaime with gothic appearance?

could it be possible his refering to the other sanins students?
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 09:12   Link #4
carb

but its weird that pain refered to jiraiya as "sensei".. you dont refer to some1 as sensei unless you've worked with that person closely.

but it seems like pain doesn't have any liking to meet his "sensei" as seen by his order to konan
carb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 09:18   Link #5
neoko

Well there's no 371 manga thread yet, so i had no choice but to make this. I'm not really into discussing at manga helpers. People there are ... i dunno...

I don't think it could have been orochimaru's students haha

Or tsunade for that matter...

I originally thought it was the other two in the picture. Not sure how the darker kid got to grow up and look like a goth version of yondame, but i can see the girl growing up to look like what she does now.

I'm pretty sure from the context, it's jiraiya's other 2 students...
neoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 09:22   Link #6
Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by carb View Post
but its weird that pain refered to jiraiya as "sensei".. you dont refer to some1 as sensei unless you've worked with that person closely.

but it seems like pain doesn't have any liking to meet his "sensei" as seen by his order to konan
Read carefully Konan refers to Jiaraya as Sensei, and J notices how beautiful she has gotten. Hopefully he doesn't bite the dust here, who can take on them if he dies? Tsunade? Or will it be the 2nd ever teamwork fight in the manga?
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 10:12   Link #7
Big_Papi
Dominican Elite

If this spoiler is true, then i dont see Jiraiya loosing to Konan. Every master knows their students possible weakness or traits so Jiraiya has that edge on konan if they do battle, if Jiraiya survived a direct hit from 4 tail Naruto. Jiraiya will be alive for a little longer

I only need my right breast Mega Smasher to take you out!
Big_Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 10:13   Link #8
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Jiraiya meets his other students (probably both Konan and Pein, as in the translation Pein is the one referring to Jiraiya as sensei, in addition to having a body similar to the kid in the picture, that can also explain why Konan is sticking to Pein like a leech). What a surprise!

Oro killed his sensei (or resulted in his death), with great pleasure. Konan might want the same thing. She might be angry towards his sensei, especially if he acted in front of her, just like he acted in front of Naruto-transformed. In the picture both Konan and nasty looking kid were trying to distance themselves from Jiraiya and Yondaime so I guess that was a clue for having some broken pieces around the head region.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 10:23   Link #9
tatami
back in black

well as i tought before , jiraiya will give a hell of time

probably konan will be eliminated or beaten up before pain arrives...

on the other hand there is the thing young generation will surpass the old one...

the outcome i see from the situation is:

jiraiya beats both of them konan dies pein returns to original body (if there is one) but got beaten for good...

and no i wont stop hoping
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 10:31   Link #10
elusive

can someone up the picture of jiraiya w/the 4th's genin team?

i don't think pein was jiraiya's student. he just stole his body.
elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 10:39   Link #11
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Too weird... with Konan, I guess I can see the resemblance with Jiraiya's pupil in Sandaime's flashback. Her becoming a missing-nin and joining Akatsuki is not so hard to imagine.

But your tellin me Pein turns out to be that squinty-eyed chubby kid who got a buncha piercings, single-handedly defeats Hanzou, becomes Amekagure leader and Madara's subordinate and leader of Akatsuki, plus he has six clones he switches bodies with, at least one of which looks disturbingly like Naruto? I know the spoiler's true, but like I said...too weird.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 10:41   Link #12
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusive View Post
Pein's original body is not known. So, it can be the new one we see in this chapter or the old one we saw before. It will most probably become clear when both Pein and Jiraiya meet each other.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 10:43   Link #13
Rahan

So, 5 Konohan out of 11 known Akatsuki (could be worse if we knew who were Kazuzu former partners). Not a bad ratio for the village of the "good guys"

most likely Team Jiraiya >>>>>>>>>>> Team Sarutobi (and I am not talking about Team 10 here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusive View Post
can someone up the picture of jiraiya w/the 4th's genin team?

Pein called him sensei, which means Jiraiya was either his sensei or (unlikely) he was the student from another sensei from the same generation. (The jounins leaders are all called senseis by the Konoha 12 regardless of who taught who)

the manga panel is better than the anime one. In the manga he seems super pissed while in the anime he looks sleepy.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 10:45   Link #14
JackBNimble

i think the reason pein called him sensai is becasue he is using the 4th's body ( using the special body changing jutsu) and is just playing the role of 4th and calling him sensai to just mess with him... as for konan i have no clue
JackBNimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 10:46   Link #15
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Thats the image from the anime, as stated above u can see the difference. They dnt look happy to be in the photo in both and are spacing themselves away, but in the manga they really aint happy :P

However the haircolour is different from Pain/Konan, tho they could have dyed it to look different.
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 10:56   Link #16
tatami
back in black

if the hair color is changed that would suck imo...another unhappy moment in narutoverse for me...

or is it one of anime teams mistake?
Old 2007-09-19, 11:02   Link #17
Mists

I don't care if Konan was part of the team, but not Pain! Why does there have to be an "Oro" in every group. Let me guess, Ren is also out there as a baddie...

And please.......let's get some strong characters NOT from Konoha. If Pain is the fat boy then dayom...He's wearing the rain symbol, or is that dependent on the body?
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 11:08   Link #18
Rahan

spoiler pics of Pein's new body
Spoiler:

He doesn't look at all like the chubby boy (but he switched bodies before Konan identified Jiraiya,so it would have been a fluke if he had the right body to welcome Jiraiya). This one is another Rain ninja.
He still calls him sensei though. But all the kids of Konoha call the 4 known jounin leaders senseis and not only theirs, so maybe he is from the same generation as Minato, but not Jiraiya's student. Maybe the fat body in the front left (#6) is his original body if he really is the chubby boy.

Last edited by Rahan; 2007-09-19 at 11:19.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 11:11   Link #19
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
if the hair color is changed that would suck imo...another unhappy moment in narutoverse for me...

or is it one of anime teams mistake?
I think it is just a mistake by the anime team. Its known that in manga, light colours = white and dark colours = black. As we can see from the manga, the girls hair is dark and the guys is light, which carries on with Pain and Konan in the present. Pain hair is light and Konan's is dark, which was shown in the coloured chapter to be orange and blue respectivly.

In the anime version of the photo however, the girls hair is black (like the manga) but the boys is also dark, which is different to how the manga was drawn.

Spoiler:
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 11:23   Link #20
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
spoiler pics of Pein's new body
Spoiler:

He doesn't look at all like the chubby boy (but he switched bodies before Konan identified Jiraiya,so it would have been a fluke if he had the right body to welcome Jiraiya). This one is another Rain ninja.
He still calls him sensei though. But all the kids of Konoha call the 4 known jounin leaders senseis and not only theirs, so maybe he is from the same generation as Minato, but not Jiraiya's student. Maybe the fat body in the front left (#6) is his original body if he really is the chubby boy.
oh thats a good pic, and no chubby boy

thanks