AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Old 2008-03-14, 13:42   Link #1
NeoSam

Chrome Shelled Regios generic discussion

The boy's (shounen) light novel series CHROME SHELLED REGIOS by Amagi Shuusuke (author) and Miyuu (illustrator) is planned to get an anime adaptation.

鋼殻のレギオス
Koukaku no Regios
CHROME SHELLED REGIOS

Fujimi Shobo's site for the light novel series:
http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/regios/

Official anime site:
http://anime.webnt.jp/regios/

少年向け小説(ライトノベル)
Light novel series for boys.

The light novel series is published under the shounen light novel label Fujimi Fantasia Bunko, and the CHROME SHELLED REGIOS short story is serialized in the young men's light novel magazine Dragon Magazine.

Currently there are 10 volumes released of this light novel series.
Covers:

Spoiler:

Author: Amagi Shuusuke
Illustrator: Miyuu

Three shounen manga adaptations of the light novel series are running in 2 manga magazines, two manga are running in the shounen manga magazine Dragon Age, and one manga is running in the shounen manga magazine Dragon Age Pure.

Manga:
--------------------------------------------------

CHROME SHELLED REGIOS manga is running in the shounen manga magazine Dragon Age Pure since April 2007, with currently 1 volume released:

Spoiler:

Shounen manga.
Original Work: Amagi Shuusuke
Drawing: Miyuu

CHROME SHELLED REGIOS MISSING MAIL manga is running in the shounen manga magazine Dragon Age since June 2007, with currently 2 volumes released:

Spoiler:

Shounen manga.
Drawing: Kiyose Nodoka

Feri no Uta 4-panel manga will start running in the shounen manga magazine Dragon Age on November 8th, 2008.

Shounen manga.
Drawn by: Futaba Masumi

--------------------------------------------------

A science fiction light novel series set in a past world of "Chrome Shelled Regios" light novel series also started. This light novel series is titled: LEGEND of REGIOS (レジェンド・オブ・レギオス). Its authored/illustrated by the same author/illustrator of the "Chrome Shelled Regios" light novel series. This light novel series is published by Fujimi Shobo under their light novel label: Style-F.

Currently 3 volumes are released of this light novel series:
Covers:

Spoiler:

Genre: Shounen, Fantasy

Last edited by NeoSam; 2008-10-20 at 10:05.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 18:55   Link #2
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
What's it about?

A typical shounen adventure, or something worth looking into?
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 19:05   Link #3
Westlo
Lets be reality

The covers look interesting but I'll like to see a synopsis to see if it's anything worth getting excited about.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 19:51   Link #4
BluWacky
尻の竜

From Japanese Wikipedia, very roughly:

The world was infected by "Pollutant" years ago - world cracked open and generally screwed up. This Pollutant spawns nasty "Pollutant Beasts", but it's also resulted in people gaining special powers. The towns that now litter the world are protected by alchemists and are mobile - these are the "Regios" of the title.

The story follows some guy named Lei-Fon Alseif who starts at a new school following the disappearance of his childhood friend- in the first book there's some kind of martial arts tournament with Intrigue! and stuff. He gets recruited into the special 17th Platoon in order to combat Pollutant Beasts - shounen action ensues.

Doesn't sound overly original or anything, but like Westlo I like the covers. We don't have any idea about staff yet obviously (the novel with the obi indicating the anime adaptation isn't even out yet) so it's hard to know whether to be interested or not with so little to go on, and I'm certainly not translating a Wikipedia page with my piss-poor Japanese.

Intriguingly, Koukaku no Regios recently won the "School Award" for best light novel in the Kadokawa Light Novel Awards 2007. I don't consider this to be a badge of honour given that a volume of Rental Magica won the "Action Award" and, based on the anime's evidence, Rental Magica is not particularly interesting at all. I've found one person comment on a blog post to say that Regios is "awesome", but the Internets hold no other English-language information on the damn thing. I'm not sure if NeoSam's dissection of the number of volumes of the novels is totally accurate - I'd have to check the Wikipedia article more thoroughly but there seem to be some gaiden-style novels along the way alongside the main ones listed, and they appear to be divided into "part 1" and "part 2" so who knows what that means for the plot?

So basically we have no idea what the stories about except that there are generic beasties and boys with magic powers (and moving cities). I'm trying to think of something witheringly sarcastic to say about this but I can't really muster up the enthusiasm, unfortunately.

Ah well, the covers DO look quite nice I suppose!
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 21:21   Link #5
NeoSam

Fujimi Shobo's site for the light novel series:
http://www.fujimishobo.co.jp/sp/regios/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
I'm not sure if NeoSam's dissection of the number of volumes of the novels is totally accurate - I'd have to check the Wikipedia article more thoroughly but there seem to be some gaiden-style novels along the way alongside the main ones listed, and they appear to be divided into "part 1" and "part 2" so who knows what that means for the plot?
7 light novels and the 8th is almost out.

But also a science fiction light novel series set in a past world of "Chrome Shelled Regios" light novel series also started. This light novel series is titled: LEGEND of REGIOS (レジェンド・オブ・レギオス). Its authored/illustrated by the same author/illustrator of the "Chrome Shelled Regios" light novel series. This light novel series is published by Fujimi Shobo under their light novel label: Style-F.

Covers:

Style-F light novels are supposed to be without illustrations, so I have no idea how these are considered light novels
Old 2008-03-15, 09:56   Link #6
Westlo
Lets be reality

Thanks for the info, sounds like standard fare but because I like the covers I'll keep an eye out for this and see what staff/studio gets it.
Old 2008-03-15, 12:22   Link #7
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
There's not much info, and with a quick search I couldn't find the manga anywhere... It's a pity, I really like the cover art style. I'll look into it when I have more time.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 12:26   Link #8
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well, here's the ANN post.
Old 2008-03-16, 15:54   Link #9
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

like the novel cover art but the description and manga cover looks a pretty typical.

any manga/novel reader can give some better description on this?
Old 2008-04-01, 08:14   Link #10
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

I ve recently read its manga and one vol of the novel, took a peak in to more recent volumes but didn't get too deep so i don't know all its story but from what i ve read and seen i agree that it does indeed have a good storyline worthy of the hype its getting among light novel readers in japan.

The story is a little bit on the serious side but humor can be found. Although be warned that the main character is very angsts he WOULD and WILL get very angst/emo sometimes although for good reasons but there were occasions where i wish the author could have made him less emo later on . I mean it was ok at first but he is still more emo than i would liked in some of the later volumes. Nevertheless i m glad to see it animated hopefully it turns out oh right if the animators don't screw this up like so many other light novel turned animes.

For the story basically, aside from the moving/living cities setting it follows the story of Lei-Fon(which is not his real name by the way) who enrolled in one of the academy cities under its regular curriculum but was forced into the academy's martial arts curriculum after unwittingly pwning two first years martial art student who were bullying a girl during the school ceremony. The story sounds stereotypical but it doesn't last long. You pretty much realize quickly that the main-character isn't who he appear to be. He is neither the weakling/wuss nor is he the kind-hearted and easy going person he appears to be. The story focuses alot on the fact that despite how powerful he is he can't seem to escape his fate at being used and manipulated for his past sins. Basically i m avoiding to spoil since the story is really good and it should be enough to keep most people interested .

oh and since Rie Kugimiya is voicing one of my favorite characters from this story, thats just one more reason for me to watch this. And No she is not voicing a wrathful loli, there is a notable lack of lolis in this story.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2008-04-01 at 08:38.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 20:11   Link #11
NeoSam

Another manga adaptation of the Chrome Shelled Regios light novel series started serialization on April 10th, 2008 in Beans Ace magazine.

The manga is titled:
鋼殻のレギオス シークレット・サイド
CHROME SHELLED REGIOS Secret Side

Drawn by: Watari

Beans Ace is Kadokawa's manga magazine that serializes manga adaptations of Sneaker Bunko's and Beans Bunko's light novels, and original manga also runs in the magazine. Unlike other Kadokawa's manga magazines, this magazine serialize both shounen and shoujo manga. It serializes mostly shoujo manga, but has a few shounen manga in it.

Its unusual to see a manga adaptation of a Fujimi Fantasia Bunko light novel series running in this magazine. Usually manga adaptations of Fujimi Fantasia Bunko and Fujimi Mystery Bunko light novels run in Dragon Age/Dragon Age Pure magazines.
Old 2008-04-11, 21:39   Link #12
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

This is one anime I hope the story doesn't follow the original novel, or at least not up to arc2.

The story is pretty self contained until the end of arc1 and it starts to get out of control starting from Red Nocturne. And than combined with Ignashis' Awakening from the Legend.... things are really getting haywire. God, can a schoold rama just stay as a school drama?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
You pretty much realize quickly that the main-character isn't who he appear to be. He is neither the weakling/wuss nor is he the kind-hearted and easy going person he appears to be. The story focuses alot on the fact that despite how powerful he is he can't seem to escape his fate at being used and manipulated for his past sins. Basically i m avoiding to spoil since the story is really good and it should be enough to keep most people interested .
This is somewhat misleading. Leifon Alsef IS his real name.
Spoiler:
And despite he is no weakling and easy going, he is a TOTAL wuss, childish, a coward, and indulge in self hate way to often. Thank god this only last a volume and he lights up from Silent Talk and on, except the self hate part, though.
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 23:07   Link #13
QBnoYouko
Twilight Breaker

Send a message via MSN to QBnoYouko
Sounds like something I wanna check out. Wish there was at least some indication of when to expect it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
oh and since Rie Kugimiya is voicing one of my favorite characters from this story, thats just one more reason for me to watch this. And No she is not voicing a wrathful loli, there is a notable lack of lolis in this story.
Just curious but from where did you find out Kugimiya is in this?
QBnoYouko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 11:05   Link #14
Westlo
Lets be reality

If there's a VA list for this than someone post it up!
Old 2008-04-14, 11:22   Link #15
HaNa-san

The art is awesome and the story seems interesting ..I'll check it out, thanks for the information ^^
HaNa-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 20:08   Link #16
Niu

I don't think the cast for the anime is out yet.
The cast for Radio Drama and the Drama CD goes as follow:

Leifon: Shimono Hiro (Very fitting, Shimono is the best choice for a wuss you can find.)
Nina: Itou Shizuka
Feri: Kugimiya Virus
Jhaneed: Ouno Daisuke
James: Kobushi Nobuyuki
Meishan: Gotou Saori
Naruki: Kaida Yuko
Mifi: Shintani Ryuko
Lilin: Asano Masumi
Carian: Hirakawa Daisuke
Old 2008-04-16, 22:57   Link #17
Nightwing(T_T)
Sooo............sad

I just read CHROME SHELLED REGIOS MISSING MAIL - what is the difference for this manga adaptation story with light novel one - I'm reallly really really really curious about the story

could some one give the summary or might as well explain the plot (hunger of curiosity)
Nightwing(T_T) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 02:33   Link #18
Matt122005

Um, just to understand, cause I have the May issue of Dragon Magazine, did the short story JUST start? It says Chapter O1 but I want to make sure.

Also, can you read it and enjoy it even without having read the normal novels?

-Matt
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 05:25   Link #19
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

yeah, now that i read some more of the novel, while the story is certainly interesting, it is getting out of hand for something that was suppose to be about school-life drama but oh well it certainly isn't bad. Oh since there is no official list of VA announced i m just going by their drama cd VA which had Rie kugimiya in it. here is the Japanese version of the list Niu posted:
  レイフォン:下野 纮
  ニーナ:伊藤 静
  フェリ:钉宫理惠
  シャーニッド:小野大辅
  ハーレイ:喜安浩平
  メイシェン:后藤沙绪里
  ナルキ:甲斐田裕子
  ミィフィ:新谷良子
  リーリン:浅野真澄
  カリアン:平川大辅

And I m too lazy right now to write a summary of the story as the plot goes through quite alot after vol1 and 2 and i probably won't write one until i actually get around to finishing all 7 volume of light novels, but right now i m still busy with school.
As for the main character, well he could be so bad-ass one moment and yet so god damn emo the next. seriously he is one REALLY emo guy.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 20:12   Link #20
Niu

Agreed, Leifon's "Lilin help me!" is just epic. It is so sad that you hope he'd do that more often.

Also, you also have to read the Legend too to understand why I am saying this novel is getting out of control. They are really leading up to an evil secret conspirator is going to mess up the world plot thread. This is just UGH.

Tags
fantasy, shounen