AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-08-25, 14:30   Link #1061
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by topboy View Post
vampire knight should end since the last arc end (can't remember chapter,48 or 49 maybe)
After that vampire knight turn from wonderful shoujo to typical shoujo.
mangaupdates.com monthly/3/6 month Position for VK and first page user comments proof that well. (weekly pos up cause by new chapter out)
Actually I think the past few chapter have been some of the best content wise on characters. We have a lot of build up towards this reunion and I think the tension and drama are at epic levels. The typical shoujo would have ended at the last arc when the girl gets her "dream man" but I honestly think that if it actually did then we'd have seen a much different outcome. As long as the series keeps up with the quality storytelling it's going to be an enjoyable read.

Mangaupdates position should be fairly obvious why its like that. The Anime would attract a lot more people to visit the site to look up the manga when it was ongoing. Most big fans of VK probably wouldn't even use it nowadays to track it since all you'd have to do was go to Sagakure's livejournal or your average on-line manga reader which all keep track of it. This is also not in anyway an indication of quality which I feel VK is currently at its best and it still is the most popular Shoujo out there.
Old 2009-08-25, 15:15   Link #1062
equinox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Mangaupdates position should be fairly obvious why its like that. The Anime would attract a lot more people to visit the site to look up the manga when it was ongoing. Most big fans of VK probably wouldn't even use it nowadays to track it since all you'd have to do was go to Sagakure's livejournal or your average on-line manga reader which all keep track of it. This is also not in anyway an indication of quality which I feel VK is currently at its best and it still is the most popular Shoujo out there.
I TOTALLY AGREE!!!! there are so many other mangas i'm reading... and they have all similar storylines and i can guess from the very beginning what actually will happen.. it's different with vampire knight...you can never be sure what will happen next.. and that's what makes it different from other shoujos!!!!
it's true that some chapters after yuuki left the academy got kinda boring because hino showed us the daily live of the main characters... but now story is getting more tension again
equinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-25, 18:50   Link #1063
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Spoiler for Chapter 53:

Spoiler for Reply to Slick Rick:

Last edited by Sinestra; 2009-08-25 at 19:01.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 13:07   Link #1064
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Spoiler for Kaname:
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 13:52   Link #1065
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Spoiler for Kaname:
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2009-08-26, 15:43   Link #1066
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I agree completely with you. His inability to stop being "himself" will ultimately be his undoing. We can see it a lot this chapter he takes no responsibility for his actions. His killing of the Vampire Council caused a lot of chaos and unrest but instead of actually taking any sort of culpable responsibility he first takes a cheap shot at them with his whole Vampire hunter job are killing Vampires, basically saying that it was there job to clean up his dirty work and he had no responsibility to help out if when this most likely resulted in many deaths. He then uses their ancestors actions as justification even though it has no bearing on his actions and I doubt his ancestors or even he himself weren't also to blame for why Vampire Hunters needed this power to begin with. I doubt Vampires back then we're pure and innocent either.

I don't really know what to expect in the coming party. There are a lot of possibilities. I do believe Kaname has his own plans. He might even try to use this party to get rid of his enemies if they try to strike at him. He's not shy above placing people at risk to accomplish his goals nor keeping Yuki in the dark. Sarah seems like the most likely to start trouble but I think its in her best interest to try to do it by putting Zero and Kaname at each other throats. Zero might be unable to kill Yuki but I don't think he has 0 reservations about killing Kaname. Separating Yuki from Kaname would be in her best interest but I don't know how she go about doing it. If Yuki there then her stepping in the way could stop Zero.

Quote:
Spoiler for Kaname:
Personally the story has become more to me than about who gets into Yuki's panties as things have gone along. I don't really think much of what he has done has caused anything but more suffering. His killing of the Vampire Council changed absolutely nothing. A lot of people died after this and things were thrown into chaos. Also he made a mortal enemy of the next head of the Hunters who also now has plans to destroy all purebloods. I don't believe anyone is actually happier either expect him.

The Vampire Council was handled badly. There were certainly other ways to take them over without resorting to mass murder. The reasoning behind it was most likely that Yuki and him would be at the least risk with this method. They'd come out of hiding after most of violence had died down and pick up the pieces. This though shows his selfishness. How many lives did he cost and how much suffering? Is that romantic? Maybe him and Yuki can screw on top of those people's graves and show them what their lives help make possible.

I believe Hino-chan is intentionally keeping these things subtle. It's not as overt as Zero flaws but it's certainly there if you look. I could actually support Kaname if I in fact believe his actions would lead to something better but I do not. They haven't to this point and so far its looking to get even worse.
Old 2009-08-26, 16:03   Link #1067
fainessae
7 years bad luck

Quote:
Personally the story has become more to me than about who gets into Yuki's panties as things have gone along. I don't really think much of what he has done has caused anything but more suffering. His killing of the Vampire Council changed absolutely nothing. A lot of people died after this and things were thrown into chaos. Also he made a mortal enemy of the next head of the Hunters who also now has plans to destroy all purebloods. I don't believe anyone is actually happier either expect him.

The Vampire Council was handled badly. There were certainly other ways to take them over without resorting to mass murder. The reasoning behind it was most likely that Yuki and him would be at the least risk with this method. They'd come out of hiding after most of violence had died down and pick up the pieces. This though shows his selfishness. How many lives did he cost and how much suffering? Is that romantic? Maybe him and Yuki can screw on top of those people's graves and show them what their lives help make possible.

I believe Hino-chan is intentionally keeping these things subtle. It's not as overt as Zero flaws but it's certainly there if you look. I could actually support Kaname if I in fact believe his actions would lead to something better but I do not. They haven't to this point and so far its looking to get even worse.
It's actually one of the more unfortunate things about this story that "who will get into Yuuki's pants" often takes precedence to the more important themes of the story, and often the more interesting characters. But I'm totally with you on wanting more from the story than just the answer to the former question.

Hino's been very very careful with Kaname. She lets him do all sorts of shady things, but then justifies it with his free pass of "for Yuuki" (questionable) and also with other characters (making him a hearsay character) saying his actions were just, without the reader being able to confirm that they were just.

The reasons why Kaname slaughtered the council are still ridiculously questionable. Did he do it for Yuuki's sake? What threat did they pose to Yuuki? None, since they didn't even know she existed and besides, the council seemed willing to work with the purebloods, even if only to gain more power/prestige. Was it for the sake of a peaceful coexistence with humans? Obviously not so, if chapter 53 is anything to go by. Slaughtering the council didn't change anything; if anything vampire/hunter relations are worse than before because it stirred up underlying animosity.

So Kaname obviously must have another plan, another goal, he's working for, something "beyond" Yuuki, and probably something stemming back to his previous life when he was the Ancestor. (And if he doesn't have a plan outside of Yuuki, shame on him, because he could have protected her a thousand and one ways without hurting others.)
fainessae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 21:09   Link #1068
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:

I don't believe anyone is actually happier either expect him.

They haven't to this point and so far its looking to get even worse.
You touched on two things that i feel very strongly about and both i happen to mention right after he killed the vampire council.

I completely agree i dont think anyone is better off nor happier because of Kaname actions except him. His method of killing the Vampire Council actually made things worse and he made an enemy that is not only capable of killing him but would be more than happy to destroy every last one of his kind and stalk him to the ends of the earth. For all his well thought out plans damage control after the fact isn't one of them.

The 2nd being supporting him if he was going to make a difference. Im all for supporting certain questionable methods if they produce favorable results in the end. I am 95% certain that Kaname has set into motion that is going to leave a lot of vampires, hunters and maybe humans dead. I cant see his plans steering anyone away from the abyss i only see Kaname speeding up the approach. As of right now i see Kaname's existence as the #1 threat to humanity and the world. He has made enemies on both sides and Kanames very existence leads to bloodshed correction Purebloods dont seem to be able to escape bloodshed.

If i were head of the Hunter association. I would sanction to have Kaname killed or have him sealed. its not about Yuuki at this point i could actually care less about her since i havent seen her be useful in anything that shes done, as am i concerned she worthless until she proves otherwise. Kaname himself and what he stands for and what he represents is dangerous and should be removed. Hes not going to bring happiness to anyone only death and discord.

The funny thing is it could have been very easy for Zero to walk the same path. A flawed character who acknowledges hes flawed and a Perfectly flawed character that does not admit anything two sides of the side coin.
Old 2009-08-28, 01:29   Link #1069
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Well, but if they kill Kaname then Who would take the lead in the place of him? A new Vampire Council? A new Pureblood? They all are ridiculously powerless compared to him. And just a notice: Zero had no chance of defeating Kaname. He could control the Bloody Rose. The very weapon designed against vampires.And Kaname and Zero's powers still far away.
With the Vampire Council gone all power has gathered into Kaname's hands. I guess he has some kind of hidden motive and the still-hidden pureblood bloodlines having a role in it.
And we're speaking about how wrong his doings was when only a year passed. Of course after a sudden change of leadership, chaos is a natural thing. For Kaname the passing of a year is nothing he must be planning for decades long term.
And you know, as much we always see him as a wolf in lambs clothing he can be really a good guy in the end.
We just seriously know only the part of things. The other purebloods moving strangely for example and there should be a big secret about the vampires. If Kaname's aware of those it may explain his actions more.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 07:08   Link #1070
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Well, but if they kill Kaname then Who would take the lead in the place of him? A new Vampire Council? A new Pureblood? They all are ridiculously powerless compared to him. And just a notice: Zero had no chance of defeating Kaname. He could control the Bloody Rose. The very weapon designed against vampires.And Kaname and Zero's powers still far away.
Probably a new Vampire council or pureblood would take over but the problem with Kaname is that we're unsure of where his true motives lie and that why the Hunters need to be very careful. A new Vampire council or pureblood might be plotting even worse but the very fact that they are less powerful than him make them better options to enter a deal with.

Kaname confused the Bloody Rose but Zero certainly appeared to regain control of it. I doubt he'd allow the same thing to happen again. I don't really know about this power gap since Zero ripped off Kaname's hand and Kaname gave him only a scratch on the face. Maybe Kaname was planning on the wound to get infected and Zero dying from it but apparently this ultimate death technique didn't work.

Quote:
With the Vampire Council gone all power has gathered into Kaname's hands. I guess he has some kind of hidden motive and the still-hidden pureblood bloodlines having a role in it.
I bet he does have a hidden agenda but I doubt it has anything to do with peace and love.

Quote:
And we're speaking about how wrong his doings was when only a year passed. Of course after a sudden change of leadership, chaos is a natural thing. For Kaname the passing of a year is nothing he must be planning for decades long term.
This doesn't really change that people were suffering and things only now seem to reverting back to where they exact were before though I'd assume there is even less trust and more hate on both sides. Kaname also doesn't seem to have done anything to stop the chaos. He actually took actions that he knew would cause the most chaos then went underground to wait for things to die down before reappearing under the guise of a savior. This is my opinion is fairly despicable.

It's the very nature of Kaname to only think about his own goals without considering the suffering he does to others that is contrast to Zero who places extremely high value in avoiding the suffering of others in which he's often hesitant to follow through with his goals.

Quote:
And you know, as much we always see him as a wolf in lambs clothing he can be really a good guy in the end.
We just seriously know only the part of things. The other purebloods moving strangely for example and there should be a big secret about the vampires. If Kaname's aware of those it may explain his actions more.
Kaname's very secretive. Even now he still doesn't reveal many things to Yuki. For her own benefit? I bet he considers it such but I don't believe she'd like a lot of what he's planning nor most likely would I.
Old 2009-08-28, 22:16   Link #1071
Vinak
Procrastinator

I've stopped liking either one of the male leads. Zero doesn't deserve Yuuki because of his selfish behavior. And I feel Kaname is using Yuuki for his own benefit. I don't think he truly cares about Yuuki. she has become his doll.

Quite frankly, I am more interested in the development between Sayori and Yuuki. their friendship feels genuine.
Old 2009-08-29, 00:01   Link #1072
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
And just a notice: Zero had no chance of defeating Kaname. He could control the Bloody Rose. The very weapon designed against vampires.And Kaname and Zero's powers still far away.
where did you get this notion from. Think about where Zero's powers originate from then think about the blood that he has running though his veins that kept him from regressing to a level E then add in the Bloody Rose. I could think of no other person capable of killing Kaname other than another Pureblood. Make no mistake Zero has not grown weaker since the Ridou incident hes only grown stronger. He has the powers of a hunter plus that of his brother now hes a complete hunter, 2 purebloods blood running in his veins, the bloody rose and enough aggression and animosity to make any normal vampire cringe, dont under estimate him.
Old 2009-08-29, 05:46   Link #1073
katiemirmo
Chrome.o23
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to katiemirmo
can't wait for the new chapter out in sep.24
katiemirmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 22:47   Link #1074
hobbitheart

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemirmo View Post
can't wait for the new chapter out in sep.24
Me too! It just keeps getting better! Oh, those cliffhangers!
hobbitheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 19:17   Link #1075
equinox

the release is one day before my bday.. so there are two things I can't wait for... that doesn't make the situation better
equinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 23:50   Link #1076
hobbitheart

Random question:

I am looking into buying the Vampire Knight manga volumes, and I want to know what are the best versions to get (I need English). So far, there are two I found-the Shojo Beat ones that on the covers have "Vampire Knight" in red in a black box. The other version I found has the same pictures on the front, but the title has a white background. Are both/one/neither of these colored? Can anyone recommend me?
Old 2009-09-15, 19:35   Link #1077
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbitheart View Post
Random question:

I am looking into buying the Vampire Knight manga volumes, and I want to know what are the best versions to get (I need English). So far, there are two I found-the Shojo Beat ones that on the covers have "Vampire Knight" in red in a black box. The other version I found has the same pictures on the front, but the title has a white background. Are both/one/neither of these colored? Can anyone recommend me?
I don't quite know what the difference is, But All the volumes I own (7), are white with Red letters and a black border/background,If you mean by colored, the pages are colored in (instead of the typical black/white?), then no, the Shoujo beat version ones are not. Those versions have done just fine for me, but I'm pretty conscious about the conditions of my books. Anyway, the Shoujo Beat versions are good books, I don't see any problem in quality with mine.

PS: Sorry I don't know what that second version is that you're talking about.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 19:47   Link #1078
hobbitheart

Quote:
I don't quite know what the difference is, But All the volumes I own (7), are white with Red letters and a black border/background,If you mean by colored, the pages are colored in (instead of the typical black/white?), then no, the Shoujo beat version ones are not. Those versions have done just fine for me, but I'm pretty conscious about the conditions of my books. Anyway, the Shoujo Beat versions are good books, I don't see any problem in quality with mine.

PS: Sorry I don't know what that second version is that you're talking about.
Thank you! The second version I'm talking about can be found on MadManga:
http://www.madman.com.au/actions/cat...66&method=view
Old 2009-09-15, 20:13   Link #1079
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I think the difference is that the Shojo beat version is the one published in the US while MadManga appears to be a New Zealand/Australian publisher. So it should be easier to just buy the Shojo Beat one.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 18:49   Link #1080
hobbitheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I think the difference is that the Shojo beat version is the one published in the US while MadManga appears to be a New Zealand/Australian publisher. So it should be easier to just buy the Shojo Beat one.
Ok, thank you very much for your help!

Tags
manga