AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-02, 00:03   Link #121
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Nanoha has a love of honking-big cannons I see...

"There's no such thing as overkill."
What better job for a girl who loves firing large magic-powered cannons than being a test-shooter for the most advanced and certainly most dangerous weapons around?

I swear Nanoha gets a kick out of testing those guns.

And since she's also in the Training department, she's also supposed to teach combat tactics? She might have gotten strategy training (directly or indirectly) from her family... plus her own personal experiences.

Wait, what IS Nanoha's overall strategy in fighting?

Quote:
TSAB Combat Strategy and Tactics 101 Class - Takamachi-sensei

Nanoha: Remember class... First rule of combat: "Tread lightly and carry a really big gun."
(Class writes it down.)
Nanoha: Oh, and a tip from me. "Shoot first, make friends later."
Seriously, I wonder if Nanoha really tells her students to "use her brand of friendship"?

Signum has really gotten her hair down, hasn't she? From the stoic and almost-cold demeanor from A's to her current semi-comedic and more cheery disposition... it's certainly an improvement.
But I'm also hoping that she had already improved her skills since then...

EDIT: I did a doubletake on Nanoha's gigacannon, and my mind went "Waitasec, isn't that similar to that gun in Evangelion? ^^;" Go go Vulcan Nanoha.
Old 2007-01-02, 00:12   Link #122
Skane
Anime Snark

Actually, the manga hinted that Signum and Vita are actually stronger than Fate and Nanoha. They held back in A's because they were being 'nice'. Chrono is also able to beat Fate 1v1.

Cheers.

ADD] For the strange few who are unwillingly to use BitTorrent.

MSLN A's - Comics( Complete) + MSLN StrikerS - Comics( Vol.01-03),

RapidShare
YouSendIt

Please only use YouSendIt if you are unable to access RapidShare.

Cheers.

Last edited by Skane; 2007-01-02 at 01:41.
Old 2007-01-02, 04:45   Link #123
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Signum has really gotten her hair down, hasn't she? From the stoic and almost-cold demeanor from A's to her current semi-comedic and more cheery disposition... it's certainly an improvement.
But I'm also hoping that she had already improved her skills since then...
Yeah, I was talking about that in the StrikerS thread... they draw her with a lot of funny expressions too. Gives off a kind of... wry air, maybe?

I can't really see her improving her skills much though, as a program and person who already has so much experience, unless she really changed when she was freed from the book...
Old 2007-01-02, 05:27   Link #124
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

From the look of it, we'll have another immensely powerful Lost Logia on the loose...I wonder what this one will do.
Old 2007-01-02, 05:52   Link #125
Skane
Anime Snark

Fate's father.

Narf.
Old 2007-01-02, 07:09   Link #126
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Fate's father.

Narf.
Touchè, Skane-sama.

Now that you mention it, Precia didn't mention anything about a husband. I guess that Fate got her blonde hair from his Daddy.

Unless, of course, she's a coordinator.
Old 2007-01-02, 07:31   Link #127
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
lol knowing precia i can think of 2 possibilities for fates dad...

1) he dies in the blast with alicia but she didnt bother to keep him in a tank...
or ~
2) she killed him after finding out alicia is dead...women and their moodswings j/k ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-02, 09:10   Link #128
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
lol knowing precia i can think of 2 possibilities for fates dad...

1) he dies in the blast with alicia but she didnt bother to keep him in a tank...
or ~
2) she killed him after finding out alicia is dead...women and their moodswings j/k ~
Someone had already explained what had happened, in the StrikerS discussion thread...

Quote:
I got this info online which I think might answer some of you guys’ questions. It is from the novel of Nanoha, which is what the anime and manga are adapted from. I only got pieces and bits so don’t blame me if I got it wrong.

Precia was a brilliant sorceress. Her marriage did not work out and they got divorced after two years (or something like that) of marriage. That was where Alicia came from. I guess we won’t see Mr. Testarossa anymore.
It could be right, or it could be wrong...
Old 2007-01-02, 09:21   Link #129
Woden

...There's a novel besides the visual novel?
Old 2007-01-02, 09:45   Link #130
Skane
Anime Snark

He lives! Therefore he can return. Heck, let's make it interesting and have him charm Lindy. Then Fate can have her natural father back, along with a step-mother for a complete family unit.

It's definitely one way on making Lindy's character interesting!

Wonder how Chrono will react?

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-02, 09:58   Link #131
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Wonder how Chrono will react?
... With a Stinger Blade Execution Shift for stealing his mom's affections *ahem*

Read the A's manga, really awesome stuff there (especially the 5 on 5 battle and Dodgeball). I'm actually glad to see at least a competent magic user who's not one of the Mahou Shoujo trio or the Knights (he still lost though). Beast Summoning magic... they'd better have that in Strikers!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-01-02, 10:11   Link #132
Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Mikuru Moe Overload

Send a message via MSN to Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
... With a Stinger Blade Execution Shift for stealing his mom's affections *ahem*

Read the A's manga, really awesome stuff there (especially the 5 on 5 battle and Dodgeball). I'm actually glad to see at least a competent magic user who's not one of the Mahou Shoujo trio or the Knights (he still lost though). Beast Summoning magic... they'd better have that in Strikers!
More like Stinger Blade Armageddon Shift for that matter.

The A's comics are really awesome, especially for the Suzuka dodgeball chapter (she needs to get more airtime along with Bannings-chan) and also the two epilogue chapters as well.
Old 2007-01-02, 10:46   Link #133
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Mystery dads are always awesome. I bet Fate's dad has a Z-word Z-amber or something.

Or maybe Fate's dad is really Ging Freaks. XP

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-01-02, 11:03   Link #134
Woden

Wait, wasn't the original source material for Nanoha the Triangle Heart 3 extra disc... thing? Fate didn't appear in that storyline, and wasn't the concept wasn't created until MSLN.

Last edited by Woden; 2007-01-02 at 12:46. Reason: Obscurement
Old 2007-01-02, 15:26   Link #135
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woden View Post
Wait, wasn't the original source material for Nanoha the Triangle Heart 3 extra disc... thing? Fate didn't appear in that storyline, and wasn't the concept wasn't created until MSLN.
Well, yeah -- the novel that was being referred to wasn't where the idea for Nanoha came from or anything. It was simply another telling of the story that was released a month before the show started airing (probably to drum up interest). Like most novels, though, there are probably some additional details and bits of information that didn't make it into the TV show.
Old 2007-01-02, 16:02   Link #136
Woden

Wow, there's way too many things that need reading/hearing and summarizing... In english. Is anyone working on providing translations/summaries of these things to that those of us who are time/language/money challenged in western countries can learn these things?
Old 2007-01-03, 06:44   Link #137
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Wow, there's way too many things that need reading/hearing and summarizing... In english. Is anyone working on providing translations/summaries of these things to that those of us who are time/language/money challenged in western countries can learn these things?
Most of strikerS manga will be translated by the good loli-cons (I mean err... people) on 4chan and stuff. and I belive you can find Nanoha A's manga which covers 5 v 5 and dodge ball at the normal places.

On another note it really hurts the chances of nanoha trio as mains since chapter 4 jumps another year forward
Old 2007-01-03, 07:10   Link #138
Woden

Why? Even in that chapter they appear. Fate even gets several pages. The A's manga had an entire chapter without Nanoha and Fate.
Old 2007-01-03, 20:52   Link #139
DarkBlaze13
Gradios Barrage

Send a message via AIM to DarkBlaze13 Send a message via MSN to DarkBlaze13
Also, Chrono kept going on at how those three are their hope and are gonna bring light and all that...

If they say that much I doubt they're just gonna get kicked off to the side XD
Old 2007-01-04, 05:51   Link #140
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ that normally screams for "let the newbies get their asses kicked and the real heros turn up and wtf pwn everything in half an ep" kinda scenario >.<
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
On another note it really hurts the chances of nanoha trio as mains since chapter 4 jumps another year forward
so from 16 to 17...then 18...then 20 O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen