AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-11, 17:49   Link #1301
MissInformed

I am SO SO SO EXCITED! I have a theory how far they'll go with it, but who knows. I started reading the manga after I watched the first anime series, and I've been dying to see some of this animated. YAY.
MissInformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 21:14   Link #1302
UPR

Ill be happy as long as they show

Spoiler for somewhat big spoiler:
Old 2008-05-11, 21:34   Link #1303
FuzzyWuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post

NOOOO I CLICKED IT!!!! IT IS A BIG PARIS SPOILER!!!
I thought it is supposed to be a S1 spoiler.
/cry
*sob *sob
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 01:06   Link #1304
MissInformed

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post

I can't imagine them not.

Spoiler for elaborating on previous spoiler:
MissInformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 01:09   Link #1305
Westlo
Lets be reality

^

Spoiler:
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 12:31   Link #1306
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
... it wasn't bad except for the live-action slapstick. I didn't laugh when Chiaki pushed Nodame into a large rock in one of the first couple of episodes.
Can't say I laughed at that bit specifically myself, but I still liked it a lot. It is a shame you didn't enjoy it more. I finally got around to watching the LA version over the weekend. Having not read the manga or watched the anime I came at the show with no preconceptions what-so-ever, and I loved every minute of it as a result. Slapstick and all. In fact, of the live action slapstick that I have seen, I thought they pulled it off quite well. I felt the show's presentation was a delight to behold, if you take each part as seriously it the director intended, with each part pitched at just the right level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
...that Nodame Cantabile has been such a popular success in all its incarnations.
Indeed? I am sure a lot of what I liked about the LA show, it's power, comes from the great story being told, so I am eager to watch the anime and read the manga. I've been trying not to read this thread in too much depth, because I want to avoid absorbing too many expectation from other people's views about the anime, or the manga. It is hard though, just thinking about the show just draws me in...
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 18:58   Link #1307
nyasarah

Hi! I'm new here
Hope to here more news about Nodame Cantabile, may it be the luve action, anime or manga.
I'm very much pleased with the fact that Chiaki-kun is spacing out, hehehe!!!
but I'm not sure why he said that Nodame being unfair.
Sorry for the spoilers if I've given any,

Last edited by xris; 2008-08-11 at 08:15. Reason: The manga is licensed
nyasarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 22:07   Link #1308
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyasarah View Post
Hope to here more news about Nodame Cantabile, may it be the luve action, anime or manga.
Well, there is supposed to be a second season of the anime starting in January 2009. I have not heard anything about any more Live Action shows.

There is actually a separate thread for the Nodame Cantabile manga, so any discussion of manga events should probably take place there. At the least, anything from the manga that has not taken place yet in the anime should probably be spoiler tagged if posted here.

Last edited by xris; 2008-08-11 at 08:15. Reason: The manga is licensed
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 07:27   Link #1309
nyasarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Well, there is supposed to be a second season of the anime starting in January 2009. I have not heard anything about any more Live Action shows.

There is actually a separate thread for the Nodame Cantabile manga, so any discussion of manga events should probably take place there. At the least, anything from the manga that has not taken place yet in the anime should probably be spoiler tagged if posted here.

Thanks for all the tips
I'll keep all that in mind
nyasarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 08:21   Link #1310
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I believe NC Pari-Hen will start in October. That's the date given at ANN, and the Noitamina listing at Wikipedia also gives a fall date. I think it's scheduled to run afther the completion of Antique Bakery.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 01:27   Link #1311
blewin

yeah... I read somewhere that second season's coming out in Oct. Can't wait!
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 07:16   Link #1312
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

What sucks though is Kasai ain't directing the series anymore (or any other recent anime for the past year for that matter). Wonder if he got canned because of the lackluster sales of the kimikiss anime, something that's hardly his fault considering how fresh is his take on the love triangle angle there.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 00:36   Link #1313
blewin

From the latest manga chapter, it looks like the anime 2nd season will be airing on the 9/10!
Old 2008-08-26, 03:57   Link #1314
Silent_One

I watched the anime version of Nodame Cantabile first, then the live action, then I read the manga. I have to say its the only time I have enjoyed all three versions of any thing. Usually I don't even like going from anime to manga or manga to anime much less live action. Its just a great comedy/romance series.
Silent_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 01:07   Link #1315
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_One View Post
I watched the anime version of Nodame Cantabile first, then the live action, then I read the manga. I have to say its the only time I have enjoyed all three versions of any thing. Usually I don't even like going from anime to manga or manga to anime much less live action. Its just a great comedy/romance series.
I agree. Some mangas and animes have different art style, that's a big turn-off for me.

As for live-action, it's even harder to make a live-action series or movie that is satisfactory to any who has first watched the anime or read the manga. NC's live-action is pretty close to the original. I find it ironic that the girl who acted Nodame (extraordinary acting talent there, she portrayed Nodame's character so excellently!) is much prettier and attractive than her anime counterpart, whereas the anime Chiaki is more good looking than the live-action Chiaki.

The only thing I've to complain about the live-action is the portrayal of Stresemann. His personality is 360 degrees different. He comes across as a scheming, manipulative pervert, whereas in the anime, he's much more clueless with less flamboyance.
Old 2008-09-01, 17:40   Link #1316
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Anyone knows if the number of episodes reported on ANN is certain? Because they say season 2 will be only 11 episode long, that's too little.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 17:45   Link #1317
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Anyone knows if the number of episodes reported on ANN is certain? Because they say season 2 will be only 11 episode long, that's too little.

Well since it seems to only be covering the Paris Arc that makes sense to me. It's much shorter then the previous arc in Japan that we saw.

It always seems that the anime does the exact same chapters as the live action. I wish the anime would go further then the live action because that would make me more excited for it.

Quote:
whereas the anime Chiaki is more good looking than the live-action Chiaki
I definitely do not think this. I admit to being completely won over by Tamaki Hiroshi's charms.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 03:05   Link #1318
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Er, how exactly is it much shorter when the action in the manga takes place mostly in Paris from volume 10 to at least volume 20 (when I stopped following it, waiting for the anime, so maybe there is more)? I guess not everything taking place in Paris is called the Paris Arc?

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 06:09   Link #1319
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Er, how exactly is it much shorter when the action in the manga takes place mostly in Paris from volume 10 to at least volume 20 (when I stopped following it, waiting for the anime, so maybe there is more)? I guess not everything taking place in Paris is called the Paris Arc?
I was under the impression that the story moved around to other places in Europe too. I guess I was wrong.

But I meant they are probably only doing where the live action caught up again which is Nodame's first recital. I don't know maybe they will go further then that but with the manga still ongoing it seems like a good stopping point.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 07:13   Link #1320
blewin

if it's only 11 episodes, I'm afraid they might not do the episodes on Kuroki and Kiyora, and there's the competition that goes on between the other tenants.

Tags
comedy, nodame cantabile, noitamina, romance