AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-15, 04:28   Link #281
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post

I'm certain this things going to be animated anyway. It's what KyoAni specializes in.
Being an animation studio and all.

And there already is a live action Haruhi movie, though the content is of course questionable. As for Aya Hirano pulling it off, no I think she'd ham it up and be too cutesy to have that Haruhi edge judging by some of her live action appearances in kids shows which generally revolve around her asking questions and acting ditzy. Plus Japanese Live Action movie productions aren't necessarily known for their quality of acting at the best of times, and these are movies with people with at least some acting experience we are talking about. The Haruhi franchise is already in a bit of a rut so it wouldn't be wise to go the Negima path at the moment, and really every anime to have a live action adaptation that I've seen has been terrible and the one's I haven't have gotten universally negative feedback. Not a single one of them has been anything but pure camp.

It's better not to raise or entertain the question of a live action movie any longer though since it's pretty obvious it would never be.
Old 2009-10-15, 04:36   Link #282
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
... Unless some American studio gets ahold of the rights... *shudders*
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-10-15, 05:02   Link #283
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Thankfully, Haruhi is not nearly as famous as Dragon Ball.
Old 2009-10-15, 09:12   Link #284
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The Haruhi franchise is already in a bit of a rut so it wouldn't be wise to go the Negima path at the moment, and really every anime to have a live action adaptation that I've seen has been terrible and the one's I haven't have gotten universally negative feedback. Not a single one of them has been anything but pure camp.
Well, they probably could successfully pull off a live action version of Adventures of Asahina Mikuru. But there is no reason for them to even go the live action route for the franchise when it's easier just to do another Gekisou for milking.
Old 2009-10-15, 09:50   Link #285
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuganae View Post
That could probably work. Mentioning Detective Conan made me imagine a misleading opening exposition in film noir style, with a detective (Kyon), a femme fatale (Mikuru), a mysterious/ambivalent person who's possibly turncoat (Itsuki), a damsel desperately seeking help (Yuki), and an insane mafia boss (Haruhi).
"and an insane mafia boss (Haruhi)."
... LOL that one sent me off my chair.

Imagine if Haruhi really was a mafia boss

禁則事項です
Old 2009-10-15, 11:47   Link #286
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

She isn't?
Old 2009-10-15, 13:10   Link #287
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Live action Haruhi would be a hilarious b-grade movie. I won't pay for it, but if it's free, it'll be nice to kill my time with it.

If Hirano Aya puts some effort into it, she'll do okay as live action Haruhi. Except in the...chest department
Old 2009-10-15, 20:13   Link #288
SgtHydra
Void Dragon

I think a quick trip to Youtube would show precisely how bad an idea a live action Haruhi would be.

All Glory to the Greentext.
Old 2009-10-15, 20:50   Link #289
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
Live action Haruhi would be a hilarious b-grade movie. I won't pay for it, but if it's free, it'll be nice to kill my time with it.

If Hirano Aya puts some effort into it, she'll do okay as live action Haruhi. Except in the...chest department
Well, if you were to dub Hirano's voice over Kipi cosplaying Haruhi you'd pretty much have the perfect live-action Haruhi... I have real concerns with the rest of the cast however.

The one live-action Haruhi I saw screenshots for had this middle-aged man (it looked like to me) playing as Koizumi.

Casting for the rest of the SOS Brigade might be really tricky.
Old 2009-10-15, 20:53   Link #290
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post

Haruhi's chest aint THAT big to make THAT big of a deal out of it.

Not like all the fans are going to hate the live action movie, just because the person playing Haruhi doesn't have as big...Jugs, as Haruhi herself.
Old 2009-10-15, 20:59   Link #291
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The two male voice actors aren't all that far off Kyon and Itsuki really. And Hirano, when not hamming it up too much, can do Haruhi quite well on stage. Minorin and Goto on the other hand, look nothing like their characters. Minorin can do Yuki flawlessly on stage, but doesn't look the part. Goto...she might be able to do it, but I image her slipping more often into one of her other personalities...biker mode for instance Besides I can't see Hirano being able to actually pull of Mikuru abuse on Goto in front of a camera.
Old 2009-10-15, 21:13   Link #292
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The two male voice actors aren't all that far off Kyon and Itsuki really. And Hirano, when not hamming it up too much, can do Haruhi quite well on stage. Minorin and Goto on the other hand, look nothing like their characters. Minorin can do Yuki flawlessly on stage, but doesn't look the part. Goto...she might be able to do it, but I image her slipping more often into one of her other personalities...biker mode for instance Besides I can't see Hirano being able to actually pull of Mikuru abuse on Goto in front of a camera.
Hammered?

Thats like drunk right?
Old 2009-10-15, 21:15   Link #293
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hamming, not hammered.
Old 2009-10-15, 21:18   Link #294
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Hamming, not hammered.
Oh right ^ _ ^ I've just never heard that concept, hamming, lolz, so I figired it to the one thing that sounded closesst to it.

But if it was a live action (Which America's more likely to do), they could use the english dub people.
Old 2009-10-15, 21:22   Link #295
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Emperor View Post
Oh right ^ _ ^ I've just never heard that concept, hamming, lolz, so I figired it to the one thing that sounded closesst to it.

But if it was a live action (Which America's more likely to do), they could use the english dub people.
... Wendee Lee is a middle-aged woman. There's no way she could play Haruhi in an English live-action Haruhi movie. Freeman is probably too old for a live-action Kyon too.

OTOH, though, it shouldn't be too hard to fine a teenager with a voice like Wendee Lee's.
Old 2009-10-15, 23:59   Link #296
Tensei
Epitome of Divinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Emperor View Post

I thought it had already been agreed that an American studio making a Haruhi live-action film would be horrible, considering what happened with DBZ.
Old 2009-10-16, 00:02   Link #297
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Oddly, I'd expect them to be able to be able to find better young actors in the English speaking words than in Japan. People that can act and appear to be in the High School age band...if they aren't really that age to begin with.

(Still no to the idea...just stick to the basics)
Old 2009-10-16, 00:07   Link #298
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Spoiler for kinda OT:

Anyway here's a photo of Nagato from Disappearance:
Old 2009-10-16, 00:12   Link #299
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Spoiler for kinda OT:

Anyway here's a photo of Nagato from Disappearance:
Now that's just too cute.

DAMN THE CONSEQUENCES *hugs Nagato*

*Looks around and then quickly runs into HQ.*

Also to the animation thing, most of the time, animation people do that, when they are running out of idea's.

Still, I might try that, if I'm lazy enough.
Old 2009-10-16, 02:20   Link #300
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The one live-action Haruhi I saw screenshots for had this middle-aged man (it looked like to me) playing as Koizumi.
That would probably be explained in that all of the live action haruhi stuff out there, outside of the few commercials, is JAV.
Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, shounen