AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-14, 21:22   Link #281
Ninja FOO

*smacks forhead*

Um.. fake... real... did I skip a ep. or two?heh(note for those of you who wish to respond to this with a "man your dumb" line. dont bother I am that stupid!
Ninja FOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 22:22   Link #282
Knishman

Send a message via AIM to Knishman
hey guys go to the ending where Murrue is looking down at the ground, is that Neos mask or an i just day dreaming?
Knishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 22:27   Link #283
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

it certainly does bare some resemblances, but it looks.. flat.. so cant really be sure..
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 22:28   Link #284
jhcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knishman
hey guys go to the ending where Murrue is looking down at the ground, is that Neos mask or an i just day dreaming?

yes it is...
but before the series started it was already stated that one of hte scenes in the ED is a dud. Since a 2nd lacus has popped up now that scene you mentioned is starting to look more and more like the dud.
jhcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 22:31   Link #285
Knishman

Send a message via AIM to Knishman
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcl
yes it is...
but before the series started it was already stated that one of hte scenes in the ED is a dud. Since a 2nd lacus has popped up now that scene you mentioned is starting to look more and more like the dud.
Huh? Where was the Allegd DUD mentioned?
Knishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 23:17   Link #286
darockiscookin

do anybody know if Kira gonna get into a new MS gundam and save the world agian with Athrun and Shinn. Now there's two Lucas Athrun could dump Cagali.
darockiscookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 23:35   Link #287
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knishman
Huh? Where was the Allegd DUD mentioned?
In Fukuda's interview.

Anyway, we still don't know for sure. Another candidate for a red herring is Shiho Hahnenfuss. And no... half a head does not mean that "she is in it".

Murrue X Neo connection is tempting and intersting, but come on... that's just lazy scriptwriting. Mwu is dead.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 23:38   Link #288
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFire
Although there is also Transphase Armor that supercede PS armor. TS Armor protectes attack of both physical as well as energy weapon. The problem is the power requirement.
Yah, and EA came up with that, which is why I don't understand why they had to steal ZAFT's MS...can't they make better ones on their own? Unless they ran out of budget mass-producing Windams or making MAs...? ^_^;;
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 23:47   Link #289
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Although there is also Transphase Armor that supercede PS armor. TS Armor protectes attack of both physical as well as energy weapon. The problem is the power requirement.
Transphase Armor does NOT protect from energy weapons. It's the same as Phase Shift but it only activates upon point of contact, which conserves energy (you seem to have read MAHQ's wrong description of it from before)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Yah, and EA came up with that, which is why I don't understand why they had to steal ZAFT's MS...can't they make better ones on their own? Unless they ran out of budget mass-producing Windams or making MAs...? ^_^;;
Well, the Girty Lue doesn't exactly work for the EA... It seems to work directly under Jibril (since other Logos members didn't know about the J7 terrorists before Jibril told them about it). So maybe they needed some extra MS? Or some new technology?
Old 2004-12-15, 00:14   Link #290
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, Mobile Armors always outclass Gundams... until SEED that is...
EA's early MA's from Seed are the Balls of the Seed universe...

Can't wait for the discussion between Athrun and Gilbert about Fake Lacus (Assuming Athrun decides to make a big deal about someone masquerading as one of his best friends!):

Athrun: So what happened to the name being false making the existance of the thing false?
Gilbert: Uh....well you see....uh...
Ahturn: Waiting.
Gilbert: Sometimes... it's good... to be fake?
Athrun: Ass.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 00:28   Link #291
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
well, Mobile Armors always outclass Gundams... until SEED that is...
Well, the thing is, while MAs have always outclassed Gundams, they've never actually defeated one (unless I'm forgetting one)... They always get beaten somehow...
Old 2004-12-15, 00:31   Link #292
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
EA's early MA's from Seed are the Balls of the Seed universe...

Can't wait for the discussion between Athrun and Gilbert about Fake Lacus (Assuming Athrun decides to make a big deal about someone masquerading as one of his best friends!):

Athrun: So what happened to the name being false making the existance of the thing false?
Unless she's the real lacus and the one with Kira is the fake...
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 00:33   Link #293
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Transphase Armor does NOT protect from energy weapons. It's the same as Phase Shift but it only activates upon point of contact, which conserves energy (you seem to have read MAHQ's wrong description of it from before)
Yah, I was seriously confused when I first read that description...

"Ah, so NO WONDER the druggies shot at each other liberally! "

Quote:

Muwahahaha...I think Athrun needs to demand some compensation for the usage of his infamous Haro design without his permission.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 03:09   Link #294
haunterex

Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
Quote:
My own 2cents on the issue: Neither Zaft or Earth were doing much defensively at that point. Earth is firing nukes at Plant NOT Genesis which is about to fry the Earth. Zaft is preparing to fire Genesis at Earth NOT the Earth fleet launching nukes at Plant.
partly agree.

Overall, EA started the final battle in Seed.
EA was the one that launched the assault after they gained N-jammer canceller's technology and built tons of nuke warheads. Plant was on the defensive side at the start of the battle.
Think about it, GENESIS was completed and hidden until EA launched nukes at PLANT . If Zala was totally nut, he could have fire GENESIS at earth the moment it was completed. But the assault by EA forced him use genesis. If it wasn't for freedom and justice, PLANTS would have been destroyed since GENESIS couldn't have made it in time to prevent the nuke attack on PLANT.

PLANT fired the first shot to destroy EA's main force., which offset the power balance for that battle.
After GENESIS fired the first shoot, EA basically went crazy, because in their pov, they dont think PLANT would accept a cease fire right after EA tried to nuke them out of existence. So EA had to attack PLANTS so ZAFT had to make a choice between destroying the offensive EA force or destroying earth. If GENESIS was focused on targeting earth instead of the moon base, the time windows needed to recharge GENESIS would be enough for EA to carry out a full assault on PLANTs with the remaining force.
Correct me if i am wrong, but for the last battle in seed, ZAFT's force was outnumbered by EA's troops right? So if GENESIS didn't target the moon base and the reinforcements were to make it to PLANTs. It would have been over for ZAFT as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjuronord
Both sides were led by fanatics who cared more about genocide than protecting their own people.
agree, when zaft's space fortress was first nuked, zala should have started genesis immediately and destroy that assaulting EA's force to prevent them threatening PLANT in the first place.
Instead, zala waited for the EA's force to engage ZAFT's force away from GENESIS despite the obvious threat of nuke attack to PLANT itself.
haunterex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 03:30   Link #295
haunterex

Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
Quote:
Cagalli Yula Athha is actually considered an ace pilot... I want to see her pilot the Strike Rouge IWSP!
I dont exactly remember where i read it from... but IWSP was one of the assault pack developed for strike during seed. Cagalli tested Strike Rouge IWSP, but she wasn't able perform well because it was too complex for her to handle. So she decided to use the aile pack instead because it would have been easier and more effective in actual battle for her. Also if i remember correctly, Strike Rouge was damaged during the use of lightning pack, an add-on that increase the battery life, that's why strike rouge was not shown in action until the end of seed.
So if cagalli is to use Strike Rouge IWSP in gsd, her piloting skill either has to increased dramatically, or the OS she installed for strike has to be enchanced greatly in order for her to perform well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
And the reason why Malchio knew about Kira was that Lacus told him about him.
no, mlachio touched a dogtag kira was carrying and realized it was kira.
But malchio first heard of kira from lacus before their first encounter

Last edited by haunterex; 2004-12-15 at 04:08.
haunterex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 04:30   Link #296
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Well, TS armor is just a energy-conserving version of PS armor, so it has no effects against beam weapons, however PS/TS armor coupled with mirage-colloids-based energy deflection armor makes the MS immune to both physical and energy attacks. But the power consumption is very high, and it's still vulnerable to beam sabers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunterex
I think Reverend Malchio is clairvoyant, and currently I think he is one of the Logos

Regarding Cagalli and IWSP, well, I think she should have enough time to master it already, considering she has lead Orb people to fight for independence after SEED, and I think she has piloted the Strike Rouge IWSP for MSV stories.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 08:09   Link #297
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
That's what I meant to say. Thanks for clearing it up.

Quote:
But the power consumption is very high
Is it? I don't remember Forbidden ever running out of power... The drugs always take hold of Shani before it happened. It's always Calamity or Raider that ran out.
Old 2004-12-15, 10:15   Link #298
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
partly agree.

Overall, EA started the final battle in Seed.
EA was the one that launched the assault after they gained N-jammer canceller's technology and built tons of nuke warheads. Plant was on the defensive side at the start of the battle.
Think about it, GENESIS was completed and hidden until EA launched nukes at PLANT . If Zala was totally nut, he could have fire GENESIS at earth the moment it was completed. But the assault by EA forced him use genesis. If it wasn't for freedom and justice, PLANTS would have been destroyed since GENESIS couldn't have made it in time to prevent the nuke attack on PLANT.
I think Zala was just bidding his time, he wanted to fire the Genesis off earlier no doubt but had to wait until the opportune moment. This battle happened after Zaft had already learned that Earth had acquired the N-Jammer Cancelers. If their focus was on defense they should have fired the GENESIS much earlier in that battle. Zala wanted Earth to justify what he was about to do. The reinforcements coming from the moon base really didn't matter since I think Zaft intended to shoot the moon base regardless of what happened. The reinforcements just happened to get in the way of the blast. Zala was just a scheming politician really, he just wanted to sell what he was about to push. Azrael was just a nutjob, but Zala wanted to come across as a politician whose hand had been forced...course in the end he was just a nutjob too...
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 10:51   Link #299
Godtype
Face it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Unless she's the real lacus and the one with Kira is the fake...
Sure, if you consider the Lacus that was after Kira all through-out SEED fake.

Godtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 11:07   Link #300
blue cosmos
For a blue & clean world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godtype
Sure, if you consider the Lacus that was after Kira all through-out SEED fake.

Maybe their is no real lacus. Just copys of copys of copys. Think about it
blue cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote