AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-16, 02:29   Link #1021
Solus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaerstan01 View Post
hei doesnt have any renumeration, and that makes him a unique contractor... not sure but if im not mistaken,that was stated in havocs arc...
Didn't Havoc say that he didn't have any obvious remuneration? That doesn't necessarily mean he's without one. I think he has a remuneration, it just hasn't been explicitly stated yet. Hei seems to have emotions that come and go, so perhaps that has something to do with it. He might be playing the stoic soldier most of the time, but according to Havoc, he used to be one of the coldest people she knew in the Syndicate.
The fact that Hei doesn't act like a contractor has come up throughout the series. It's been implied that he has changed since becoming a contractor so he probably payed/is paying a price for it.
Old 2007-06-16, 05:45   Link #1022
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Another thing, I want to ask whether it's just my lousy comprehension in the wee hours of the night/morning or whether whoever else watched the ep picked up on the same thing, but
Spoiler:

Dammit, I want to look at little scrawny boys who grow up to be lady-killing cool dudes already... *gnashes teeth*
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-18, 00:33   Link #1023
aardvark

Finally got around to watching the eps 9 and 10 arc.

...not good at all Just felt so contrived and uncessesary. I loved the first 8 episodes, but this was a definite disappointment...subpar animation, subpar plot, just a waste.

Only highlight was what appeared to be a Steve Conte song in episode 10
Old 2007-06-18, 16:47   Link #1024
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Well, i agree with you aardvark , i think that chapters 9 and 10 aren`t the best of the show, but i think it will be better in chapter 11 (for what i read about it) and i think that we will see more action in the future..so... i will support this show till the end.
Old 2007-06-19, 03:20   Link #1025
gaguri

Continues its not-so-hot action that seems (to me) like a stupid way to flash out their power, but at least I finally got some interesting info from Misaki, and nice to see the hint of Hei being betrayed from their conversation. And Misaki's thigh worked as a great fanservice.

At least next episodes seems more intriguing.
Old 2007-06-19, 17:01   Link #1026
kauldron26
Med Student

wow... im guessing i saw a different episode 9 and 10. because i loved every second of it. and character development is always a plus. also there was so much insightful characteristics on hei and misaki in this episode... and the brutality and action scenes were simply glorious. more than anything, i love the atmosphere of this show... the constant impending doom and gloom in the air... like no one and nothing is ever safe. And kind of reminds me of the show LOST or CARNIVALE... theres mystery surrounding and embodying every inch of every frame. but to each his own.
Old 2007-06-19, 20:41   Link #1027
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

It's been a while since I saw an episode to Darker than Black.

The ninth one was entertaining, watching Misaki in a sexy qipao made my day, and it also issued concerns about relationships among people.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-19, 22:37   Link #1028
hipeach

I don't think its peer pressure, it looks like just insanity for me.
Old 2007-06-20, 18:49   Link #1029
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Re. episode 11, I must say that I really liked the little piano piece playing during the conversation between Nick and Hei.

Oh, is it just me, or does anyone else feel like the mysterious criminals they are throwing at us in each episode are rather not very mysterious? They play up those unseen bad guys to the max, but as soon as we meet the future culprit, it's just gets so painfully obvious as to whodunnit.

Again, maybe it's just me, but it's getting funny when the criminal is dramatically revealed, but the problem is that you've seen in coming kilometers away.
Old 2007-06-20, 20:51   Link #1030
flou
That's no lady

That piano piece reminded me a lot of Carmen
Old 2007-06-21, 12:01   Link #1031
wao
OK.

Can't wait for the episode to come out... meanwhile I'll sit and wait for all the "HAY IS THAT C.C." comments to flood in.

Spoiler for HAY IS THAT C.C.:
Old 2007-06-21, 12:41   Link #1032
The Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Can't wait for the episode to come out... meanwhile I'll sit and wait for all the "HAY IS THAT C.C." comments to flood in.

Spoiler for HAY IS THAT C.C.:

Well, she hasn't been doing anything recently, and this show is in the same timeslot...and apparently Pizza Hut put in an appearance...

Perhaps she considers this some sort of vacation?
Old 2007-06-21, 13:32   Link #1033
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post
Well, she hasn't been doing anything recently, and this show is in the same timeslot...and apparently Pizza Hut put in an appearance...

Perhaps she considers this some sort of vacation?
damn , vacation made her fat ( compared to code geass ) .
Gimme my clamp design back !
Old 2007-06-21, 16:54   Link #1034
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Oh, wow, I didn't know that the Intrepid Detective and Flatchest-chan return in the next arc (#13-14).

Weren't they boring, last time I looked?

Though, it's still going to be a Yin episode, so it isn't that bad.
Old 2007-06-21, 17:33   Link #1035
ItachiGT
Banned

NO OMFG!!!

Why the two ridicoulous person aka "detective" and "flatchest-chan" returns?!

They are both very annoying !

I don't like it at all!

I want all episodes like eps. 11. Dark, even darker than black, that atmosphere was good in eps.11

WIth those 2 bakas they ruin the show.........!!
Old 2007-06-21, 17:55   Link #1036
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 12:

I wonder how CLAMP feel..
Old 2007-06-21, 18:39   Link #1037
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Number 12 really was a good episode, mainly thanks to large quantities of Intense Anrgy Hei, who is always more awesome than any other kind of Hei.

The crazy cartoony sequence inside the Gate was really indescribable. That Disney-like rocket amidst regular DTB animation looked very weird.

And it seems appropriate that this arc was the best one since the MI6 episodes. Those episodes and these are, so far, the only ones that directly touched what I call "the main plot sequence". Since DTB is so episodic, this is understandable, but I do hope that later in the series, these main sequence episode would constitute a majority, as they are far superior to other, character exposition and development, episodes. IMHO.

Last edited by MrProphet; 2007-06-21 at 20:30.
Old 2007-06-21, 19:36   Link #1038
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Number 12 really was a good episode, mainly thanks to large quantities of Intense Anrgy Hei, who more awesome always than any other kind of Hei.

The crazy cartoony sequence inside the Gate was really indescribable. That Disney-like rocket amidst regular DTB animation looked very weird.

And it seems appropriate that this arc was the best one since the MI6 episodes. Those episodes and these are, so far, the only ones that directly touched what I call "the main plot sequence". Since DTB is so episodic, this is understandable, but I do hope that later in the series, these main sequence episode would constitute a majority, as they are far superior to other, character exposition and development, episodes. IMHO.
It really feels a lot like Cowboy Bebop, under this aspect. Even Bebop had some "useless" (plot-wise) episode that was in-between key ones, but then again as a whole I guess one could still use those episodes as an excuse to grow some sort of attachment to the Bebop's crew. On the other hand in DtB we really hadn't much chance to get to see a lot from Hei during this kind of episodes. It felt more as if he was a secondary character rather than the main (or one of them) protagonist, which is probably what ticked off part fo the audience.
Old 2007-06-21, 22:54   Link #1039
obidos

I have a question and it may be a stupid one but I'm going to ask it anyways. I thought this series was only going to be 13 episode (wasn't really sure but ANN had that up last I checked) but not I've looked it up again on other sites and they say it's going on for 26 now. Not that I'm not excited to learn it's going to be longer, it's just I'm a bit confused now. So if any one could be so kind as to let me know which one it is that would be great. Oh and I did look in the "How Many Episodes: Answered here!" thread it wasn't there. ^^;; *leave offerings and hides*

Currently Reading:To much.
Old 2007-06-21, 22:57   Link #1040
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by obidos View Post
I have a question and it may be a stupid one but I'm going to ask it anyways. I thought this series was only going to be 13 episode (wasn't really sure but ANN had that up last I checked) but not I've looked it up again on other sites and they say it's going on for 26 now. Not that I'm not excited to learn it's going to be longer, it's just I'm a bit confused now. So if any one could be so kind as to let me know which one it is that would be great. Oh and I did look in the "How Many Episodes: Answered here!" thread it wasn't there. ^^;; *leave offerings and hides*
It's 26 episodes
Closed Thread

Tags
action, supernatural