AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 6 6.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 15.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 19.10%
7 out of 10 : Good 31 34.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 10.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 5.62%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.25%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.25%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-20, 09:33   Link #201
Miraluka
Banned

Spoiler for aha!:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 09:35   Link #202
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ Is that a spoiler for the next episode?

Surely we don't need spoilers to talk about characters in the first season do we?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 14:21   Link #203
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

Surely we don't need spoilers to talk about characters in the first season do we?
Yes, it is a spoiler for the next episode.

No, you don't need, but the spoiler contains content on a new character, which is why it was covered up.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 00:03   Link #204
Primary Consult

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X
during the "invisible woman" chase, why didn't Kuroko use her teleporting powers catch up with her using the information given by Uiharu?
There is a "character fact sheet" in the manga that says (info that will probably never be explained in the anime):
Spoiler for one of Kuroko's ability limits:

This explained to me why she didn't simply teleport out of the giant hand in one of the very few action scenes of hers in Index.

It's a stretch but perhaps that quick hit from eyebrows-girl was enough?
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 04:12   Link #205
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
There is a "character fact sheet" in the manga that says (info that will probably never be explained in the anime):
Spoiler for one of Kuroko's ability limits:

This explained to me why she didn't simply teleport out of the giant hand in one of the very few action scenes of hers in Index.

It's a stretch but perhaps that quick hit from eyebrows-girl was enough?
ah, i see, but what makes me wonder is, how the heck did she managed to concentrate on that despite all of those hentai stuff floating inside her head

is she actually a distant relative of Jiraya & other similar types in shows or something?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 07:37   Link #206
DragonBladeX
Kancolle love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
ah, i see, but what makes me wonder is, how the heck did she managed to concentrate on that despite all of those hentai stuff floating inside her head

is she actually a distant relative of Jiraya & other similar types in shows or something?
Bunny Ears Lawyers are more common than you think....
Old 2009-10-21, 11:01   Link #207
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
ORZ...I should stop reading this thread or I'll be spoiled left and right more.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 14:19   Link #208
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

Well I guess we kind of do since someone who is watching Railgun might have missed Index and your spoiling it for him. Besides they are different animes so you do need spoiler for everything not related to what we have seen in Railgun init's first 3 episodes for now.
Railgun manga and Index (botha anime and manga) contents and characters should be in spoilers since they're not present in the anime so far or at least the majority of them.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 09:22   Link #209
Standy
Yup.

This show has stunning high quality for this show. That town in this episode looked amazing. Although i kinda felt it was lacking in action for this episode. So while i wait for episode 4, i feel a more action related episode coming along. :3
Standy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 11:55   Link #210
klare

this time Saten is the main char

as i suspected, the series is more like a story per eps format
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 12:40   Link #211
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
this time Saten is the main char

as i suspected, the series is more like a story per eps format
mmm I think they divided up screentime pretty well this time, nice and dynamic

Arcs! where are you? Please come soon
SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 15:51   Link #212
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I have been enjoying the anime. I think the anime will get serious later on. Shuffle! is a good parallel of anime changing up things midway near the end.
Daisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 20:29   Link #213
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So many disappointed folks for Railgun. Maybe you guys should watch this independent of whatever happens in Index. I hope it helps you enjoy this. Remember, this isn't a story about Index with a different POV. It's about "a certain ability, and a certain story of four young girls*."

Taken from To Aru Kagaku no Railgun's Official Site
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 21:52   Link #214
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
So many disappointed folks for Railgun. Maybe you guys should watch this independent of whatever happens in Index. I hope it helps you enjoy this. Remember, this isn't a story about Index with a different POV. It's about "a certain ability, and a certain story of four young girls*."

Taken from To Aru Kagaku no Railgun's Official Site
Given that here people mostly compare with railgun manga this is certainly out-of-place post.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 04:27   Link #215
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

That's even worse imo. They have no right to trash around Railgun only because it isn't a direct adaptation of the manga. And some even compare this to Index, which will definitely disappoint anyone because Railgun isn't trying to be Index.

Anyways, I can't stop anyone from mudslinging Railgun (and even Index) even though it's not over yet, but I hope you're not pushing away any interested viewers by your reviews.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 15:23   Link #216
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
That's even worse imo. They have no right to trash around Railgun only because it isn't a direct adaptation of the manga. And some even compare this to Index, which will definitely disappoint anyone because Railgun isn't trying to be Index.
Who said anything about not being direct adaptation? It's about failing in comparison with. And it logical complain, because if you bothered to change plot and changes are for the worse... Railgun certainly didn't came by the road of Negima anime, but when ep3 followed ep2 i really feared that.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 15:32   Link #217
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
because if you bothered to change plot and changes are for the worse...
Depends on the opinion. I find the current changes to be a good thing for the anime.
Old 2010-09-02, 09:33   Link #218
OkamiNoKaze

Interesting episode with a funny outcome, the way they gave it kind of a victorian look, helps with the atmosphere of the episode, making "Eybrow Girl" a Jack the Ripper of sorts.