3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-01, 10:50   Link #3541
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
in the end we will never know and the debate will rage on.
Both theories have their plot holes.
In the end i am going with what they explicitly show until they say otherwise.
Which is Lelouch is dead and he had an epic death scene.
Yeah, basically, we'll keep running around on this until the end of time it seems. Speaking of the end of time...

Meh, that they don't explicitly show some other things makes me think they are saying otherwise, thus I will take them up on that invitation on the matter, other then that I can agree, Lelouch vi Britannia is dead and had an epic death scene
Old 2008-10-01, 10:51   Link #3542
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
And I find it hard to buy the whole "Oh, now she has psychic powers now" at the same time. At least there was clear opportunity for Lelouch to have gained a code if that was the case, but the example of Rommeyer I feel places the Nunnally is actually psychic theory you guys are putting out into severe question given the difference in procedure and result of that example compared to the one with Lelouch <_<
I started that theory as a crack joke to show that even it was more plausible and supported by canon than Lelouch having a Code, And it is. That's the sad part. The images at the end were clearly not seen by Nunnally at all, since she had her shocking realisation before any of them appeared on screen.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 10:53   Link #3543
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
I started that theory as a crack joke to show that even it was more plausible and supported by canon than Lelouch having a Code, And it is. That's the sad part. The images at the end were clearly not seen by Nunnally at all, since she had her shocking realisation before any of them appeared on screen.
this is not truth i started because I was like convient to have nunnally be the one who holds his hand.
=x
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 10:54   Link #3544
Xevious451
Unassuming Local Guy

Send a message via AIM to Xevious451 Send a message via MSN to Xevious451
I myself am leaning more toward the possibility of Lelouch being alive --somehow--, but at this point, I really don't care. The ending was extremely satisfying and I'm pretty content with how things went. Whether or not Sunrise milks CG and continues with things is all well and good and I'll welcome it. But if they don't, hey, that's great.

Personally, if they did make an OVA or some such continuation, I'd hope it'd focus more on "Code Geass" and not necessarily "Lelouch of the Rebellion" because the latter aspect of the series seems pretty well wrapped up as it is. That's just my take.
Xevious451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 10:56   Link #3545
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
about number one.
Tanaguchi made a great parallel to greek epics.
In these stories the prophets and seers were always blind but to compensate for that. they were able to "See" the future, past, the Truth.
Isn't that ironic although that the blind can still see =X

At krimzon.
Lelouch was acting irrationnally.
LElouch has two months to tell orange kun his plan.
the same with Suzaku.
also they whole part of Suzaku crying and CC crying seems so out of place if he was immortal.
but this rehashing the same arguments.
so i stop there as the debate will linger on
I understand that there is a parallel to the Greek prophets who have 'an abnormally developed eye of the soul' (Halliday, W. R. "Greek Divination a Study of Its Methods and Principles"). But it doesn't follow that because there is a parallel, it can explain why Nunally would suddenly have telepathic powers.

I don't mean to argue, I just want to say that if we play this logic game, it's possible that we may find other parallels that Tanaguchi didn't really intend on doing. And if we do find other parallels, we could simply conclude that something was so or implied as so (Nunally's telepathy) because it was parallel with something else (Blind greek prophets).
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 10:57   Link #3546
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Oh hell no Discreptor, hell no, our theories are not anywhere as close or out there compared to that in my opinion. And her just knowing he is lying is once again contradictory to the procedures beforehand in which she displayed her ability, regardless of whether she saw the images or not, and I tend to think she did if she managed to gleam that much on the matter instead. Actually memory transfer works better in that sequence I feel more then any other explanation anyway >_>
Old 2008-10-01, 10:58   Link #3547
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
I understand that there is a parallel to the Greek prophets who have 'an abnormally developed eye of the soul' (Halliday, W. R. "Greek Divination a Study of Its Methods and Principles"). But it doesn't follow that because there is a parallel, it can explain why Nunally would suddenly have telepathic powers.

I don't mean to argue, I just want to say that if we play this logic game, it's possible that we may find other parallels that Tanaguchi didn't really intend on doing. And if we do find other parallels, we could simply conclude that something was so (Nunally's telepathy) because it was parallel with something else (Blind greek prophets).
Sure, the reason i am alluding to myth is simply because Tanaguchi had tons of myth involved in this series.
From Odysseus to Damocles.
From Lancealot to Freya.
Old 2008-10-01, 11:00   Link #3548
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Yeah, basically, we'll keep running around on this until the end of time it seems. Speaking of the end of time...
Or until an OVA gives the answer and one side of the debate finally wins.

*praying to the Otaku god that Taniguchi gets inspired to continue the story and Sunrise gives him the greenlight to do it.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 11:01   Link #3549
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Sure, the reason i am alluding to myth is simply because Tanaguchi had tons of myth involved in this series.
From Odysseus to Damocles.
From Lancealot to Freya.
Odysseus did not live up to his namesake at all, and Damocles had build-up, real build-up and establishment. Look, all I'm saying is, I feel there is more indication to the possibility Lelouch is still alive then Nunnally developing physic powers which once again I feel runs opposite of established precedent of when we actually saw her abilities in action, which can still run parallel to actual Greek seers, but does not mean they are actually like them, going back once again to example one of Odysseus >_>
Old 2008-10-01, 11:01   Link #3550
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Oh hell no Discreptor, hell no, our theories are not anywhere as close or out there compared to that in my opinion. And her just knowing he is lying is once again contradictory to the procedures beforehand in which she displayed her ability, regardless of whether she saw the images or not, and I tend to think she did if she managed to gleam that much on the matter instead. Actually memory transfer works better in that sequence I feel more then any other explanation anyway >_>
The memory transfer has always transferred memories from throughout the entire life. The images were only of Zero Requiem, the thing on Lelouch's mind at the time. Nunnally asked Romeyer a question while holding her hand to make her think of the answer. The fact Nunnally specifically held Lelouch's hand portrays it as an explanation for why Nunnally has had magical truth-detecting powers this entire time. Far more plausible than, "Lelouch has a Code despite not getting it from either C.C. or Charles and the images being displayed not being anything at all like the typical memory raep lol." This is how pathetic the "Lelouch has a Code" theories are.
Old 2008-10-01, 11:02   Link #3551
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Or until an OVA gives the answer and one side of the debate finally wins.

*praying to the Otaku god that Taniguchi gets inspired to continue the story and Sunrise gives him the greenlight to do it.
C.C. was crying for two things:

1. She was crying tears of joy because Lelouch was going to be with her...forever.
2. She was praying for an OVA of their afterstory, and maybe a little of the rest of the cast
Old 2008-10-01, 11:03   Link #3552
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

the mempry transfer stuff has not always been shown to show the whole life..with suzaku it just showed his father murder not his whole entire life history
Old 2008-10-01, 11:04   Link #3553
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Or because of Lelouch's decision and what outcome it would have. The fact that she didn't look all that happy on Lelouch's rise to emperor-hood sort of foreshadowed this.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 11:05   Link #3554
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
the mempry transfer stuff has not always been shown to show the whole life..with suzaku it just showed his father murder not his whole entire life history
Suzaku doesn't have a Code. When C.C.'s memories have come out, it's been from throughout her life.
Old 2008-10-01, 11:06   Link #3555
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Odysseus did not live up to his namesake at all, and Damocles had build-up, real build-up and establishment. Look, all I'm saying is, I feel there is more indication to the possibility Lelouch is still alive then Nunnally developing physic powers which once again I feel runs opposite of established precedent of when we actually saw her abilities in action, which can still run parallel to actual Greek seers, but does not mean they are actually like them, going back once again to example one of Odysseus >_>
did you understand what i meant by my statement?
I guess i wasn't clear enough.
Tanaguchi refer to myth in general.
This does not mean that they were all on the ball.
Lancealot was pretty accurate XD.
While other's like Arthur for instance is just there for lawls.
I wasn't trying to prove my point in any matter i was simply trying to say there is precedent for such an ability to exist.
In the end we don't know because they never explained it.
Same thing with the Code theory.
THEY NEVER EXPLAIN IT.
thus the reason the debate will rage on.
Old 2008-10-01, 11:07   Link #3556
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Or because of Lelouch's decision and what outcome it would have. The fact that she didn't look all that happy on Lelouch's rise to emperor-hood sort of foreshadowed this.
There's always the possibility they didn't know Lelouch would get better.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 11:08   Link #3557
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
The memory transfer has always transferred memories from throughout the entire life. The images were only of Zero Requiem, the thing on Lelouch's mind at the time. Nunnally asked Romeyer a question while holding her hand to make her think of the answer. The fact Nunnally specifically held Lelouch's hand portrays it as an explanation for why Nunnally has had magical truth-detecting powers this entire time. Far more plausible than, "Lelouch has a Code despite not getting it from either C.C. or Charles and the images being displayed not being anything at all like the typical memory raep lol." This is how pathetic the "Lelouch has a Code" theories are.
Always? There are some specific differences in regards to that, on another example there's nothing to even say his overarching flashback wasn't also possibly seen by her on the matter. And Nunnally holding Romeyers hand and having to ask her to repeat the phrase at all is typical of an ability that can be developed by blind people. And how is that an explanation exactly? She purposefully held his hand, she also purposefully held his hand even after he was dead, certainly not gleaming anything then I would imagine... And is not, the possibility certainly exists and would not run parallel to a past example like with Romeyer and since Geass/Codes cannot be explained away or contradicted given how little we know about them versus Nunnaly's ability as simply being a lie detector I feel once again, that your example becomes far more pathetic in comparison.

Quote:
I wasn't trying to prove my point in any matter i was simply trying to say there is precedent for such an ability to exist.
In the we don't because they never explained it.
THEY NEVER EXPLAIN IT.
I'm not targeting that the debate will go on, I'm targeting this apparent Nunnally has physic powers now in terms of this suddenly being more likely versus Lelouch still be alive. I think the comparisons, possibility, and evidence at least gives the latter more weight then the former
Old 2008-10-01, 11:08   Link #3558
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
In the we don't because they never explained it.
THEY NEVER EXPLAIN IT.
Ah, I understand you now. I also think that the Greeks were able to come up with cool names like "Damocles". (j/k though, I agree that it achieves some interesting similarities sometimes. i.e. "Sword of Damocles")

edit: I accidentally included "Lancelot". Thanks Krimzon, lol.
Old 2008-10-01, 11:10   Link #3559
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, the Code theory, in regards to activation upon death, has, in my opinion, been proven false by what Charles did. The Geass rewiring never completed (and it was cut short for a reason, not just to cut down time like Turn 7 did), and, from an HD screen, red rings were never around Charles' irises. Charles toyed with Lelouch by shooting himself to lull Lelouch into a flase sense of security. Charles, also, had only recently received his Code- and he certainly didn't 'die' before Lelouch 'ordered' him to do so, unless he just shot himself for laughs...again.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 11:10   Link #3560
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
Ah, I understand you now. I also think that the Greeks were able to come up with cool names like "Damocles" and "Lancelot". (j/k though, I agree that it achieves some interesting similarities sometimes. i.e. "Sword of Damocles")
Lancelot is Greek now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Well, the Code theory, in regards to activation upon death, has, in my opinion, been proven false by what Charles did. The Geass rewiring never completed (and it was cut short for a reason, not just to cut down time like Turn 7 did), and, from an HD screen, red rings were never around Charles' irises. Charles toyed with Lelouch by shooting himself to lull Lelouch into a flase sense of security. Charles, also, had only recently received his Code- and he certainly didn't 'die' before Lelouch 'ordered' him to do so, unless he just shot himself for laughs...again.
We also never see it getting repelled either at the same time, they never show it in this case or in example at all as we pan right out away from him to tell whether he had the rings or not, and thus much like the ending I feel it was meant to keep you guessing and wondering. All about the camera angling here, and something I note in terms of the cart driver as well >_>