Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-01-07, 16:42   Link #1
JediNight
キズランダム

Kasane [Manga]

Kasane by Matsuura Daruma
Serialized in Evening Magazine (Kodansha)

Genre/Tags: Seinen, Drama, Psychological, Supernatural, Tragedy

Summary:
Beautiful people are loved and revered. They have everything they desire right at their fingertips...
Even if that beauty is a complete illusion.

Before Kasane's mother died, she was given a special tube of lipstick from her mother. She was told that if times ever got really really hard, she should wear the lipstick and kiss whatever she really desires.

But is this keepsake a blessing? Or a curse?

@darumaym (Author Twitter)
@kasane_fuchi (PR Twitter)

Volume 1:
http://honto.jp/netstore/pd-book_25906770.html
ISBN: 978-4-06-352485-7

Hoping to drum up some support for this series, as I've been following it for some time now. This is her first serialization, and following her Twitter, she certainly has an ... interesting... personality
PS: This is NOT a Yuri title, nor shoujo-ai, hentai, etc. It's just a provocative cover to draw attention to the manga.

I really think I should come up with a better summary of the story, but I'm just not that good with them. Should it include spoilers? No? Only of the first chapter or two? Etc. Essentially this is a story that centers around Kasane, who is... well, ugly... having a famous beautiful actress for a mother who died, leaving her an orphan. Who wants to follow in her mothers footsteps as an actress, despite her looks and the bullying she receives at school. Then there is the lipstick...

Last edited by JediNight; 2014-01-07 at 17:08.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote