Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-07-27, 09:54   Link #201
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Because of all of Yozora's bullying, people tend to forget that Sena isn't exactly the nicest of people when left alone... You know the whole boys are servants thingy among others...
Doenst change the fact that Yozora is so hard to like though. I myself am wishing she would just disappear from the story altogether.

Sena can be mean but she never goes overboard into being downright annoying like Yozora.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2011-07-27 at 11:03.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 10:04   Link #202
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post
It is indeed hard for males like us to understand the concept of rape as a plot device. But that's the conclusion I have after talking to some of cell phone novel fangirls.
I'll try to understand that. However, it's really hard to think Yoroza is likable at the current rate, honestly.

I just didn't know the females take thing like rape as lightly as that, or at least, lighter than how the males interpret it.
Old 2011-07-27, 11:17   Link #203
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Doenst change the fact that Yozora is so hard to like though. I myself am wishing she would just disappear from the story altogether.

Sena can be mean but she never goes overboard into being downright annoying like Yozora.
But for me, I really like Yozora's bitchiness. Not so typical in manga and I found it funny than annoying.
I don't want her to disappear in the story because she gives the cap to Sena's ojou-sama attitude.
Old 2011-07-27, 12:32   Link #204
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'll try to understand that. However, it's really hard to think Yoroza is likable at the current rate, honestly.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I just didn't know the females take thing like rape as lightly as that, or at least, lighter than how the males interpret it.
That depends on their cultural education. So, in some countries the truth is that females don't care until they get raped for real. There are cases where classmates going on their way notices one of them is dragged to a side-alley an then raped yet they don't do a thing but keep going to somewhere or even pulling their cellphones out just to take photos/videos of the event and not to call for help =_=;. And what is more disturbing is that time to time the rape was planned by another girl to "teach them a lesson" to the other .

They skipped that chapter on the manga adaptation afterall. When will be released the next chapter?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 14:12   Link #205
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Fun chapter =03. Kodaka was so smooth with that line after Sena thanked him for saving her in the novel, but I do wonder why the HELL did they cover her face with a speech bubble in the next panel (=_=)? I wanted to see Sena's blushing face damnit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian View Post
It is indeed hard for males like us to understand the concept of rape as a plot device. But that's the conclusion I have after talking to some of cell phone novel fangirls.
Watch more hentai (>.>)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru~ View Post
I don't want her to disappear in the story because she gives the cap to Sena's ojou-sama attitude.
Yep; this. I don't particularly dislike Yozora even though she can come off as annoying sometimes, ESP when she goes unchecked, but the same can be said about Sena. Sena's behavior in chapter 9/10(before Kodaka's intervention) and Yozora's in chapter...12(the one where Maria first makes an appearance) is a good indication of their personality normally, and it's something I couldn't stand for more than a few chapters. But putting these two together, it practically guarantees that they get 'one-upped' by each other rather than one of them having free rein doing what they want. Seeing 'the mighty fall' is always enjoyable, which is why I love chapters like this when they screw each other over, like Spy vs Spy .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 17:47   Link #206
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
That depends on their cultural education. So, in some countries the truth is that females don't care until they get raped for real.
Erm, that's like saying people don't care about getting shot until it happens to them.

Nobody cares about anything until it happens to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Yep; this. I don't particularly dislike Yozora even though she can come off as annoying sometimes, ESP when she goes unchecked, but the same can be said about Sena. Sena's behavior in chapter 9/10(before Kodaka's intervention) and Yozora's in chapter...12(the one where Maria first makes an appearance) is a good indication of their personality normally, and it's something I couldn't stand for more than a few chapters. But putting these two together, it practically guarantees that they get 'one-upped' by each other rather than one of them having free rein doing what they want. Seeing 'the mighty fall' is always enjoyable, which is why I love chapters like this when they screw each other over, like Spy vs Spy .
As I've said, Yozora is not invincible but Sena is definitely not her foil. Very rarely does Sena get to screw her over, and when she does the payback is far worse.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-27, 22:14   Link #207
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
I've said, Yozora is not invincible but Sena is definitely not her foil. Very rarely does Sena get to screw her over, and when she does the payback is far worse.
Sena may not be Yozora's 'foil', but she certainly has gone toe-to-toe with her on more than one occasion, and that's the biggest point. I don't want another chapter 12, seeing Yozora mock, manipulate, and step on a char(Maria) to ridiculous ends and goes completely unchecked, where said char(Maria) TRIES to talk back and do something, yet Yozora stays completely unfazed. Sena can at least get in her face and take her on.
Old 2011-07-27, 22:19   Link #208
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Sena may not be Yozora's 'foil', but she certainly has gone toe-to-toe with her on more than one occasion, and that's the biggest point. I don't want another chapter 12, seeing Yozora mock, manipulate, and step on a char(Maria) to ridiculous ends and goes completely unchecked, where said char(Maria) TRIES to talk back and do something, yet Yozora stays completely unfazed. Sena can at least get in her face and take her on.
And she fairs no better than Maria most of the time

The only one that can unbalance Yozora is Rika, which we really don't see often...
Old 2011-07-27, 22:36   Link #209
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
And she fairs no better than Maria most of the time

The only one that can unbalance Yozora is Rika, which we really don't see often...
Rika? Can you give an example? Or some specific reason why you think that is, because I can't really see it =0\.
Old 2011-07-27, 23:38   Link #210
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Rika? Can you give an example? Or some specific reason why you think that is, because I can't really see it =0\.
Well, Yozora's main weakness is 'love' and those 'Love scenes' right? Rika's the only one that is completely open to that subject matter.

Yes, Sena has her ero-scenes from her game, but she was totally pwned by Yozora in regards to that.
Old 2011-07-28, 00:49   Link #211
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I think Yozora is weak to Rika because Rika always draw examples using the club's members.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 03:22   Link #212
Johnny
Working the bags...

Let's also not forget that regardless of the way she acts Rika is a genius. Whereas I won't say Sena is dumb, but she certainly is slow on the uptake when Yozora and her feud most of the time...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 03:31   Link #213
potchip

Hence the paradoxx why Sena can excel at just about anything that only involves 1 person, but appear dumb when under social situations.

Or that in love (to Y) is to be blind..
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 19:34   Link #214
Candyshark

So much hating on Yozora. I personally like her even with completely downright cruel attitude towards everybody but our bro. She can go throught biggest change in series. So who knows how she will be in fullforce deredre-mode. It's pretty much KirinoXKuroneko situation just with more spice. Besides how else will you get rid of rival with Sena's threat and stubborness level?
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 05:05   Link #215
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
So much hating on Yozora. I personally like her even with completely downright cruel attitude towards everybody but our bro. She can go throught biggest change in series. So who knows how she will be in fullforce deredre-mode. It's pretty much KirinoXKuroneko situation just with more spice. Besides how else will you get rid of rival with Sena's threat and stubborness level?
She should just get rid of herself rather than rival. She would do everyone a favor.

Kirino at least looked good. And was more dere dere later.

Spoiler for while:
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 09:00   Link #216
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Just started reading this last night, and I'm loving it to death. On Chapter 7 right now.

sooooo horrrnnyyy
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 09:16   Link #217
Bloss-Chan

I love Yozora more than Sena ;l But that's just me maybe ..

Sena is annoying, and I want to hit her with a shovel.
Bloss-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 15:21   Link #218
ZODDGUTS

Yozora already looks like she was hit with the ugly shovel with the way she looks.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 16:47   Link #219
Kyouka
Is Here

nahh uhhhh yozora is the hawtest lol hehe cant wait for the anime her Va is ohh soo yummy
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 18:18   Link #220
LC
Shocking Pink

Glad I gave this a second try. Chapter 0 was pretty unappealing, but Chapter 1 and the following chapters were pretty great! Team Yozora~

Tags
comedy, school life, seinen