AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 16 39.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 17.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 26.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-09, 09:17   Link #81
miketyson

Vena:
Spoiler for Wings, Wings, Wings:

Also:
Spoiler for Stalkers:
Old 2012-04-09, 09:47   Link #82
Zuul

I really hope Zessica is going to seize the little opportunity she has now that Amata has been made aware that Mikono was not realistically the girl who'll wait for him.

Not only because I like her better, but also because she has been a better friend to Amata I think.
She also seems to suffer more from being dejected than Mikono would.

And finally because it would be more interesting plot wise to see the pairing apparently set in stone crumbled into nothingness than Zessica just being some sort of weak pseudo-threats between 2 Kagura attacks. Lame. Go underdog Zess !!

Unpopular opinion I know.

Is the translator sulking ? Where is the sub ? Damn.
Old 2012-04-09, 14:05   Link #83
mayumi

the problem is zessica is really underdog of underdog. so amata wants to live in present and think of future, great i am all for it but he still might have chosen a girl with past issues. so while this whole jump over fate have mikono who is silvie reincarnated choose a new lover instead of the past one is all good and all but is that really changing destiny?

wouldn't changing destiny be more in lie of creating a new one with a new apollonius-celiane than have a new lead pair up with a past character? i don't know, i can't see mikono just say screw you kagura/apollo i got a new lover, bye. the most easiest solution ofcourse would be amata and kagura are one person which leads to mikono winning again. poor zess :c
Old 2012-04-09, 14:14   Link #84
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
the problem is zessica is really underdog of underdog. so amata wants to live in present and think of future, great i am all for it but he still might have chosen a girl with past issues. so while this whole jump over fate have mikono who is silvie reincarnated choose a new lover instead of the past one is all good and all but is that really changing destiny?

wouldn't changing destiny be more in lie of creating a new one with a new apollonius-celiane than have a new lead pair up with a past character? i don't know, i can't see mikono just say screw you kagura/apollo i got a new lover, bye. the most easiest solution ofcourse would be amata and kagura are one person which leads to mikono winning again. poor zess :c

I cannot stand the idea of Amata and Mikono being all lovey dovey while Zessica suffers in the background. So I hope the AmataxMikono thing is at least going to collapse. I'm bitter like that.

I could have been at least neutral to it if they didn't make Zessica feel miserable about it, while she apparently doesn't stand a snowball chance in hell.

At least give her a little bit of a chance. It's like sadist writters are making her suffer just for the lulz while it serves no plot point at all (at least so far). I'd rather have her not involved into that romantic mess at all.

But at least now Amata can feel a little bit of the jelly Zessica is suffering from because of him. I'm still damn butthurt and frustrated.

And I don't really like the idea of Sylvie/appollon getting with anyone else knowing the promise.
As a fan of Greek tragedies and myths I like when the fools trying to go against destiny get bitchslapped by it harshly (I'm opposing a major theme of this anime here. But I don't care.XD)

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-04-09 at 14:53.
Old 2012-04-09, 15:01   Link #85
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Is the translator sulking ? Where is the sub ?
Sunday was Easter. Holiday celebrations generally throw a wrench into normal fansubbing schedules.
Old 2012-04-09, 17:45   Link #86
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Hm? I thought she was being sarcastic in a sad way - not "you're not the hero" but more like "there he goes being all heroic"...
I got it more like that too, something as she was worrying for the current danger, Amata having no chances against Kagura, in fact Kagura at the moment had just started beating him up. Surely mixed with her sadness to see him fighting blindly/sacrificing for another girl. But as always they chose the right words to make it ambiguous enough to fit both layers, reality and tale

Anyways I'm expecting Zessica will bloom soon. I can't believe that they leave her just the way she is now. Surely so far things are going like Mykage predicted in his blossom-less garden analogy.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-04-09, 18:04   Link #87
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Couldn't wait any longer, so I settled for Chinese which surprisingly wasn't that difficult to understand- well except for the Mykage monologue part but that's the same for any language

There's one thing I've learnt from this is that there's a vast difference between what you understand from reading other people's impressions on this thread, and what you understand from actually seeing the episode. In a way it was a very, VERY tense episode pairing-wise, but I don't think anything truly cataclysmic (Though it got close a couple of times) had actually happened so that's good... But damn, my guts are still abit cramped up from the tension
Old 2012-04-09, 18:16   Link #88
Kunagisa

Quote:
I cannot stand the idea of Amata and Mikono being all lovey dovey while Zessica suffers in the background. So I hope the AmataxMikono thing is at least going to collapse. I'm bitter like that.

I could have been at least neutral to it if they didn't make Zessica feel miserable about it, while she apparently doesn't stand a snowball chance in hell.

At least give her a little bit of a chance. It's like sadist writters are making her suffer just for the lulz while it serves no plot point at all (at least so far). I'd rather have her not involved into that romantic mess at all.

But at least now Amata can feel a little bit of the jelly Zessica is suffering from because of him. I'm still damn butthurt and frustrated.
Speaking from a Mikono x Amata supporter's perspective, I think this would just make me laugh harder. Honestly, I think people are so used to seeing Kaji being "NTR'ed" that they are would actually want to see this regardless wwwwwwww.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Welp... The way I see it, if Amata can be forgiven for being physically attracted to Zessica despite not having any romantic feelings for her, I don't see why we can't let it slide for the same thing with Mikono whenever she's placed beside this 'magnificent' specimen of a 'man'.
As if you don't know the answer already! Double standard between genders! Mikono didn't even do anything this episode. She was completely passive except in the end, and even then her behavior's quite unsurprising because she's just too nice and a total idiot.

This episode in general is just way too funny.

Kagura's just soooo charming, too bad for him I think he has even less a chance with Mikono now. With Mikono denying to be Sylvie and her happy seeing Amata in the end, Kagura got friendzoned pretty hard. Zessica continues to suffer, but for some reason I stop feeling sorry for her and find it funny because the staff's just trying way too hard to push this. Amataaaaaa wwwwwwwww. I don't even know what to say anymore, even during your power up episode you still get "NTR'ed" and sucker punched. What I really want to see more at this point is Fudo and Mykage interacting, since those two have the best chemistry with each other.

The highlight of the episode for me is in the beginning when Fudo just teleported away with loli in his arms. I literally died laughing there. On the other hand, I WANT MY OLD ED BACK. OGURA YUI CAN'T SING AT ALL. The new ED is absolutely terrible, so terrible that I have to say it twice. At first I thought it's just character song and argggggghhhhhhhhhhhh all my why when I saw the credits roll on. New OP better make up for it because I'm skipping this one from now on.

Next episode seems like a winner though.

EDIT: Oh god, I forgot the most important thing. KAGURA IS A TOTAL PERVERT. MFW Mikono asked him to "kill" her right there and he started blushing. I literally went from to .
Spoiler for translations:

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2012-04-09 at 18:30.
Old 2012-04-09, 22:49   Link #89
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
On the other hand, I WANT MY OLD ED BACK. OGURA YUI CAN'T SING AT ALL. The new ED is absolutely terrible, so terrible that I have to say it twice. At first I thought it's just character song and argggggghhhhhhhhhhhh all my why when I saw the credits roll on. New OP better make up for it because I'm skipping this one from now on.
I was looking forward to the new ED but when I saw it I was underwhelmed. I like Yunoha as a character and I am rather curious about the lyrics of the song, but her VA's singing voice is just too high pitched. I hope this is just for this one episode and we'll get a different song next week or else I'll have to fast forward come the ED sequence for the next 11 episodes.
Old 2012-04-09, 23:44   Link #90
pingva

For people who still hasn't noticed in the previous episodes when Kagura talks in reverse he talks about his feelings to his wench. It means that while Amata from boners flies, Kagura talks in reverse.
Old 2012-04-09, 23:58   Link #91
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Speaking from a Mikono x Amata supporter's perspective, I think this would just make me laugh harder. Honestly, I think people are so used to seeing Kaji being "NTR'ed" that they are would actually want to see this regardless wwwwwwww.
So this actor is especially typecasted to voice characters with unfaithful GF.

Quote:

As if you don't know the answer already! Double standard between genders! Mikono didn't even do anything this episode. She was completely passive except in the end, and even then her behavior's quite unsurprising because she's just too nice and a total idiot.
I see it as well. It's quite annoying.

According to some people Mikono is a whore for sparing Kagura one though or 2 (in a pitying non sexual way) but Amata is just a normal healthy boy when he got boners over other girls.

Double standards indeed.

And I agree the new ED is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Horrible painful voice.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-04-10 at 00:09.
Old 2012-04-10, 01:34   Link #92
pingva

After all tree of life didn't worked:

But the flowers wilted before they could bear fruit. Eventually the Earth would be unable to support life.

So maybe Mykage has a plan to save Altair.
Old 2012-04-10, 01:34   Link #93
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Shit! I can't believe you guys! So good guy like Amata are annoying while a monster (jerkass doesn't do what that mass murderer did justice) like Kagura is cool and cute!? Oh my!
Old 2012-04-10, 01:37   Link #94
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Shit! I can't believe you guys! So good guy like Amata are annoying while a monster (jerkass doesn't do what that mass murderer did justice) like Kagura is cool and cute!? Oh my!
That's exactly how I feel. No kidding.

I don't have much sympathy for Amata personnally. Though I did feel a little bad for him when he got his ass whooped. But not much.

Kagura isn't that bad. He certainly is not a mass murderer.
Old 2012-04-10, 01:41   Link #95
Dynzel
( ´_ゝ`)フーン

This honestly bothers me: heightened emotions =/= boners, unless you're telling me Amata has a thing for zombies (ep3) and ghosts (ep7). (Sorry, I'm just really tired of seeing this.)

Finally saw the episode. Impressions:

- The way they're presenting Kagura's reverse speech patterns is baffling (read: annoying). I was pretty much inching my head away from my monitor that whole time he was talking to Mikono.... Sorry dude, you might look good and cute with the blush but you're still weirding me out. (I quite miss Apollo....)

- Zessica's really breaking my heart here. So is Amata, from what I saw in the preview. Will they ever catch a break? I'm not even hoping for them to end up together. I just want them to not be miserable. And I'm miffed by how Zessica didn't... do anything. And by do anything, I mean like, you know, give Amata a telekinetic hand.

- I was seriously squinting when Mikono showed up at the end... I'm trying, I'm trying really hard to understand but all I have is confusion and pity. Hopefully the next episode will expand on this.

- I like Yunoha but her voice grates my nerves, still. Cute ending song but it felt horribly misplaced... should've been last week's ending, if anything IMO. Now, I wonder if we'll get a song from the characters from now on? Maybe, maybe not. I hope so, just so I can hear Hanazawa sing. Maybe Nakajima too, if we're lucky. Not holding my breath though.
Old 2012-04-10, 01:43   Link #96
pingva

Quote:
It's simple. Now every show's main character is like Amata, after so many shows you loose interest in them and start enjoying the story and secondary characters.
Old 2012-04-10, 01:55   Link #97
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
It's simple. Now every show's main character is like Amata, after so many shows you loose interest in them and start enjoying the story and secondary characters.
I suppose people will feel the same watching you like they did Amata if you were to appear on media.

Media is scary. People only care about how to entertain themselves while not caring about morality or how the characters would feel.

What do you think when you saw an article about a wife who cheats on her husband because he was always working and doesn't spend enough time with her (when she doesn't even work)? Or the wife who divorces her own husband after he lost his job (since now he's useless and he was all ver her to be passive along those married years)? It probably amuses you.
Old 2012-04-10, 02:04   Link #98
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynzel View Post
- Zessica's really breaking my heart here. So is Amata, from what I saw in the preview. Will they ever catch a break? I'm not even hoping for them to end up together. I just want them to not be miserable. And I'm miffed by how Zessica didn't... do anything. And by do anything, I mean like, you know, give Amata a telekinetic hand.
IIRC, she was off getting Cayenne and help while Amata stalled for time. She cannot be in two places at once.
Old 2012-04-10, 02:07   Link #99
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Kagura isn't that bad. He certainly is not a mass murderer.
Last time Ive checked, he's responisble for all but one of those coffins.
Old 2012-04-10, 02:14   Link #100
pingva

Quote:
I suppose people will feel the same watching you like they did Amata if you were to appear on media.

Media is scary. People only care about how to entertain themselves while not caring about morality or how the characters would feel.

What do you think when you saw an article about a wife who cheats on her husband because he was always working and doesn't spend enough time with her (when she doesn't even work)? Or the wife who divorces her own husband after he lost his job (since now he's useless and he was all ver her to be passive along those married years)? It probably amuses you.
Real life problems affects me.
I'm a boring person why they should even watch me.
We are talking about fiction and in fiction I want something different.
By the way I have no favorite character or pair in this show and I like Mykage and even Izumo, maybe I would ship Kagura and Shushu they are cute together.
Kagura has no bad intentions and he is so dumb that I can't start even hate or take him seriously or even think that he is an enemy.

By the way what do you think of Shrade? He used his music to kill people during his concerts. According to you he should die or live or something else?

Last edited by pingva; 2012-04-10 at 03:01.
Closed Thread