Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-06-05, 04:30   Link #1201
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Shoot a target in over 2km with a low-caliber sniper rifle or a DMR seems... impractically extraordinary, atypical in real-life situation.

Comparing 7.62x51mm with 7.62x54mmR, how can you say the difference between these two? Since the NATO-made rimless 7.62mm can be different compare to the over 100 years old Russian-made rimmed 7.62mm in terms of ballistics performances.

By the way, who's Zohan?

Sounds... remarkable for you, I say. However, I do saw other country uses scope on a GPMG and even heavy machine gun, particularly Russia. Use scope and night vision scope on them in the field in some occasion. Though like you said, it seems impractical to equip a scope on a GPMG. By the way, how about use a night vision scope on FN MAG?

Besides, any info about Hamaki?
I think the only optics they can use for it is the ACOG, Elcan (damn I really hate that), SUSAT (Also not liek the reticle of it), EOTech Holos or Red dot sights plus grip.

Reki vs the famous Finn and Russian snipers or the latter two is in her blood will be lawling....
Old 2011-06-05, 04:37   Link #1202
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
I think the only optics they can use for it is the ACOG, Elcan (damn I really hate that), SUSAT (Also not liek the reticle of it), EOTech Holos or Red dot sights plus grip.

Reki vs the famous Finn and Russian snipers or the latter two is in her blood will be lawling....
I do see people uses reflex sights, red-dot sights and ACOG-type sights on GPMG. M60E variants are maybe one of the example with such application. Hmm... seems like the pro-NATO nation has maybe made such a restriction.

By the way, do you believe that Russian uses the SVD's PSO-type sniper scopes on their PKMs?

Ho ho! Russian and Finnish snipers are legendary. Reki might be inherited from either of these bloodlines due to her superhuman sharpshooting skills. Just my guess, though.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 05:42   Link #1203
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
I do see people uses reflex sights, red-dot sights and ACOG-type sights on GPMG. M60E variants are maybe one of the example with such application. Hmm... seems like the pro-NATO nation has maybe made such a restriction.

By the way, do you believe that Russian uses the SVD's PSO-type sniper scopes on their PKMs?

Ho ho! Russian and Finnish snipers are legendary. Reki might be inherited from either of these bloodlines due to her superhuman sharpshooting skills. Just my guess, though.
closest thing will be what Cosmic said before. the Mongols and Yoshitsune (can anyone confirm) were duly noted for the extensive usage of the bow and arrow. for the Mongols, some of their horsemen were mounted archers armed with the Mongolian bow which made them a very formidable force in the open plains since an archer line had the difficulty (except those who are adepts) of hitting back a moving target that could zero in an arrow without compromising mobility.

Yoshitsune was said (CONFIRM PLOX) to be very skilled with the bow and arrow. mix 'em all together and add a sniper rifle for the descendant, and the end result? I'm sure Reki can make the M14 cry manly tears if it DID reach 2km.

SVD scope and AR/GPMG? tacticool as it may be, but NO.
Old 2011-06-05, 06:17   Link #1204
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
closest thing will be what Cosmic said before. the Mongols and Yoshitsune (can anyone confirm) were duly noted for the extensive usage of the bow and arrow. for the Mongols, some of their horsemen were mounted archers armed with the Mongolian bow which made them a very formidable force in the open plains since an archer line had the difficulty (except those who are adepts) of hitting back a moving target that could zero in an arrow without compromising mobility.

Yoshitsune was said (CONFIRM PLOX) to be very skilled with the bow and arrow. mix 'em all together and add a sniper rifle for the descendant, and the end result? I'm sure Reki can make the M14 cry manly tears if it DID reach 2km.

Hmm... Interesting piece of history, indeed. Reminds me of the Genghis Khan's times when it comes to the Mongol archers and raiders.

M14? Should it be M21?

Spoiler for "NO" means?:
Old 2011-06-05, 06:43   Link #1205
mechdra

I just read the updated translation of volume 7, I am getting confuse with the effects of irokane towards human now. Besides hair color, will it also affect growth like Aria?It seems that the girls that use irokane seems to be either under develop (Aria, Reki and possibly Riko) or too healthy (Shirayuki and Jeanne).
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 06:48   Link #1206
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Hmm... Interesting piece of history, indeed. Reminds me of the Genghis Khan's times when it comes to the Mongol archers and raiders.

M14? Should it be M21?

Spoiler for "NO" means?:
Mongol archers are usually mobile. i dunno if its just me but the typical archer group is always stationary because they rely on the sheer volley of arrows.

and the NO part:
never exactly saw a certain mod for real, but in my case, its just tacticool... I can understand that big ass NVS that was shown on an M16 and M82, but really...probably affects mobility... something that Reki has but doesnt use

M14 because I want to speculate just how she can turn this gun into a deadly assassin
Old 2011-06-05, 07:18   Link #1207
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
I just read the updated translation of volume 7, I am getting confuse with the effects of irokane towards human now. Besides hair color, will it also affect growth like Aria?It seems that the girls that use irokane seems to be either under develop (Aria, Reki and possibly Riko) or too healthy (Shirayuki and Jeanne).
I don't think Riko is under developed. And... why Jeanne is too healthy?

Quote:
Mongol archers are usually mobile. i dunno if its just me but the typical archer group is always stationary because they rely on the sheer volley of arrows.

and the NO part:
never exactly saw a certain mod for real, but in my case, its just tacticool... I can understand that big ass NVS that was shown on an M16 and M82, but really...probably affects mobility... something that Reki has but doesnt use

M14 because I want to speculate just how she can turn this gun into a deadly assassin
Maybe it depends on the type of a bow the archer use for mobility.

And perhaps worsen the accuracy if not on stationary?

Well, such battle rifle could fulfill the role of a DMR.
Old 2011-06-05, 07:27   Link #1208
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
The Irokane stops the growth of the user. Look at Sherlock his age is over 100+ but his looks are around 20 but when he shoot the scarlet irokane to Aria he suddenly grew old.

Shirayuki and Jeanne.... aren't confirmed irokane users. Though I'm sure that an irokane needs to be stuck inside the body of the user for more than 3 years for it to take effect. I'm not sure on if you still need it inside of your body do use it. I'm also a bit confused on the matter but for now. Jeanne and Shirayuki aren't confirmed bound by irokane but they are confirmed witch. So I think there are boundaries from natural born users and ability users born by irokane. The hotogi miko had long history of battle maiden and confirmed clan that knows and take cares of irokane. Just like Jeanne too. A 30 line of witch and tactician. Both are confirmed from the lineage that they are ability users for ages. So maybe they are just natural and aren't needed to be embedded by irokane to be ability users. Because if you think about how small numbers are the irokane around the world. It can't be that the whole hotogi clan had irokane embedded inside them because they are just to many practitioners in it. It's a clan of ability users or at least the sisters can be said ability users though I'm not sure if the abilities of a miko is connected to irokane. But for now just think of those 2 girls are natural users unlike Riko, Aria and Reki.
Old 2011-06-05, 07:50   Link #1209
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

I do not understand. Could you explain more about Irokane?
Old 2011-06-05, 08:11   Link #1210
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
I don't think Riko is under developed. And... why Jeanne is too healthy?

Maybe it depends on the type of a bow the archer use for mobility.

And perhaps worsen the accuracy if not on stationary?

Well, such battle rifle could fulfill the role of a DMR.
lawl...

Riko IS developed... in a part where Aria cant beat but Shirayuki did.

the Mongol Bow was a small yet very accurate bow. its shortened enough to be carried horseback into a skirmish that involved mid-range combat such as throwing items and can never fail. bad side is that it doesnt have that range that the standard archer can do.

the standard archer bow (in this case, a typical longbow) was the sniper rifle of the old days when carried by a single huntsman and an MLAS when a group has it. problem is that you need to be even more skilled to ride while shooting a bow that nearly has the same height as yourself that can be a hindrance.

a small thing that my uncle picked up when he was teaching world history and warfare tactics (was referring to Japan at first, but it affects all in the ancient battleground):
"when fighting in an open area, the greatest enemy you face is not the opponent holding the sword, it is the enemy that holds the bow."

@Tsunade: I thought Shirayuki (dat H-----)'s katana is Irokane by itself.
Old 2011-06-05, 09:59   Link #1211
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Shoot a target in over 2km with a low-caliber sniper rifle or a DMR seems... impractically extraordinary, atypical in real-life situation.

Comparing 7.62x51mm with 7.62x54mmR, how can you say the difference between these two? Since the NATO-made rimless 7.62mm can be different compare to the over 100 years old Russian-made rimmed 7.62mm in terms of ballistics performances.

By the way, who's Zohan?

Sounds... remarkable for you, I say. However, I do saw other country uses scope on a GPMG and even heavy machine gun, particularly Russia. Use scope and night vision scope on them in the field in some occasion. Though like you said, it seems impractical to equip a scope on a GPMG. By the way, how about use a night vision scope on FN MAG?

Besides, any info about Hamaki?
Yes, that has been done for night shooting. Tracers plus NVG at night = pretty lightshow. AKA playing Star Wars....but that's just for the purpose of better viewing. It isn't actually done in operations for an MG AFAIK.

For now, Haimaki is just the last of his kind which Reki captured and is downright loyal to her.
Old 2011-06-05, 10:01   Link #1212
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Yup. Simo Hayha was mentioned in vol 7 too BTW....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The Irokane stops the growth of the user. Look at Sherlock his age is over 100+ but his looks are around 20 but when he shoot the scarlet irokane to Aria he suddenly grew old.

Shirayuki and Jeanne.... aren't confirmed irokane users. Though I'm sure that an irokane needs to be stuck inside the body of the user for more than 3 years for it to take effect. I'm not sure on if you still need it inside of your body do use it. I'm also a bit confused on the matter but for now. Jeanne and Shirayuki aren't confirmed bound by irokane but they are confirmed witch. So I think there are boundaries from natural born users and ability users born by irokane. The hotogi miko had long history of battle maiden and confirmed clan that knows and take cares of irokane. Just like Jeanne too. A 30 line of witch and tactician. Both are confirmed from the lineage that they are ability users for ages. So maybe they are just natural and aren't needed to be embedded by irokane to be ability users. Because if you think about how small numbers are the irokane around the world. It can't be that the whole hotogi clan had irokane embedded inside them because they are just to many practitioners in it. It's a clan of ability users or at least the sisters can be said ability users though I'm not sure if the abilities of a miko is connected to irokane. But for now just think of those 2 girls are natural users unlike Riko, Aria and Reki.
Reki has no Irokane inside her...Hotogi in general are natural magic users. Irokane is simply a metal that boosts or generates magic. Sort of like plutonium and radiation... Whether Durandal is Irokane is unknown but it is likely Shirayuki's katana is. It even has Irokane in the name. Riko also does not have Irokane in her body. Merely that her mother's cross is made of Irokane.

Quote:
or too healthy (Shirayuki and Jeanne).
Wat....

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-06-05 at 10:36.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 10:21   Link #1213
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yup. Simo Hayha was mentioned in vol 7 too BTW....

Reki has no Irokane inside her...

Wat....
read that part.

a hero sniper appears! now we need to add another hero archer, Robin Hood!

btw no indications of the Tohyama lineage even a branch family was noted, right? for all we know Kinji imouto might belong to the branch that suceeded the Tohyama name...

also in the lawl factor... if Reki and teh 47 girls have ties to Yoshitsune, its also possible for Kinji to be related to her, that is we trace back Tohyama Kagemoto's lineage that descended from the Minamoto clan
Old 2011-06-05, 10:27   Link #1214
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
read that part.

a hero sniper appears! now we need to add another hero archer, Robin Hood!

btw no indications of the Tohyama lineage even a branch family was noted, right? for all we know Kinji imouto might belong to the branch that suceeded the Tohyama name...

also in the lawl factor... if Reki and teh 47 girls have ties to Yoshitsune, its also possible for Kinji to be related to her, that is we trace back Tohyama Kagemoto's lineage that descended from the Minamoto clan
I haven't read vol 9 yet but that G-Bloodlines thing sounds like some deranged scientist's mad plan to clone Kinji and co....
Old 2011-06-05, 10:55   Link #1215
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Reki has no Irokane inside her...Hotogi in general are natural magic users. Irokane is simply a metal that boosts or generates magic. Sort of like plutonium and radiation... Whether Durandal is Irokane is unknown but it is likely Shirayuki's katana is. It even has Irokane in the name. Riko also does not have Irokane in her body. Merely that her mother's cross is made of Irokane.
I'm not sure on the details but reki should have a green accessory right?

blue cross of Riko was inside the mouth of Riko for 3 years before she can use her ability.

not sure on Shirayuki's katana because it's not been confirmed but maybe so. It has the name in it. But it's sure a big irokane if it's a irokane. Or maybe the hilt or guard but not the blade.
Old 2011-06-05, 12:04   Link #1216
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I'm not sure on the details but reki should have a green accessory right?

blue cross of Riko was inside the mouth of Riko for 3 years before she can use her ability.

not sure on Shirayuki's katana because it's not been confirmed but maybe so. It has the name in it. But it's sure a big irokane if it's a irokane. Or maybe the hilt or guard but not the blade.
Reki's Irokane is azure. Not green. Kazayuki conducted inspection of her and found nothing. She got that way through being in close proximity with naturally occuring Irokane in her homeland. Not through any artifact on her person.
Old 2011-06-05, 12:10   Link #1217
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Did Simo Hayha really dye his collar blue, or did the author just throw that it?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 12:23   Link #1218
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Did Simo Hayha really dye his collar blue, or did the author just throw that it?
Never heard of it. Not too sure. More importantly....Yoshitsune is pronounced Gengiz Khan in Mongol? O____o
Old 2011-06-05, 12:36   Link #1219
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What? Didn't they just say Reki's descended from both?

(And what the protocol in that case? Is she Genghis the 40th, or Yoshitsune the 45th?)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 13:04   Link #1220
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What? Didn't they just say Reki's descended from both?

(And what the protocol in that case? Is she Genghis the 40th, or Yoshitsune the 45th?)
She is. It also says that Yoshitsune in Mongol is similar to Chingiz Khan's name.

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen