Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2008-11-05, 04:14   Link #1
Isariru
Arg, Inspire me

Default subtitle track for multiple tracks

Hey guys, here is my issue,

I'm watching an anime series with CCCP (Haali+Media player classic) and there are two options for subtitles as shown here:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...ddias/Subs.jpg

But in the options menu I don't know what to put for priorities to get the second subtitle track to play by default:

[http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...dias/Subs2.jpg

Anyways this is my problem: I googled everything I possibly knew, maybe I'm not using the correct search terms, but I have no idea how to get the subtitle track to use the second english subtitle track by default, it always uses the first one, its driving me insane. It doesn't really trouble me too much to click that subtitle track every episode, but I can't rest until I figure this out.. lol.
Old 2008-11-05, 09:05   Link #2
emptyeighty

Try it this way.
Old 2008-11-05, 10:19   Link #3
Rahan

It's not possible.
As stated in Emptyeighty's link :

Quote:
NOTE: Some encodes have two or more tracks with the same language code. Sometimes common in english files is to have two English subtitle tracks: one for English audio and one for Japanese audio - usually the one intended for use with the English audio only has translations of onscreen titles and signs, also sometimes one set of subs is style while the other is not. You will only be able to prioritize the first English sub track listed in this example, and not the second. In these cases you will have to manually choose the secondary subtitle track yourself. You could also remux the files yourself to fix the problem permanently.
Old 2008-11-05, 11:35   Link #4
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Correct. Haali's splitter only supports autoselection of tracks based on track language tags, not track numbers.

If you want to solve this problem either use a player that can do track numbers (mplayer -sid X) or remux the file with mkvmerge and change the default track flag.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read