AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 40 34.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 24.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 25.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 11.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-20, 20:52   Link #21
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep12:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-20, 21:36   Link #22
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Sooo... judging by people's reactions to this episode, something is actually going to be happening in the near future? If we're lucky, we'll see more of this kind of thing in the future. Hopefully they will find a way to stall the current action so that we can see more school life. This season would feel uncomfortably different otherwise. I can't wait for this confrontation. Well, my fingers are crossed that Pheles will just leave peacefully.

Last edited by Grimkill7; 2007-12-20 at 21:48.
Old 2007-12-20, 21:37   Link #23
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Hopefully they will find a way to stall the current action so that we can see more school life. This season would feel uncomfortably different otherwise.
they already did: there'll be nothing but re-runs of episode 12 in the Shana slot for the next 2 weeks.
Old 2007-12-20, 22:41   Link #24
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Wish they had an OVA or something before continuing with Episode 13.
Old 2007-12-21, 00:24   Link #25
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
Wish they had an OVA or something before continuing with Episode 13.
not their fault, so can't be done. see http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...4&postcount=12
Old 2007-12-21, 00:27   Link #26
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

^^ Wtf? Where do they get off having families to go home to! I need ma Shana fix!!
Old 2007-12-21, 00:34   Link #27
Machina

So, I did some "subs" for one of the scenes...In case you want to see, click the tag!
Spoiler for Spoiler for false subs:
Old 2007-12-21, 00:40   Link #28
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
not their fault, so can't be done. see http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...4&postcount=12
You know, you could have just added my quote...
Old 2007-12-21, 00:47   Link #29
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machina View Post
So, I did some "subs" for one of the scenes...In case you want to see, click the tag!
Spoiler for Spoiler for false subs:
I liked those. A cookie for you
Old 2007-12-21, 02:28   Link #30
limyuhui

????????

have shakugan no shana second 12 come out in the raw or the SUB ?
Old 2007-12-21, 02:46   Link #31
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by limyuhui View Post
have shakugan no shana second 12 come out in the raw or the SUB ?
Only RAW... no sub yet. I can't wait after seeing the reaction in this episode... >.<

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2007-12-21, 02:54   Link #32
limyuhui

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Only RAW... no sub yet. I can't wait after seeing the reaction in this episode... >.<
ok thx do u know likely when the sub is coming out ? it will be today rite cause Shakugan No Shana Second is the first time i wait for any ep to come out cause shana is recently watch the is like monday dent i watch i keep watching till thursday and wait till now
Old 2007-12-21, 02:56   Link #33
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
ok thx do u know likely when the sub is coming out ? it will be today rite cause Shakugan No Shana Second is the first time i wait for any ep to come out cause shana is recently watch the is like monday dent i watch i keep watching till thursday and wait till now
Depends on which sub group you're depending on. If it's SS-Eclipse, I wouldn't count on it being released until probably Monday.
Old 2007-12-21, 03:26   Link #34
limyuhui

again

the fastest sub group is ? and y shana does not look like naruto and bleach they sub it to fast like around 5hr to 6hr ?
Old 2007-12-21, 04:19   Link #35
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
the fastest sub group is ? and y shana does not look like naruto and bleach they sub it to fast like around 5hr to 6hr ?
You must be pretty new to the anime world. Let me give you some tips on fansubs.

As talented and time-available as they are, Dattebayo is probably the most arrogant sub group that I have ever seen. They have ridiculous ethics, such as "show up at this time on this day and work on the episode" etc. or else you're out of the sub group. And as such, they only sub the popular ones, Naruto and Bleach. And when an episode isn't shown, instead of nicely telling their loyal downloaders "we're sorry, there will be no episode this week", they just troll their own website with some ridiculous demands and ban the weaklings who fall for it.

As far as I know, Dattebayo is the fastest subbing group in the history of sub groups, and they don't check quality (as far as I know). They are only concerned about speed and getting it done as quickly as possible, going over the translated subs about once for quality.

Not all fansubbers do that. There are fansub groups who emphasize quality over speed, and as such, there are fans who prefer quality over speed. A quality fansub generally takes longer than a speed fansub, usually taking a week if not longer to subtitle an episode. They usually go over the script three or four times to make sure they get everything right, and then when they feel that the episode is in perfect condition, they release the episode. Eclipse is a good example of this. Their fansubs are probably the best in terms of quality, but they generally take a while to do so.

Usually, when speed is an issue, they team up with another fansub group. An example of this is Eclipse creating a joint project with Static Subs, another quality fansubbing group. They not only work fast, but they also try to make their subtitles look nice, sometimes going as far as changing the colors of the text to fit specific characters, as well as making sure that the translations are perfect in terms of typesetting, timing, and the like. It is a huge handle.

Let me put it this way. Not everybody is as talented as the Dattebayo group, but some episodes subbed by various groups are much better then the ones Dattebayo presents.

So to answer your question, Dattebayo is technically the fastest sub group I can think of, but they only do Naruto and Bleach. You'll have to look around for other groups, and don't ask them to do it faster. Unlike the Dattebayo staff, those fansubbers actually have lives to live.
Old 2007-12-21, 06:01   Link #36
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

^I definitely agree that SS-Eclipse (by far my most favorite joint group) delivers high quality, although for quite a few times, there are typos somewhere in the episode. Fortunately, since it's a softsub release (the H264 one, at least), the sub is editable so there's no major concern (not like typo is a big issue anyway, though). Sadly, I don't know how to do that. ;_;

@limyuhui
Since there's no speed sub for SnS2, your best bet is to wait...

SS-Eclipse would have release Shana faster have they not gotten their hands full with other projects (but Clannad TV and Hayate no Gotoku both are my favorite animes so no grief).

Well errr... it has been all off-topic, let's get back to episode 12 discussion. (*didn't watch episode 12*) Well err... it was interesting?... (*here's hoping the admin will let it slide*)

But seriously... they should have picked the story up much earlier... Also, since it's nearly Christmas now, I wonder when Ike will do his confession.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2007-12-21, 06:24   Link #37
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Well errr... it has been all off-topic, let's get back to episode 12 discussion. (*didn't watch episode 12*) Well err... it was interesting?... (*here's hoping the admin will let it slide*)

But seriously... they should have picked the story up much earlier... Also, since it's nearly Christmas now, I wonder when Ike will do his confession.
You're telling us. J.C. Staff should have started this in July. Delay ZnT II for a bit, and both come out winners. Shana's story ends in Christmas, and it would have been Christmas when we got there.
Old 2007-12-21, 07:37   Link #38
meh

Can someone explain a bit more detailed just what this two-week break is about? I'm assuming the break has to do with Christmas/New Year. But that seems like a weird thing to do, since people watch more TV during the holidays, right?

Thankfully I'm already spoiled with the story. Because otherwise, this break would probably drive me nuts. They should've had one during an earlier school-life episode, when a two-week gap wouldn't be noticeable.
Old 2007-12-21, 09:59   Link #39
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
This has got to be one of the best SnS stills...ever. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it.

My only problem with this episode was that once Shana decided to confess again, you just KNOW that something is going to go wrong. Killed the surprise a little bit, but otherwise, the SnS that we all know and love is back!

Quote:
Trust me, you don't want to see speed subbed work. Without a few quality checks, the subs will be wrong. Taking lines out of context and twisting the meaning is a certainty with just a typed up script. Not to mention, Japanese to English isn't easy to begin with. So either learn Japanese, wait 2 days for high-quality subs, or wait months and buy the DVD.
Old 2007-12-21, 11:00   Link #40
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
This has got to be one of the best SnS stills...ever. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it.

My only problem with this episode was that once Shana decided to confess again, you just KNOW that something is going to go wrong. Killed the surprise a little bit, but otherwise, the SnS that we all know and love is back!
Well, that's really a problem with the series as a whole: it's all about Shana and Yuji getting close and then a setback destroying all that hard work.

Maybe she'll confess after the fight, since the cause of the confession wasn't imminent death like the previous one. >_> (actually...did anyone else find that confession kinda funny? I couldn't help thinking the reason she shouted into the microphone was so Yuji would definitely be able to hear her this time.)
Closed Thread