AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 11 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 32.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 24.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.99%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 15.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-26, 16:15   Link #161
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
And goddammit, what is up with these shake-your-booty-left-and-right-hands-like-bunny-ears avatars? I see Shana, Yuki, Kirino, Miyako... I see those things everywhere! Might as well make a Nagi AMV with Shana and Louise singing "WWW.BLONDEGIRL".

EDIT: Why didn't I just say hip-dancing?
If you want a Shana one, I already took it. I'm one of the early convert

But I think there are more Shana ones, see Riker (the one who starts CaramellDansen craze in this forum)'s thread here.

Back on topic, after this episode, I suppose all hopes are gone that Ike will ever confess to Kazumi in this season since it's the 18th episode already and so far there's no sign of him doing it any time soon. But seeing the title of episode 22, there may be a chance after all...

I'm a little surprise that the discussion in this episode thread is even more "lively" than the latest one...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-02-26, 16:45   Link #162
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
I'm a little surprise that the discussion in this episode thread is even more "lively" than the latest one...
Well, Eclipse hasn't released subs for 19 yet, so what else do we have to do besides hang out in here?
Old 2008-02-26, 17:00   Link #163
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Well, Eclipse hasn't released subs for 19 yet, so what else do we have to do besides hang out in here?
That's where the "little" comes from, otherwise I would be considerably more surprise, although not much either.

But it seems like Yuji kicks ass in episode 19, I'm personally really looking forward to it.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-02-26, 17:46   Link #164
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Aaaaaand, subs are out, so I'm removing my subscription with this thread.
Old 2008-02-26, 20:28   Link #165
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
And goddammit, what is up with these shake-your-booty-left-and-right-hands-like-bunny-ears avatars? I see Shana, Yuki, Kirino, Miyako... I see those things everywhere! Might as well make a Nagi AMV with Shana and Louise singing "WWW.BLONDEGIRL".

EDIT: Why didn't I just say hip-dancing?
I've wanted to ask this exact same question too for a long time.
Old 2008-02-27, 13:26   Link #166
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
If you want a Shana one, I already took it. I'm one of the early convert

But I think there are more Shana ones, see Riker (the one who starts CaramellDansen craze in this forum)'s thread here.
See, I know Shana's cute when she does it, but she's one of the last few people I would expect actually doing it. And I see others that I really didn't expect either.
Old 2008-02-27, 19:26   Link #167
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
See, I know Shana's cute when she does it, but she's one of the last few people I would expect actually doing it. And I see others that I really didn't expect either.
How about Wilhelmina? That would be cute.

They should do an Alastor one too
Old 2008-02-27, 19:38   Link #168
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
How about Wilhelmina? That would be cute.

They should do an Alastor one too
My list of "last few people" is fairly large, actually. They just make up a small population compared to everyone else in the anime world.
Old 2008-02-29, 00:07   Link #169
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I just saw this episode, and I thought it was exceptionally well animated. The dialogue was executed well, and the ending was cool. I enjoyed it. 10/10
Old 2008-02-29, 17:56   Link #170
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I really liked this ep, the dialogue and camera styles were well executed and conveyed the emotions each character is feeling well.

I particularly liked the directions in which the two main characters, Yuji and Shana are heading. It's interesting to witness the growing dichotomy in attitude between the two characters as we see Yuji become less human (Wanting to get stronger, preparing to leave his mother alone ect) while we see Shana become more human (worrying about Chigusa, blushing when she gets complimented and overall behaving like a normal girl).

The change in character between the two are a stark contrast to how they behaved in S1 where the situation was reversed. Great ep and great character development.
Old 2008-03-06, 10:14   Link #171
alvinkhorfire

I am sorry if this question has been answered before. If so, please give me the link to the post.

Wilhemina said that since Yuji have large power of existence, he can become a spellcaster. What is the quality that you must have to be a spellcaster? Since Shana and Wilhemina also have large power of existence (after all, they are Flame Hazes anyway), why can't they become spellcaster? Please clarify on this.
Old 2009-10-01, 12:53   Link #172
OkamiNoKaze

Interesting episode, The 2nd opening, is growing on me abit, especially the beat and music not so much the singing, I almost thing they should have used this for the first op, and Joint for the second. though keep the animation the same for both.
Old 2009-10-10, 01:39   Link #173
Genstone
Eye in Sky

Can someone shed some light on this?

I don't understand why Kazumi and Shana are so pissed at the end of this episode. Why does Yuji's apology make Kazumi angry? Why does Shana say Yuji is lying?
What's wrong with saying those things?!

I just don't get the drama.

EDIT:
Gosh I couldn't believe I just missed the last 2 pages of this thread (pg. 7 and 8). Those 2 pages (or maybe even more pages back) contain some good comments people made last year.

Well, after reading those, I sort of have an idea of what happens in episode 18. But I also have my own opinions about what each of the 3 characters should have done.

Yuji's problem is complex. He deserves much more empathy from the people around him, especially Shana and Kazumi. He also deserves support and wise advice, NOT criticism. Because criticizing someone who is confused without telling him WHY he (is thought to be) wrong is useless and pointless; it wouldn't change a thing, and would only add to the confusion. Shana and Kazumi shouldn't criticize, but understand, and advise.
However, that doesn't mean Yuji is totally correct. Yuji's thinking isn't really wrong, but he has committed a mistake: he talks too much. If you were in his situation, you shouldn't speak about your feelings towards the situation too much. Why? Because no matter what you're thinking, people might misunderstand it. And it's a lot better for Shana and Kazumi to wonder about what Yuji is thinking than to have them both misunderstand him.

Shana is being too cold here. All 3 people, including Yuji I suppose, know that Yuji is lying to himself. But there must be a cause for it, and the cause is the predicament he is in. As I said, Shana's harsh words are useless. They wouldn't wake Yuji up. If she would just tell him what she thinks he should do, then things would be a lot better. (Then again, for the sake of the drama factor, I guess the scriptwriter would write it this way as we have seen in this episode.)

Kazumi is not making herself clear. She knows that Yuji and Shana are going to be together. She knows she is fighting at the losing end of the love battle. But since Yuji hasn't "officially" chosen between Shana and herself, she thinks she might still have a chance. So she fights for him. That's completely fine. But, not making clear of herself isn't. Come on, in real-life, if we have to verbally reject someone's love, we would say "sorry", right? At least that's one of the common options. No matter Yuji says "sorry" because of what, Kazumi is overreacting. It's just that simple. I don't see any big deal with Yuji's not-definite answer, because there is no rule that states he has to say "no, I don't have feelings for you" to Kazumi. She is just overreacting. That's all. If she wants Yuji to answer her feelings clearly, say so. Else, don't blame the other person.

Actually, the drama in this part of this episode is pretty fictional. Come to think of it, we don't behave like this in real-life. Something in this drama just doesn't match the way we are in reality. This is what I call "fictional logic". Just like slapstick comedy and those weird behaviours expressed by girls in loli anime and manga, drama like this is just for entertainment. They don't exist in reality.

Lol I've just finished watching this show so I have lots of thoughts going through me.

Last edited by Genstone; 2009-10-10 at 08:02.
Closed Thread