AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black II OAD - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 15 34.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 23.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 23.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 11.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-05, 00:11   Link #21
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

I haven't watched DtB in a long time until now, so I'm confused at whether or not Amagiri is dead/alive as well. I thought he was alive. Izanami used contractors' own powers to kill them, or she made them kill themselves, right? Being that Amagiri's power was pretty much force pushing iirc, and he isn't in a crater, I don't think Izanami got to him, but people say otherwise. :/

Maybe Kanon just said the wrong thing and now has me confused and unable to sleep from thinking too much.

Last edited by Kagedanji; 2010-06-05 at 00:23.
Old 2010-06-05, 00:46   Link #22
444yum
A person

For some odd reason, I have a feeling that the baby is going to become something important in the future...
Old 2010-06-05, 09:08   Link #23
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

A thought just occured to me: Didn't Hei see the dog contractor in the first episode after killing those three goons, right at the start? Why didn't he recognise him now when he talked to the Illusion guy the first time? You'd think he'd look twice at animals now after spending so much time with Mao.
Old 2010-06-05, 12:38   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
I haven't watched DtB in a long time until now, so I'm confused at whether or not Amagiri is dead/alive as well. I thought he was alive. Izanami used contractors' own powers to kill them, or she made them kill themselves, right? Being that Amagiri's power was pretty much force pushing iirc, and he isn't in a crater, I don't think Izanami got to him, but people say otherwise. :/

Maybe Kanon just said the wrong thing and now has me confused and unable to sleep from thinking too much.
Don't blame me!

I'm pretty sure Amagiri is dead, and I'm not the only one thinking this. As for how Izanami killed them, I guess she used that "pulling the soul out of the body" trick we've seen in the last episode of Ryuusei no Gemini. I doubt we'll ever get an answer anyway.
Old 2010-06-05, 12:55   Link #25
Kagedanji

And also, on the subject of the contractor-baby (that wasn't really a contractor, but eh), I can't imagine how a contractor would propose sex. ...Assuming that conception between goatee glasses contractor and busty pink shirt contractor happened after they became contractors.
Old 2010-06-06, 03:40   Link #26
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

He didn't look dead. I think he went to look for Hei when he found out about the hit, missed the fight, found the casualties, and then ran back only to find more bodies and the baby.

He seemed to be crying, his tears mixed with rain drops. His village was wiped out. Amagiri had nothing left. All he had worked for was gone, the sanctuary was destroyed. The future he wanted was gone. The sight of the baby seemed to put him in a catatonic state.

I wonder if he tried to shield the mother and baby and that's why Yin stopped. May have spared him for being selfless. This would make him a selfless contractor, an anomaly. He wasn't being "rational." He's evolving.

Claude mentions that since the contractors were living in peace and security, they came to the rational conclusion that they should reproduce. They had the means, resources, time, and safety to start a family. So they did so.

The baby could become an important character given his origins. Claude mentions he doesn't have any powers but that doesn't really matter 'cause powers don't manifest at birth, usually. The only that did manifest them at birth or at a very young age was Shion, I think. In season 2, I think they make that point about him.

Last edited by mechalord; 2010-06-06 at 03:54.
Old 2010-06-06, 04:49   Link #27
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
And also, on the subject of the contractor-baby (that wasn't really a contractor, but eh), I can't imagine how a contractor would propose sex. ...Assuming that conception between goatee glasses contractor and busty pink shirt contractor happened after they became contractors.
It would have to be the most ridiculously sombre romance ever.
Old 2010-06-06, 20:55   Link #28
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

I must say, this was pretty bad. I gave it an average score (6/10). Most of it was just talking, bring out the action please. We already knew half the crap they said, pretty bland episode if you ask me.
Old 2010-06-10, 17:35   Link #29
Sakabatou77

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It would have to be the most ridiculously sombre romance ever.
So what you're saying, Amber's love to Hei was ridiculous.
Old 2010-06-10, 18:23   Link #30
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakabatou77 View Post
Well, contractors are normally so logical about everything that coming up with a good reason to have sex/have a baby must be pretty tough.
Old 2010-06-10, 21:05   Link #31
Kagedanji

The logical reason was to reproduce and have future generations of contractors live and survive in the shelter. The ridiculous part is how the one contractor would go to the other contractor and suddenly say,

"I am now fully prepared for sexual intercourse."

*Blank-faced sex scene*
Old 2010-06-10, 21:05   Link #32
Sakabatou77

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Well, contractors are normally so logical about everything that coming up with a good reason to have sex/have a baby must be pretty tough.
Yeah, true, but I feel as though they're evolving more and letting their emotions play out.
Old 2010-06-11, 02:55   Link #33
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakabatou77 View Post
Ironically, it was the contractor that had the most personality in that relationship. XD
Old 2010-06-11, 20:45   Link #34
Sakabatou77

Wink

Quote:

I've been trying to think of how to explain this, and I found a good way.

Yes, Amagiri died. He fought so hard at the end of his life he tried to continue fighting in death. That's why he didn't fall.

A lot of animes do this. I've seen it in a couple of games I've play. At first I thought the character merely passed out, but when I kept on playing it over and over, I realized he had died.

They say that this can happen in real life due to rigor, but don't quote me on that since I myself don't believe until I see it. I won't deny it could happen either.

I'm a weird fellow, aren't I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak
Ironically, it was the contractor that had the most personality in that relationship. XD
Lol. True.
Old 2010-06-18, 12:31   Link #35
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

ya, wei, amber, etc had way more emotions and personality than 'human' Hei
Old 2010-06-22, 15:38   Link #36
PiggyBank
sneaky & suspicious

Quote:

*Blank-faced sex scene*
Haha that cracked me up...

But I don't think there would be any blank faces. The fact that contractors don't act upon emotions doesn't mean they are completely emotionless, right? I'm sure that once they decided (for logical reasons) to make a baby, they would have a lot of fun making it
Old 2010-06-22, 16:56   Link #37
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggyBank View Post
Haha that cracked me up...

But I don't think there would be any blank faces. The fact that contractors don't act upon emotions doesn't mean they are completely emotionless, right? I'm sure that once they decided (for logical reasons) to make a baby, they would have a lot of fun making it
I am pretty sure that no contractor would see a baby as being logical. Babies are made from emotions, which they don't have. In a contractor's perspective, it would just be a nuisance to their survival
Old 2010-06-22, 17:57   Link #38
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Wait.. Hei was Human Then!? - Mind Blown.
Old 2010-07-03, 19:17   Link #39
Tarantula Lady

There's a preview on the 4th OVA on the Bones website. No English translation, of course, and I don't know Japanese, but there are some pretty clear hints about what happens. Also, the action sequences look really great.
Old 2010-07-04, 18:11   Link #40
SwiftMarcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula Lady View Post
There's a preview on the 4th OVA on the Bones website. No English translation, of course, and I don't know Japanese, but there are some pretty clear hints about what happens. Also, the action sequences look really great.
Yeah I saw that as well.It does look really good.
Closed Thread