AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-28, 07:01   Link #21
Homura7

I smell epic doujins now Nami's new look has been shown.
Old 2010-09-28, 07:16   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't like Robin's new look
She was already perfect as she was before. Besides, she's had the same haircut for over 20 years, why change now? I hope her hair is just like that because of the sunglasses and she'll get back to her older look.

Not a big fan of Nami and Franky's hair (or lack thereof in his case) either. The other Strawhats look awesome though, especially Usopp and Sanji. As for Zoro, his arm is just behind his back, you can see his elbow is bent (his sleeve would be hanging if he had lost his arm).
Old 2010-09-28, 07:44   Link #23
0rphen21
^.^

Nami's new look well its not that bad but compared to Robin(*drools* a close up would be nice) i think she got the better end of the stick overall it depends on the person if you like it or not

also about Zorro losing an arm that would suck i really liked his three sword style but at least its still not confirmed
Old 2010-09-28, 08:06   Link #24
jersjay

All hell will break loose if/when Boa finds out that Nami-swan and Robin-chan are part of Luffy's crew... despite the fact that Luffy will be completely oblivious to the fact that Nami's gotten hotter.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-09-28, 08:08   Link #25
John D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Zoro has appeared to lose an eye and an arm.
I don't think Zoro has lost the eye, but rather only has a scar over it. But what is the deal with Zoro and the supposedly lost arm? ^His left arm is covered by his shirt and Luffy's legs in the picture we have...

That being said, I like the new looks of the crew, nothing too drastic but still they still have noticeable changes (I especially like Sanji's awesome looks, and Franky is badass, what with looking like a Pacifista v2.
But what caught my attention is that Robin looks awfully similar to Hancock now;
Spoiler:
Old 2010-09-28, 08:10   Link #26
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

Here's a larger version of the picture.

Spoiler for Larger picture.:
Old 2010-09-28, 08:42   Link #27
noktown

Zoro might have lost his eye(unless he's closed it on purpose),but i think Zoro's arm is just fine,it's covered with Luffy's legg.

I'd loose all respect to Mihawk,if he couldn't go easy and actually cut off his arm(I can't seem to imagine anyone/anything else doing it).
Old 2010-09-28, 08:43   Link #28
maxikki

i wonder how will the WG react when they see the new SH crew? specially Tashigi(smoker's subordinate), if zoro really lost his arm then she might wonder what happened to him.
Old 2010-09-28, 08:49   Link #29
ZeroForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
I don't think Zoro has lost the eye, but rather only has a scar over it. But what is the deal with Zoro and the supposedly lost arm? ^His left arm is covered by his shirt and Luffy's legs in the picture we have...
mainly because the sleeve looks empty/collapsed right after where the bandanna is wrapped, usually that indicates it's empty.
Old 2010-09-28, 08:52   Link #30
jersjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
mainly because the sleeve looks empty/collapsed right after where the bandanna is wrapped, usually that indicates it's empty.
Also, his shoulder isn't as wide as the one with the arm.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2010-09-28, 08:54   Link #31
james0246

Should this be a separate thread? It's not really a discussion of the chapter as so much a discussion of the characters physical changes, so maybe we should make this a separate thread solely dedicated to the changes in appearance after 2 years?

Zoro losing an arm would be major...I'm not even sure how he would function with 2 sword after that (what with needing to put one in his mouth at the start of every fight)...still, it would have been more dramatic if he lost his right arm (unless there is some extra meaning to his left arm besides the bandana).

Sanji looks cool, as does Usopp and Brook. Luffy is...Luffy, no real change. And Nami, as I predicted, is simply larger in her key aspects. Robin and Franky are the strangest changes - both must be going through pseudo-mid-life crisis’s .
Old 2010-09-28, 08:57   Link #32
noktown

Is this true ?o_O
The Last Sea part :/ ?

Quote:
Verification: Confirmed
Source: AP Forums
Credits: Aohige

"Is this the grown-up Luffy!?" "Is the training over!?"
"The force coming from Luffy's eyes, isn't this the Color of Conquerer that Rayleigh showed!?"

As for the last note by Oda,

"Thanks to all, I was able to rest very well. Thank you for the great time I enjoyed.
My fuel tank is full now!! The New World Arc will be heading towards the end of the story of One Piece.
As I ponder about the new adventures, it's so exciting I feel like I'm starting a new serial!
Please Llook forward to the adventures in the last sea "New World"!

Jump 44 Cover of Jump & Front color pages.
24 pages for the start of the new arc.
Old 2010-09-28, 08:58   Link #33
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

zorro prob gonna end up looking like this lol

Old 2010-09-28, 09:09   Link #34
noktown

Btw someone on mangastream predicted,that it could be possible that Zoro's lost arm was replaced with a sword,that wouldn't be so bad ;o
Old 2010-09-28, 09:12   Link #35
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
The Last Sea part :/ ?
Yes?

Whats so surprising?

Thats not really even a spoiler tbh...
Old 2010-09-28, 09:18   Link #36
kakakka

Wonder what's the new function of Franky's new arm(s)

Also, for me, it's disappointing that (if?) Zoro lost an arm.
Old 2010-09-28, 09:20   Link #37
noktown

So surprising that a manga with so much potential to announce it's end before mangas like Bleach or Naruto.
Old 2010-09-28, 09:26   Link #38
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
So surprising that a manga with so much potential to announce it's end before mangas like Bleach or Naruto.
it's heading towards the end doesn't mean this is the last arc, every manga is heading towards an ending... shouldn't start bad rumors like this

didn't oda say that we are only at 1/2 of one piece? so 10 more yrs? lol
Old 2010-09-28, 09:27   Link #39
noktown

Yeah i know,but still sad,how long have they been sailing in the grand line(our time) ?
Old 2010-09-28, 09:34   Link #40
Paraden1989

yep, yep! One Piece is no way near over! plus Oda even said that he was still coming up with new adventures for the crew! In addition, there is so much story line plots that he has to conclude before he can end it in one big saga. look at all the aftermath after the Whitebeard War! The Supernova 11 are making a name for themselves. what about Blackbeard? also all of the plot lines about "D," the void century, and the story-lines with Gol D. Roger have to be explained! also Oda might bring back CP9 and Eneru! i think it would be cool if he brought back Shiki since he is a canon character.

The way I'm thinking off it is that the whole first part of the Grand Line Adventure started at chapter 100 and just now recently ended, so the New World Adventure might take just as long!
Closed Thread