AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-14, 08:59   Link #10221
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
The Hellcat is such an ridiculously amazing TD. I think I could work my way up to a WN7 of 2000 just by playing nothing but the Hellcat.

I'll do Hellcat platoons with RRW when I return to the game. Looking forward to platooning with the new MUP members as well.
now you realize how bad I am

been playing T49 and hellcat for 1000+ stil not blue

uguu T.T

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 09:44   Link #10222
Gravitas Free Zone

SerB: The Jayne Cobb of public relations.

KV-1S split rumors still rumoring.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 10:21   Link #10223
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
been playing T49 and hellcat for 1000+ stil not blue
Because you potato more than I do (which is a feat!), plus aside from your Batchat you rarely do high-tier games, which WN7 gives more weight to.

That said, not doing any better myself, and I will likely have to stop playing again for a while since I'm focusing again on my thesis proposal.

Old 2013-10-14, 10:25   Link #10224
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Because you potato more than I do (which is a feat!), plus aside from your Batchat you rarely do high-tier games, which WN7 gives more weight to.
funfact:

I haven't take my bat for pubbie match yet -_-

I just really take my training slow really. my plan so far is Tiger (for T7 toon) -> T-54 (since everyone have one + T9 Toon) -> 110 (T8 Toon since T34 doesn't really cut it) -> JP line

I might as well get E4 along the way

Old 2013-10-14, 10:56   Link #10225
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Well, while on the topic of stats one is ashamed of:

Man do I ever wish I could wipe away those first couple months playing this game and turn that last horrible red block green. Oh well, at least my 60 day is way better than I expected (I actually think it's lying because I sure don't feel I have played at a dark green level at any point). Once I finally clear that red out of there I can quit the game knowing I might have been at least slightly better than the worst player ever.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 10:58   Link #10226
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Onigiri for the Japanese crew. HAH!!

How utterly predictable.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 11:28   Link #10227
Gravitas Free Zone

Disappointed that it wasn't natto? Or sake?
Old 2013-10-14, 11:33   Link #10228
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Once I finally clear that red out of there I can quit the game knowing I might have been at least slightly better than the worst player ever.
P.S. Your record compared to your number of matches is actually a whole lot better than you think. Again, at barely past 1500 matches, you're STILL too early into your career to worry about stuff like this.

Fun fact, my stats at around 3000 games was a frightening color of yellow.
Old 2013-10-14, 11:47   Link #10229
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Disappointed that it wasn't natto? Or sake?
Not exactly, just utterly predictable. Then again, there wasn't much of a choice.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-10-14, 11:58   Link #10230
Gravitas Free Zone

Tee hee, had one of those games where the other team had a terrifying purple player in a T49 and they turned out to be incapable of hauling the other 14 people to victory.

Our group of 15 completely-random schlubs actually won by attrition defending El Halluf WEST SIDE while the other team's top tiers camped.

Unfortunately all I was able to do in my leFH18B2 was to make the other team paranoid by dropping shells very close to their tanks and occasionally breaking a track. Except for one blind kill on an SU-85B that started running away without changing direction.

And yes, I know that good players have bad games, but it is nice to get past the initial XVM "OH GOD WE ARE GOING TO DIE" conversation that starts a lot of games.
Old 2013-10-14, 12:56   Link #10231
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Again, at barely past 1500 matches, you're STILL too early into your career to worry about stuff like this.
Well, I dunno. My philosophy for all games (and pretty much just anything in general) is that it's never too early to try to improve. Though you're almost certainly right about the degree to which I am obsessing over it. The general culture in the game's official forums certainly doesn't help either. I really should stop reading those so much. If nothing else though, obsessing this early may have given me a smaller hole to dig out of.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 14:00   Link #10232
Gravitas Free Zone

I had a lot more of a relaxed time in games that did not have as much of a stats-obsessed metaculture as this one does.
Old 2013-10-14, 14:59   Link #10233
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Once I finally clear that red out of there I can quit the game knowing I might have been at least slightly better than the worst player ever.
Trust me, getting good at this game will not make quitting it any easier. Quite the contrary, actually.

At this point, this game feels like an investment that I must preserve. Losing feels worse than ever before because I know I have a bigger influence on the outcome of matches than I used to think.

It's easier now for me to pinpoint the moments where I screwed up (or someone on my team screwed up). Learning from mistakes gradually makes me a better player, but it hurts when I know that I hold a good amount of responsibility for a loss.

Blaming my teammates isn't always justified; sure, there are those truly hopeless matches where I did a huge load of damage and performed greatly while the rest of my teammates couldn't do 1/3 of their own HP in damage, but there are many more matches where the skill difference in teams is more marginal. And it is in these marginal battles where skill, knowledge and experience have a great influence.

And because of this, triumphant wins are more satisfying than ever for me. Those uncommon battles where I do 4 times my HP in damage and almost single-handedly swing the tide of the battle around are addictive as hell. I don't just go into battle wanting to drive around and shoot tanks like I used to, but I go into battle wanting to win, and win well while meeting my self-made standard for damage caused per game. Just being a blue player isn't enough; I want to keep getting better until I'm purple.

So if you really are considering quitting this game, it's better the earlier you do it.

Images
some wise advice from /vg/'s WoT threads
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Tempester; 2013-10-14 at 15:13.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 17:08   Link #10234
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Onigiri for the Japanese crew. HAH!!

How utterly predictable.

- Tak
And the most effective consumable.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 17:20   Link #10235
Blaat

Had an incredibly crazy match today the end game consisted of:

Me (T-43), Drake (SU-152), a 59-16 and a M40/M43 vs ST-I, VK 45.02B, 2x SU-152 and a Lorraine 155. Out roled and ridiculously outtiered and yet we managed to win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I had a lot more of a relaxed time in games that did not have as much of a stats-obsessed metaculture as this one does.
Same here, I think started raging when I became aware of the 'importance' of stats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
True true. I've got something around maybe 50-odd matches in the T-28, with an win rating of I think 60%. Then again I did have the 57mm pengun unlocked and mounted from the start, since I'd unlocked it on the T-34 lol.
My all time high record after 50 games was 80% winrate on the T-25, it's now after 120 matches at 66% .
Old 2013-10-14, 17:25   Link #10236
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
And the most effective consumable.
EAT ME!

- Tak

Old 2013-10-14, 17:43   Link #10237
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Had an incredibly crazy match today the end game consisted of:

Me (T-43), Drake (SU-152), a 59-16 and a M40/M43 vs ST-I, VK 45.02B, 2x SU-152 and a Lorraine 155. Out roled and ridiculously outtiered and yet we managed to win.
Same here, I think started raging when I became aware of the 'importance' of stats.
My all time high record after 50 games was 80% winrate on the T-25, it's now after 120 matches at 66% .
It was tense for sure but I still think the game cheated me with that bounce off the Side of the ST-I =/

On a lighter note the T49 run on Port was a blast and so was our T-25 wolf pack, that KV-1S never stood a chance.

I'm down to about 64% on my T-25 after 180 games, it was 70% for quite a while but with the match making being pretty harsh the last month or so its steadily dropped...

Also bought back the T-34 again so I can make a start on the alternate medium line but it feels like its going to take an ice age to get there, adding to the fact that my original T-34 crew is it the T-34-85 doesn't help matters.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 20:03   Link #10238
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Another bad game for today *sighs* I feel it would be better to start over since the damaged I received is very much higher than one I caused by 100k points.

I think I should buy Matilda BP, TOG and Churchill(Russian) for transferring crews(and moving them to the same type of tank) and money. What do you think?
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 20:13   Link #10239
Gravitas Free Zone

Those premiums will make you money and allow you to train crews for your KV-1, Matilda, and GB Churchill. The Churchill III is not going to make as much money as an IS-6 would, but is also at a more comfortable tier.

The TOG might take some getting used to, though. I have a decent amount of heavy tank experience, but I haven't had enough time to come to grips with the TOG's... TOGishness.
Old 2013-10-14, 20:15   Link #10240
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post

Images
some wise advice from /vg/'s WoT threads
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Thanks for image. no I shall go back to suicidal depressed RRW

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks