AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-01, 14:37   Link #1
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

why is the show called bleach?.......some one was saying that it was cus of ichigo's hair color......
Quote:
Originally Posted by some dumbass
That's pretty much it, Ichigo's hair colour is a natural 'orange' that you get if you bleach black hair, he cops quite a bit of flack for it when he's younger, one other student, who has bleached his hair insists Ichigo goes back to hhis normal hair colour to avoid copying him, which fires ichigo up quite a lot.
i was like WTF when i read this.....if the last part is true im goin to have to watch the whole thing over for the 6th time......because i dont remember any of that....

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-02 at 02:32.
Old 2006-01-01, 20:18   Link #2
Souzouryoku
The Insomniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Souzouryoku
Quote:
why is the show called bleach?.......some one was saying that it was cus of ichigo's hair color......
Everyone asks this. No one is quite sure. It could be:

1) His Hair
or
2) Some theorize that Tite Kubo is a huge Nirvana fan...hence the name Bleach (I believe one of their albums was called Bleach in the past)

I think there was another possibility but I'm not sure.
Old 2006-01-01, 21:29   Link #3
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souzouryoku
Everyone asks this. No one is quite sure. It could be:

1) His Hair
or
2) Some theorize that Tite Kubo is a huge Nirvana fan...hence the name Bleach (I believe one of their albums was called Bleach in the past)

Maybe the possibility of Ichigo slowly being 'bleached' into a hollow? I mean, his hollow form is pretty pale...
Old 2006-01-02, 02:26   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
1) His Hair

This isn't just a guess. Kubo Tite said in an interview that he is a Nirvana fan.

Quote:
Other theories...

3) Kaien's soul was bleached by Rukia's zanpaktou to be reborn as Ichigo.

4) Rukia's clothes were bleached from black to white when Ichigo stole her power.

Then there is my favorite theory:

5) All of the above. He just took the name of the album, turned it into a theme and ran with it because he liked the word.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-02, 03:52   Link #5
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

This is like the umpteeth thread I've seen this question being asked. Mods should consider making a separate sticky for just this question alone.

To answer the originator's question:

Bleach can mean both Ichigo's bleached hair as well as the shinigami's job of "bleaching" the sins of the Hollows and sending them to Soul Society.
Old 2006-01-02, 04:32   Link #6
Grees
Ehhh

Maybe Kubo just used a random name generator on the net.
Or what i think happen was, he like Nirvana's, heard their album, and thought that Bleach would sound cool, compact, catchy for an anime show and since he cant think of anything better he use it, it has no theme and nothing to do with the show.

Last edited by Grees; 2006-01-02 at 17:05.
Old 2006-01-02, 04:33   Link #7
AoiMidori

i wondered why it was bleach lots of time..
but did ichigo really bleached his hair?? i don't remember watching or noticing it in the anime.. and i didn't read the manga..
Old 2006-01-02, 04:52   Link #8
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoiMidori
i wondered why it was bleach lots of time..
but did ichigo really bleached his hair?? i don't remember watching or noticing it in the anime.. and i didn't read the manga..
Don't think he bleached his hair, Ichigo said he was born that way, which explains why he gets picked on by bullies and teachers in the past, and why he toughened himself up into the young man he is prior to meeting Rukia.
Old 2006-01-02, 06:08   Link #9
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Isn't it enough to simply be curious?

It is unlikely to change anyone's life to know the answer to this question, but do you think that there is a good reason to avoid thinking about it?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-01-02, 06:10   Link #10
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Small One ,knowing why a show is named something is pretty important stuff...at the very least it's worth talking about...

Figuring out why may make you figure out other things too...My personal theory was that the spirits that exist inside the Zanpaktu (sword-slayers)...had thier souls Bleached to be able to exist within the swords...I don't know but all the sword-slayer creatures seem too evil-looking to lend their powers without their souls being bleached...Anyway my idea probably sucks ^^... oh well...

@NSW is the site lagging? It's been taking minutes for pages to load for me all day...Just wondering if it's me...
Old 2006-01-02, 07:14   Link #11
Ultimoo
M-Magic Words?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLcHaKeTeRo

i was like WTF when i read this.....if the last part is true im goin to have to watch the whole thing over for the 6th time......because i dont remember any of that....
ok just to answer your other question about ichigo almost getting into a fight with another guy over his hair, only happens in the manga, just before the chad/parakeet bit, but chad shows up then and well you can guess what happens to the other guy then.

oh and I thought the show was called bleach because of the whole subtle refrences everyone makes about his hair being bleached....guess not!
Old 2006-01-02, 08:38   Link #12
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimoo
ok just to answer your other question about ichigo almost getting into a fight with another guy over his hair, only happens in the manga, just before the chad/parakeet bit, but chad shows up then and well you can guess what happens to the other guy then.

oh and I thought the show was called bleach because of the whole subtle refrences everyone makes about his hair being bleached....guess not!

...i think that u read that wrong...that wasnt my opinion, to tell u the thruth i really dont have a theory.....but if the show is named after the Nirvana album that would be awesome.....im also a big fan of Nirvana....
Old 2006-01-02, 08:46   Link #13
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It's called Bleach because the manga is called Bleach.

Spoiler for manga spoiler:
Old 2006-01-02, 10:14   Link #14
real folk blues..

it'scalled bleach coz its called bleach.. we don't really care, the show's good and we're enjoying ourselves..isn't that what matters more?
and i think everything is just made up- kubo tite could just as well colour ichigo's hair purple, have his weapon be a purse and call the show tinky winky right?
all the hairdo, the whole ichigo hollow thing..yeah well.. we can make up all we want, but until KT confirms why so..we can only speculate, not entirely baseless..and some of the trivia is interesting. but that's all it will go down as- trivia~the question is t.r.i.v.i.a.l.
which means of little value or importance. so everything being debated here is ultimately utterly useless. if you want to over analyze, i suggest the gundam forums.
there was a similiar thread beforehand.. and things just kept going round and round in circles.
Old 2006-01-02, 14:57   Link #15
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
I think about it in another way: Is there a good reason to ask about it?
IMHO not. It's just a name. The main attribute of names is, that they usually don't have a special meaning.
Since when does people need a good reason to be curious? Haven´t you seen "Desperate Houseviwes?

I wouldn´t mind knowing why they named it Bleach. A small trivial thing that won´t change my life but it´s still fun to know.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2006-01-02, 15:06   Link #16
Ziv

Quote:
IMHO not. It's just a name. The main attribute of names is, that they usually don't have a special meaning.
The titles of most artworks do have special meanings, be they insignificant or not. Most people are just too nonchalant to care.
Old 2006-01-02, 16:25   Link #17
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Other theories...

3) Kaien's soul was bleached by Rukia's zanpaktou to be reborn as Ichigo.

4) Rukia's clothes were bleached from black to white when Ichigo stole her power.

Then there is my favorite theory:

5) All of the above. He just took the name of the album, turned it into a theme and ran with it because he liked the word.
Yes, number 5 is also my favorite.
Old 2006-01-02, 23:17   Link #18
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
i beg to differ, most names do have somrthing to do with the shows.....it just so happens that we dont know why in this case.....
and look at this guy trying to sufficate any thought of curiosity......curiosity is one of the best things...
Old 2006-01-02, 23:26   Link #19
Mousuke

I don't know why it's called Bleach.....because they're "bleaching out" the bad spirits?
Old 2006-01-02, 23:52   Link #20
Arti

If I ever become a mangaka, I'm naming my manga something totally random, like Cup. That'll baffle my readers for years while they come up with these crazy theories.
Closed Thread