AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-23, 05:30   Link #1
NeoSam

Sumomomo Momomo ~Chijou Saikyo no Yome~

すもももももも~地上最強のヨメ~
Sumomomo Momomo ~Chijou Saikyo no Yome~

http://www.tv-sumomo.com/

Based on a seinen manga.

Broadcast: 2006

Its based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Young GanGan.
For now there are 6 volumes released of this manga.
Here are the covers:

There's also a guide book thats called:
Sumomomo Momomo ~Chijou Saikyo no Yome~ GUIDE BOOK
Cover of guide book:

From Anidb:

Quote:
Based on a seinen manga by Shinobu Ohtaka, serialized in Young Gangan.

Koushi Inuzuka is a smart high school student who aims to become a public prosecutor. Unfortunately for our good guy, he was born into a martial arts family whose head (ie his father) only knows one language: violence. When Koushi was still a baby, his father made a pact with his biggest rival to marry Koushi to his opponent-turned-friend`s daughter. The union of the two blood lines is supposed to bring forth Earth`s strongest martial arts clan.

Skip forward: Koushi is in high school, oblivious to the marriage arranged for him at his birth. Enter Momoko Kuzuryuu: sugar bomb, airhead, loli martial arts artist and Koushi`s self-proclaimed bride (the strongest on Earth, no less). Her wish for sexual intercourse meets with Koushi`s square refusal as he has absolutely no desire to get it on with someone who looks like she could be his little sister, not to mention that he doesn`t have the foggiest idea who she actually is.

Meanwhile, a war has broken out between the martial arts families. For Koushi, this means that numerous fighters are out to challenge him. As if that weren`t bad enough, our protagonist also has a fight phobia due to a traumatic incident that took place in his childhood. Now it`s up to Momoko and her superhuman fighting skills to protect her "husband." Will the two sweethearts survive the trials and tribulations ahead of them? More importantly, will Momoko get her way receiving a baby from Koushi?
Mangaka: OHTAKA Shinobu

Site of the manga:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/magazin...ry/sumomo.html

Animescans group have started scanlating the manga:
http://www.animescans.net/sumomomo.html

Genre: Seinen, Action, Comedy, Romance

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-12-28 at 08:26.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 06:05   Link #2
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
This one looks quite interesting, and sort of "tricky". I remember Kotonoha was about to scanlate it. I don't know what happened. To tell the truth, I emailed them I might have been able to do the translation part, but I ran out of time.

As usual, thanks for the info, Sam.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 10:24   Link #3
ImClueless
Rawr

Hmm martial arts, romance, and a loli what can possibly go wrong with this series

Although the scenario as described certainly does sound very interesting.
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 10:39   Link #4
Srin Tuar
無謀

I've read the manga through the latest tankoubon.

Its a fun story, mostly Iwould say its a comedy rather than anything too serious.

what I really want to know:
Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 22:56   Link #5
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I just checked the VA list for the series and Aya HIRANO has a role into this as Sanae Nakajima, probably the pink-haired loli. Oh, by the way, just in case anyone actually doesn't know what so particular about this VA, she just had a stand out performance voicing Haruhi in SHnY. Thanks NeoSam for taking care of the thread's existence.

I'm all but salivating for this series by the description alone. It's been ages since I have seen a good harem series where macho loli wants to have a guy's (more than likely a wimpy ass guy's) baby. Last one that came close to matching the description would be Maburaho, but it has been so long ago..

I think my only concern at the moment is the production company who are responsible for series like Tsuyokiss and Happy 7. At the same time, to their credit, they have also produced Petit Cossette, an absolute gem of an OVA series, and Kasimasi, a pretty decent series.

Anyway, I won't care about the animation as long as the show deliver my weekly dosage of harem right on time with, at least, a minimal of effort. That's all I ask. A nice cover pic from AniDB that sort of tries to portray these bad ass mamas.

monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 11:05   Link #6
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

hmm, Hirano Aya voices in this show? I'm sold!
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 11:21   Link #7
Srin Tuar
無謀

I jsut realized there is a typo in the title of this thread.

Chijou Saikyo no YOme~
Old 2006-09-08, 18:00   Link #8
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
I jsut realized there is a typo in the title of this thread.

Chijou Saikyo no YOme~
I see, thanks for the correction ^^

I'll ask an administrator to fix this
Old 2006-09-21, 11:07   Link #9
NeoSam

A commercial can be watched here.

The main bishoujo is so cute I'll surely be watching this

Edit:

I also added the cover of Sumomomo Momomo ~Chijou Saikyo no Yome~ GUIDE BOOK to the first post of this thread. the guide book will be released on October 2006.

Volume 5 of the seinen manga Sumomomo Momomo ~Chijou Saikyo no Yome~ will be released on 25/9/2006 I'll post its cover when itas available.

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-09-21 at 11:25.
Old 2006-09-21, 15:43   Link #10
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
LOL. I can tell this will be funny, and not just in the typical "fanservice comedy"way.

The main girl doesn't look too loli in the cover art, so when I first saw that I thought she would be around the same age as Haruhi. It's funny Haruhi came to mind when I saw her, since Hirano Aya may be her VA.
Old 2006-09-21, 15:54   Link #11
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
LOL. I can tell this will be funny, and not just in the typical "fanservice comedy"way.

The main girl doesn't look too loli in the cover art, so when I first saw that I thought she would be around the same age as Haruhi. It's funny Haruhi came to mind when I saw her, since Hirano Aya may be her VA.

Im betting that the anime will be alot of fun. Depending upon how volume 5 turns out, its even possible that I'll prefer the anime to the manga, as rare as that is.

There is something about this series that just begs for some high speed action packed animation.
Old 2006-09-21, 16:17   Link #12
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I'm as curious as in the synopsis posted on this series when it begs the question:

"More importantly, will Momoko get her way receiving a baby from Koushi?"

Can hardly wait!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-21, 16:53   Link #13
NeoSam

Cover of volume 5 of Sumomomo Momomo ~Chijou Saikyo no Yome~

Seinen manga
Serialized in: Young GanGan
Old 2006-09-21, 16:55   Link #14
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Im betting that the anime will be alot of fun. Depending upon how volume 5 turns out, its even possible that I'll prefer the anime to the manga, as rare as that is.

There is something about this series that just begs for some high speed action packed animation.
I haven't read the manga, but the high premise behind this sounds hysterical to me. Does it read as sort of a cross between Muteki Kanban Musume and Magikano (which is how I keep imagining it)?
Old 2006-09-26, 17:43   Link #15
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
...I think my only concern at the moment is the production company who are responsible for series like Tsuyokiss and Happy 7. At the same time, to their credit, they have also produced Petit Cossette, an absolute gem of an OVA series, and Kasimasi, a pretty decent series....
Cossette is indeed a gem. And this show has the same director as Kashimashi, Nakanishi Nobuaki. He put together a good show from a good manga there, maybe he can do the same here. Hirano Aya's Sanae is the studious class rep and martial arts expert who wears glasses and likes the hero. Momoko the pink-haired loli baby-wanter is played by Kano Yui, for whom this appears to be the first starring role.

My fall anime calendar (link in sig below) has staff and cast highlights of all the shows that will be airing this fall.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 05:15   Link #16
NeoSam

Look what is going to get released in November 2006

コミックスペシャルカレンダー 2007 すもももももも~地上最強のヨメ~
Comic Special Calender 2007 Sumomomo Momomo ~Chijou Saikyo no Yome~

I have to get my hands on this >.<

Last edited by NeoSam; 2006-09-27 at 06:01.
Old 2006-09-27, 05:34   Link #17
Major
Shana's lover

awesome i need to get that were did you find it
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 06:00   Link #18
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major
awesome i need to get that were did you find it
Well, here.

Its getting released on 15/11/2006 according to Amazon.
Old 2006-09-27, 21:12   Link #19
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribble
That's exactly how I feel about it as far as I can tell right now. I haven't read the manga, but I have just watched the preview and it seems like it'll be quite a fun series to follow.
i0td is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 21:28   Link #20
Srin Tuar
無謀

Sorry, didnt mean to ignore you roo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I haven't read the manga, but the high premise behind this sounds hysterical to me. Does it read as sort of a cross between Muteki Kanban Musume and Magikano (which is how I keep imagining it)?
Ah, not a bad description.

Crazy fighting action, perhaps not just a little bit exagerratted and silly, just like kanban musume. A female with unbridled powers limited only by her imagination, yes.

Ridiculous fanservicey scenes that border on nonsensical, just like magikano, yes.
A main male characters who is a dameningen, just like magikano, yes.

I have to admit, I didnt like your analogy at first, but I cannot refute it. Spot on

Tags
action, comedy, romance, seinen