AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-22, 06:20   Link #1241
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
It doesn't say she was a maternal donor. That was really supported by the Izuru x Kei fans. It only says that Teoria donated some DNA to Izuru. Never mentions when though. I'm betting Izuru is actually the son of juria which would explain why he is so compatible with the system. Teoria just later donated DNA after izuru was born which is likely the main reason they had their memories erased afterwards.
MJP is institut for creating subrace of humans adapted to live in space. If mankind had technology to manipulate genom of already existing humans, there would not need use MJP students. Even though rabbits are exceptional pilots there is plenty of aces with years of experiences out there .

thus humans doesn't have such technology yet. I wouldn't be suprised if Juria was Asagi "mother" though, as it seems to me that Simon act more "affectional" (lol) toward him
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 06:52   Link #1242
n0m@n
C-Z

We don't have to worry about the MC being a reincarnation of a DOG who fell in love with his master's lover(Cough, Aquarion, Cough, EVOL, COUGH). That alone makes any mecha anime good.
Old 2013-09-22, 07:10   Link #1243
Tenzen12

Realy? So why I dropped that Evol anime?
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 08:41   Link #1244
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

My reaction after the final credits rolled:

Already? Don’t f*** with me! I want moar!!!

Seriously though, the story that we got feels like only scratching the surface. There’s this feeling that there’s a lot more waiting to be explored in MJP’s universe, especially the Wulgaru world.

That said, the development of the characters are nice. Almost all of them are likable (the boring Galkie notwithstanding, but can’t really blame him since he didn’t get much screen-time). Also, like usual, the mecha-fight is the dope, one of the best in decades (and I’ve seen a lot of mecha series). If a 2nd season is indeed happening, Jiart should appear again from the ashes with shades, Quattro Vajeena-style .
Old 2013-09-22, 13:12   Link #1245
Puu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That said, the development of the characters are nice. Almost all of them are likable (the boring Galkie notwithstanding, but can’t really blame him since he didn’t get much screen-time). Also, like usual, the mecha-fight is the dope, one of the best in decades (and I’ve seen a lot of mecha series). If a 2nd season is indeed happening, Jiart should appear again from the ashes with shades, Quattro Vajeena-style .
And when he returns, I hope he eventually turns to the good side and becomes...

*drumroll*

Jiato-oyaji.

Or well, uncle. :c Once Izuru finds out Teoria might be his mom and they're brothers....

I'm thinking of watching out for MJP merchandise and buying something to support them You guys should too!
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 15:03   Link #1246
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puu View Post
And when he returns, I hope he eventually turns to the good side and becomes...

*drumroll*

Jiato-oyaji.

Or well, uncle. :c Once Izuru finds out Teoria might be his mom and they're brothers....

I'm thinking of watching out for MJP merchandise and buying something to support them You guys should too!

There's not a whole lot of merchandise for this show, but there is a few things. I ordered some Asagi stuff myself off of AmiAmi.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 16:17   Link #1247
Puu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
There's not a whole lot of merchandise for this show, but there is a few things. I ordered some Asagi stuff myself off of AmiAmi.
I'm thinking of pre-ordering the Izuru keychain/phone strap and his character image song CD...

But I'll have to see since I have a big pre-order this month and I'm not sure how much it'll come to...

So, if the shipping for that turns out to be really big, I'll have to settle for just the straps
Old 2013-09-22, 18:50   Link #1248
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puu View Post
I don't know about model kits but I saw something about figuarts or something? I know I'd love to own a Red 5 mech... then it can stand beside my Lancelot Albion ♥

I just realized, by the way, on my rewatch: That one hand Jiato cut off. It went into the portal, didn't it? Very interesting....

Also, wouldn't it be interesting too if whatever the Wulagru do to their lamata is exactly what Izuru ended up doing with Jiato?
I'd love to have a Red 5 and a Blue 1.
Old 2013-09-29, 17:21   Link #1249
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
We don't have to worry about the MC being a reincarnation of a DOG who fell in love with his master's lover(Cough, Aquarion, Cough, EVOL, COUGH). That alone makes any mecha anime good.
The whole Aquarion franchise is based off yaoi . But you'll still end up with more yaoi stuff from kyojin strangely enough .

MJP was good because.... THE MECHA HAD FIGHTS!

Go figure.
Old 2013-09-29, 20:19   Link #1250
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
The whole Aquarion franchise is based off yaoi
You have any evidence for this by any chance like a staff interview?
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 20:56   Link #1251
dmaxzero

Seeing the whole show from beginning to end was very satisfying. It was a classic anime mecha show, battles, rivalry and some light plot to keep one focused. Very basic fun that did what it was supposed to do and somehow now that makes me happy. I do not think it will have a second season though, would be nice, but unlikely I guess.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 21:59   Link #1252
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Aquarion is based of Kawamori Shoji being insane & awesome. But mostly insane.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 00:13   Link #1253
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Everything Toma did was because he was in love with Apollonius. That's only his motivations though and not what the whole show revolves around.
Old 2013-09-30, 14:41   Link #1254
Puu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Everything Toma did was because he was in love with Apollonius*. That's only his motivations though and not what the whole show revolves around.
Wasn't Toma in love with the Aquarion mech? So all that time we saw him pinning Apollo inside the mech thinking he wanted a feel of the guy inside... he was literally rubbing up against the mech.

But yes, that creator is crazy.

The group responsible for MJP's amazing mech fights is doing the mech fights for Akito of the Rebellion OVAs ... but somehow, I feel like part of why MJP mech fights are so awesome is because of the teamwork aspect of it... Jiart vs Izuru fights are always amazing, but I think my favorite might just be when they tag-teamed Klein. That was just amazing, especially with Ataru and Kei long-distance help....!

I just realized, by the way, that this show had the guy who voiced Shulk from Xenoblade... I now appreciate this show more...
Old 2013-09-30, 19:38   Link #1255
Gundamx

I really never understand how Aquarion story work...
1-one half is not destined person while other half is
( same person become two while he is child > yin-yang)

2-girl with same personality and power as destined girl yet she is not chosen one
(destined girl was some girl who have totally different personality and power)

3- evol destroy original story

...etc

P.S.: there is another mange with same story from anime (with many think been remove?)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 05:59   Link #1256
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I'm kinda pissed that it's really hard to find any decent high-quality art/scans of this anime. There are few of them yeah, but not nearly enough as I hoped. And a lot of sexy ones (like the awesome one below) are just samples. -_-'

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-10-14, 08:50   Link #1257
Ottocycle

Kei in a ponytail.

I can die happy.

Also, if only the beach fanservice episode actually happened like that. Dobermans ;_;
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 15:52   Link #1258
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
Kei in a ponytail.

I can die happy.

Also, if only the beach fanservice episode actually happened like that. Dobermans ;_;
No kidding. That would have been an awesome episode. Ah well...

Found another two sexy ones... again as samples... -_-'

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Old 2013-10-15, 16:48   Link #1259
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
2nd PV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That was quite a nice song playing after the first minute.
So err...does anybody know what that song was?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 03:35   Link #1260
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
I'm kinda pissed that it's really hard to find any decent high-quality art/scans of this anime. There are few of them yeah, but not nearly enough as I hoped. And a lot of sexy ones (like the awesome one below) are just samples. -_-'

Images
Ange is definitely a girl.

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction