AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 43 34.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 48.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 9.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 4.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.79%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-12, 18:04   Link #61
flick
電脳コイル'd

Loved this episode I loved it when I read the manga (was very moving already) but I was surprised how well the TV version was able to capture that same feeling again and make it even more alive...
Old 2007-05-12, 19:04   Link #62
Adam E
Riskbreaker

Great adaptation; I gave this episode a 9/10. I'm getting really excited to see how Madhouse handles the later volumes in the series.
Old 2007-05-13, 14:31   Link #63
piccu

Best episode of the whole season till now... voted for Perfect 10.
The episode so so touching and Teresa is a great chraracter.
In my opinion the animation of Clares and Teresa's faces were much prettier than in the previous episodes, or is it just me?
Old 2007-05-13, 20:29   Link #64
Fruitfly

Episode 6 gets a perfect 10 from me too
I almost shed a tear twice in this episode.

Spoiler for :
Old 2007-05-14, 02:20   Link #65
Lost

The only thing I found gratifying about this episode was that Teresa killed all the bandits.

About the end, I was really expecting Teresa to take her own life. It just seemed right that she should; and it seemed wrong (dishonourable) that she should be killed by Claymores less powerful than herself. I don't know, maybe this Japanese-popular notion of taking one's life to preserve honour must have grown on me.
Old 2007-05-14, 03:23   Link #66
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
I don't know, maybe this Japanese-popular notion of taking one's life to preserve honour must have grown on me.
You are not alone, i was raised with Japanese Animes, and the honor that they use it on them....You must always protect, the weak ones/girls and so on... "Future boy Conan" <- first ever anime, Nausicaa and the valley of the wind, Fist of the north Star and many more, that names i know forgotten with time....
Old 2007-05-14, 04:19   Link #67
HinaThePrince

Quote:
About the end, I was really expecting Teresa to take her own life. It just seemed right that she should; and it seemed wrong (dishonourable) that she should be killed by Claymores less powerful than herself. I don't know, maybe this Japanese-popular notion of taking one's life to preserve honour must have grown on me.
Two things:

1. Claymore does not take place in Japan. The characters are not Japanese. I think the names kind of gave it away, along with the medieval setting.

2. Teresa does not care about honor, she only cares about protecting Clare. It's her reason for living, so naturally she'll try to live as long as possible.
Old 2007-05-14, 18:20   Link #68
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
The only thing I found gratifying about this episode was that Teresa killed all the bandits.

yea but its almost a tradition for the claymores to be killed by their own kind rather taking their own lives...perhaps this is considered honourable than suicide...but it doesnt matter anymore as she has turned against the organisation...why do i get the feeling that the organisation is going to loose it's top 6 claymores

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-14, 21:16   Link #69
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
yea but its almost a tradition for the claymores to be killed by their own kind rather taking their own lives...perhaps this is considered honourable than suicide...but it doesnt matter anymore as she has turned against the organisation...why do i get the feeling that the organisation is going to loose it's top 6 claymores

Sorry I don't believe in honor by committing suicide. I just think that it's a convenient way to not face the things that you did. Killing yourself won't make those deeds go away and it certainly won't fix them either.

Teresa did the right thing. Screw the organization. It was probably convenient to create this tradition because no one else could kill them if they did decide to break the rules. Having them go independent and keep the money for themselves prob wasn't in the organization's best interest either.
Old 2007-05-15, 10:26   Link #70
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
episode was nice but i had read the manga up to this part so i didnt really bother watching it entirely.
out of subject, piccu that sign made me giggle.
Old 2007-05-16, 18:40   Link #71
zoozoc
Anime is my drug....

[QUOTE=HinaThePrince;945601]Two things:

1. Claymore does not take place in Japan. The characters are not Japanese. I think the names kind of gave it away, along with the medieval setting.
QUOTE]

even so, its going to have a very japanese feel to it (it is made by japanese people after all), there is no way to get around that, it will have japanese influences and culture, even in a european medival setting.
Old 2007-05-17, 11:26   Link #72
Seska

Jip, the way of a warriors honor,aka like Samurai honor, and way of Bushido.

Is the Japan influence. But perhaps they use the old Knight honor for it...
Old 2007-05-17, 11:56   Link #73
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
Jip, the way of a warriors honor,aka like Samurai honor, and way of Bushido.

Is the Japan influence. But perhaps they use the old Knight honor for it...
Suicide is probably where samurai and Western knights differ the most. For samurai, it's an honorable end. However, most Western knights were Catholic, and suicide was considered (and is still considered) a grevious sin.

On a different note, I wonder why the organization would put such a heavy proscription against killing humans. Admittedly, the value of the services the Claymores render is very high, but there's all sorts of people who don't give a damn about it. Is there some sort of system in place in the case anyone acts out of malice?
Old 2007-05-20, 08:36   Link #74
ArmisaelXVIII

About the execution thing, I think it's just a formalism. But It may have some didactic purposes as to show claymores what happens to those who break the rule, and also to make them used to kill even their comrades if they are ordered to.

I alse agree with someone who said that it may be to put pressure in the target...
Old 2007-05-30, 00:34   Link #75
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Darn it! I won't be able to sleep any time soon it seems as I'm so compelled to watch the next episode. Very good episode! This episode makes Claymore a series for me. I'll finish it no matter what. Now I also understand why I was bothered by Clare's insistence to get close to Teresa as Teresa kept hitting her to keep her away. Wow!

Is this really a shounen series?

The episode evoked some raw emotion I didn't feel watching a series in a while. I was pretty much cheering when she finally decided that it's about time to cross the ironclad rule about not killing humans. And when Teresa says that she has found a reason to live as the surrounding Claymore gushing blood who were just about to kill her...... kyaaaaa...

Absolutely fabulous character development between Teresa and Clare. It has taken only two episodes to develop the bond between these two, and yet it feels like they were always been part of this show. Teresa has fit right into this story. Paku Romi was a wonderful choice! Don't we all appreciate Madhouse more and more as this series progresses!?

Episode gets a 9.
Old 2007-05-30, 03:39   Link #76
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Heh. You're hooked. You didn't even make it to the end of this arc before falling hopeless into Claymorephilia. In the previous episode discussion I was struck by your insight when you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I also find it puzzling why Clare kept getting up to hug Teresa's legs. She didn't appear to be needy. Frightened? Well, may be, but if she was frightened then she wouldn't have kept getting up even after getting viciously hit by Teresa. What's going on?
You zeroed right in on the facts rather than being taken by the obvious wrong answer even though you didn't understand its meaning at the time.

Quote:
Is this really a shounen series?
It certainly does break the mold. The emotions are raw and intense and much more intimately personal than I am used to in shounen anime.

Quote:
Episode gets a 9.
Please don't rate it so highly. This show is just getting started, but you're already trying to limit how high it can go. If you make this episode a 9, then it wouldn't be possible for the show to go more than 1 notch higher. I'd say rating it higher than an 8 is underestimating its potential. Maybe it should be just a 7. Oh heck, just throw away these silly numerical ratings! You said WHY you like it and HOW much you like it. That is the only response that has any value.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-05-30, 22:05   Link #77
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Please don't rate it so highly. This show is just getting started, but you're already trying to limit how high it can go. If you make this episode a 9, then it wouldn't be possible for the show to go more than 1 notch higher. I'd say rating it higher than an 8 is underestimating its potential. Maybe it should be just a 7. Oh heck, just throw away these silly numerical ratings! You said WHY you like it and HOW much you like it. That is the only response that has any value.
But it was good. It was really really good. There are only very few instances (I remember most of those occasions) where I've rated an episode perfect. If you are hinting the series is going to get even better where I'll be forced to rate higher than a 9.......... *shivers* oh mommy! I'm salivating already for episode 7.

Besides, notice how I haven't voted in the poll in any of this episode discussion threads, so I'm not restricted by the limit of 10 if I need to go higher up than 10!!! I can always break out an 11 if the occasion calls for it. The rating, 9, for this episode stands.
Old 2007-06-04, 22:27   Link #78
Teresa/Clare1415
Yuri Fangirl

This episode was awesome.

Spoiler for When:

10/10 for me!
Old 2007-07-26, 08:30   Link #79
BladeStone

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm just now getting around to watching the series. Did anyone else notice that when Clare was left behind, she ran up and gave Theresa a hug and said she wanted to stay with her forever? Just like Raki did with Clare? I think it's obvious that in episode 4, that's what stopped Clare from 'turning'. Anyone else notice this?

After realizing this, I can't stop thinking about what a perfect transition the flashback was/is.
Closed Thread