AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-01-02, 10:10   Link #1761
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Except that it wasn't White Cosmos at the fateful meeting two years ago; it was her delegate, White Tower.
The anime did indeed showed Ivory Tower as present at the meeting 2 years ago, but that was because there was no other way for them to accurately portray the meeting without spoiling White Cosmos' appearance. In the light novel I do believe White Cosmos herself was present.
Orange Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 10:26   Link #1762
Sunder the Gold

And if one wanted to justify that possible discrepency, perhaps White Cosmos bribed Yellow Radio to edit her out of his video recording.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 12:33   Link #1763
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
And if one wanted to justify that possible discrepency, perhaps White Cosmos bribed Yellow Radio to edit her out of his video recording.
Spoiler for Really Insane Theory:

judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 14:09   Link #1764
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

WC is ok I guess. I was expecting myself to like her appearance a bit more though. Like how I liked Chocolate Puppeteer's design. Im not really complaining though.

^ And I don't think Radio would be a member of ARG. Doing so would bean granting him at least some info/power and knowing the yellow kings mentality and how manipulative he's bound to be, I doubt any ARG higher-ups would take a risk. Making a move like that could bite them back. What if he learns things he's not supposed to know? Or gets in too deep for their own good? Or even plants agents/worms in the organization? I think that's a risk that would never outweigh the benefits.

If an ARG member wanted to recruit someone, I think they'd be after Purple Thorn. She's still unstable even after 2.5 years. Basically a walking revenge puppet.

Also, why is there no orange king?? Sry, random I know : )
Belise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 14:14   Link #1765
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Spoiler for Really Insane Theory:

Yeaaaah... That was the other thing that bothered me about the ARG.

Didn't we ALREADY have a legion full of cheaters, what with Radio and his Crypto Cosmic Circus? Why did the author feel that he needed two of them?

It's not that Yellow is inherently a color of evil people, but it IS the color of people who prefer to win through indirect methods, and the logical extention of that is "winning" without even needing to fight at all.

Supposedly it was the Yellow Legion that made a backdoor program to use other people's Nuero Linkers as staging points for remote challenges in completely seperate Areas... But the ARG figured out how to do something like that with Nuero Linkers minus people wearing them. And outside of Tokyo, even.

Granted, Yellow Radio may not have White Cosmos' fortunes to work with, but still. Doesn't it render him redundant?

And if Yellow is the color of those most inclined to cheat, what does that say about White? So far, the only Whites we know are villains like Cosmos and Tower. (Not that I know anything Tower's done, but I imagine he's complicit in Cosmos' crimes.)
Old 2013-01-02, 14:16   Link #1766
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post
Also, why is there no orange king?? Sry, random I know : )
There possibly could have been a potential Orange King, but he or she ended up erased before he or she could reach Level 9 with the others.
Old 2013-01-02, 18:16   Link #1767
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

I dont think there was ever even a mention of that color. Or "gold" for that matter.

^And as for White..hm. Maybe once we know for sure what Black is for, we can deduce White. I mean, all the colors mixed together (in equal amounts) should be Grey, so with the metallic colors aside we don't really know any traits in that neutral gradient. Kyh, BV and GE's character profiles don't provide enough info. Neither does IT or WC. Only thing we can really say so far is that they're all enigmatic.
Old 2013-01-02, 18:57   Link #1768
Sunder the Gold

There's no reason for Gold to be excluded from the scale of Metallic Colors, especially since the precious metals side of the bar is yellow, right after Silver (or platinum, which might be between them).

Rust Jigsaw and Amber Penguin are also both Orange colors, using a balance of tricks and long-range attacks.

As for White, I would guess that it's the unspecialized color that isn't as strong as Blue or weak as Red, Orange or Yellow. The Jack of All Trades, Master of None.

White uses a balance of direct attacks and indirect methods at any range. But those tricks and attacks are weak. White has no advantage against anyone of the same Level, whereas everyone else has some specialty to apply for victory.

White would need to be very clever; to recognize their opponent's strengths, and work to deny them. To find their opponent's weaknesses, and press them.

I'm betting that the "Colorless" Black involves having poor stats all-around. Whereas White is generally good at everything, Black generally sucks at everything... except for one theme.

Black Vise is probably fragile, slow and weak, but his body is made of shadow-loving panels. He can use those panels as traps and shields, and teleport through darkness, but if you catch him at close-range or in the light, he probably doesn't hold up well against attack.

Aqua Current's body is made of pure water. It surely has all manner of "elemental" weaknesses to make up for her immunities. Perhaps her pure water is especially weak against "impurities" like Poison/Disease or Corrosion. Given that fresh water is easier to freeze than cold water, Current like likely vulnerable to cold and ice. And I'll bet her physical strength is abysmally weak, and her body very fragile to physical damage.

Black Lotus is a sword; she slices through any resistance. No muck or mud or water can mire her or impede her progress. No restraint can hold her. No armor can repell her. She cuts and pierces right through anything that stands in her way... but I'll bet her avatar is slow, frail and weak compared to the other Kings. Even the Yellow King, specialized in indirect combat and no particular range, was capable of matching her at close range, which is Black Lotus' specialty. The Purple King would be faster, tougher, and brawnier. The Blue King would be more so.
Old 2013-01-02, 19:05   Link #1769
judasmartel
*Author

But water by itself can go back to its original form "inside its container" when physical force is applied to it, right? Although, the water "inside the container" would be reduced.

I thought PK looks like a Lightning Mage, though.
Old 2013-01-02, 20:14   Link #1770
Sunder the Gold

Guns can kill at pointblank, and can rapid-fire faster than a sword can swing more than once. Therefore, Blue avatars must be stronger and faster and tougher than Red avatars, to make up for the disadvantage of having weapons restricted to short range.

Purple is the middle-point between these two. Their attacks don't reach as far as those of Reds, and their bodies are not as powerful as Blues. But they can attack much further than Blues, and their bodies must be better than those of Reds.

Purple Thorn may be a lightweight built more for speed and agility than power and toughness, but if so she must be more agile than non-Blue avatars. Thus, she must be able to run faster and leap farther than Black Lotus, which will help her keep precious distance from Lotus' blades, while letting her use lightning freely.

(Likewise, Green avatars must be at least half as physically powerful as Blues, because of their mutual close-range restriction. While not as fast or strong as Blues, they make up the difference with tricks like Green Grandee's Double Payback, or Lime Bell's Citron Call.)
Old 2013-01-02, 21:03   Link #1771
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Actually, I do believe Lime Bell's Citron Call is from her colour being a slightly yellow green, making it a Yellow ability rather than a Green one.
Orange Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 21:54   Link #1772
judasmartel
*Author

Speaking of Citron Call, it was considered pretty broken like Crow's wings for a reason.

Sure, CC appears to heal its target, which means it seems stupid to use it against opposing Duel Avatars. However, it actually reverts the target to its previous condition, the amount of time depending on LB's power level.

How broken is CC? She can spam it frequently because she can increase her power gauge by hitting stage props (or the floor?) since she doesn't receive chip damage from doing so unlike other Duel Avatars.

When CC is used on allies, they're practically invincible as long as she keeps her HP and SP gauge up. When used on enemies, sure it usually refills the HP gauge, but it actually denies them the ability to use their special attacks. Plus, with CC, Bell can actually become the bane of enemy healers, like WC, unless WC herself is such a good manipulator. So WC healed up a Duel Avatar from 10% HP to full? Use CC on that Duel Avatar and HP goes down from 100% back to 10%. Can go both ways.

For more fun, give her the ability to use CC on multiple targets at once. GG.

Hmm, interesting. A battle of wits between healers, Code Geass/Death Note style. Never seen that before.

Chiyu has shown herself to be quite cunning by her epic PWNAGE of Dusk Taker.
Old 2013-01-03, 05:50   Link #1773
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Black Lotus is a sword; she slices through any resistance. No muck or mud or water can mire her or impede her progress. No restraint can hold her. No armor can repell her. She cuts and pierces right through anything that stands in her way... but I'll bet her avatar is slow, frail and weak compared to the other Kings. Even the Yellow King, specialized in indirect combat and no particular range, was capable of matching her at close range, which is Black Lotus' specialty. The Purple King would be faster, tougher, and brawnier. The Blue King would be more so.
Fragile, maybe. Slow and weak, no.
Black Lotus is pretty fast. Did you forget the part where she sliced all those members of YR's legion into oblivion in volume 2? The anime had some awesome sakuga on that part.
And you contradicted yourself when you described her as being able to slice through anything and still called her weak. She didn't reach level 9 for no reason.
Though we may never know who really is the strongest King until they actually fought, it's not right to call Lotus weak just because we don't know what the black color fully is.
And I believe there was a reason why YR was able to match BL in a melee match but I can't remember what. So yeah.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 08:14   Link #1774
Sunder the Gold

You missed all kinds of complexities.

Those words you bolded? You seem to have missed the words immediately following them, with which I explicitly compared her to the other Level 9s. It's obvious that she's going to be faster than all the lower leveled avatars.

There's also a great difference between the strength behind a sword and the sharpness of the blade. Black Lotus has unsurpassed sharpness, but her strength is likely unremarkable or just plain poor compared to the White, Purple, Blue and Green Kings.

The Yellow King feared her because her "sharpness" included an instant-death effect to her *basic attacks* against certain opponents, which he needed the special ability of his baton to counter. He did not fear her speed or agility, which was not markedly superior to his own, despite close combat being Lotus' forte.

Her strength was also insufficient to force him back or knock the baton from his grasp. Yellow Radio, who is not suited for direct close-combat engagement, was roughly as physically strong as Lotus.
Old 2013-01-03, 12:22   Link #1775
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Green Grande may be able to withstand non IS attacks from BL even without the strife. I mean, he acquired that item when he was close to lv.9 already so im sure he could withstand her sharpness as well as other similar abilities. He has to have been hit quite often in the past and his hp never dipped below 50%, no?

*(side observation) the way he is known for his armor and the item he carries makes him resemble gundam gp02, minus the bazooka.
Old 2013-01-03, 14:10   Link #1776
Sunder the Gold

Grandee may be more than simply well-armoured. He might have a power explicitly to defend himself against Instant Death strikes.

The guy survives by tanking hits. Anyone who relies on that for long HAS to invest in resistance against "poisons" and other status effects, or else a viper will kill the elephant.

Besides, Green Grandee might already not be one of the "certain targets" that Black Lotus can insta-kill. I'm not clear on her passive ability's criteria. Something about the target having an inferior stat of some kind, which was the stat that the baton raised by being twirled around.
Old 2013-01-03, 17:04   Link #1777
Flere821
Lurker

In that SS with Graphite Edge it was said even Grande had to use his shield to block Lotus's slashing attacks. This is talking about pure stats anyway, he probably has other defences around to stop Lotus.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 19:42   Link #1778
Sunder the Gold

There you go, folks. Black Lotus is the "Shiki" of Accel World.

Or as close to the Eyes of Death Perception as an avatar can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
I am thinking Dusk Taker is just a beta tester for ARG's research. Case in point, the image masking program. The same program that caused Haru to go into the girls' bathroom while following DT.
I'm thinking less "beta tester" and more "guinea pig".

Quote:
Spoiler for Regarding Red Rider:
Thanks for telling me!

That's a fascinating power. Certainly amazing, but it doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would make him especially more dangerous than the others, since you gotta figure that the other Level 9s had equally amazing powers.

Spoiler for Unless...:
Old 2013-01-03, 20:17   Link #1779
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Thanks for telling me!

That's a fascinating power. Certainly amazing, but it doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would make him especially more dangerous than the others, since you gotta figure that the other Level 9s had equally amazing powers.

Spoiler for Unless...:
Spoiler for Actually...:

Last edited by orpheus2; 2013-01-03 at 22:27. Reason: corrected the link credit
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 21:52   Link #1780
Sunder the Gold

Red Rider sounds like an awesome dude; that only reinforces the impression I got from Yellow Radio's video.

Sounds kind of like a regular shounen hero. A goofy, idealistic, positive guy, who got a clingy jealous girlfriend (Purple Thorn) and a super-serious fight-happy best friend/rival (Blue Knight). Everyone liked him, and he tried to create a world of peace and cooperation.

But it wasn't his story, so the bad guy's plot succeeds, and he becomes the Sacrificial Lion whose tragic "murder" that sets Kuroyukihime and Haruyuki's story.

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality