AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-04, 03:02   Link #2641
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
H*ll yeah! The current JoJo's Bizzare Adventure is fun! Killua just doesn't compare to Joseph. Joseph's smarter. Killua is playing it safe. Joseph goes all out. Killua wouldn't do half the stuff that Joseph does.
its funny that you say that, pretty much the approach joseph takes with the pillarmen its what killua has done, specially comparing the actual events in both animes, to be clear im no trying to diminish jojo, its great, i enjoy it for the pure gar of the show, its just that like many oldschool mangas it can be a little too over the top for some.
Old 2013-04-04, 07:42   Link #2642
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
its funny that you say that, pretty much the approach joseph takes with the pillarmen its what killua has done, specially comparing the actual events in both animes, to be clear im no trying to diminish jojo, its great, i enjoy it for the pure gar of the show, its just that like many oldschool mangas it can be a little too over the top for some.
Referring to current HxH episode: JoJo (Joseph) wouldn't have experimented. He would have just done it. Killua experimented with his new powers on a person. Basically, Killua went thru a trial run to play it safe. JoJo (Joseph) plans his attacks 3 steps ahead. Killua has only demonstrated that part this episode. To become like Joseph, Killua has to loose his safety net.
Old 2013-04-04, 09:59   Link #2643
SHINOBI-03

Spoiler for Speaking of JoJo...:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 16:30   Link #2644
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Referring to current HxH episode: JoJo (Joseph) wouldn't have experimented. He would have just done it. Killua experimented with his new powers on a person. Basically, Killua went thru a trial run to play it safe. JoJo (Joseph) plans his attacks 3 steps ahead. Killua has only demonstrated that part this episode. To become like Joseph, Killua has to loose his safety net.
The 'Trial Run' was done in a fight to the death where Killua was not only the weaker one, but also had broken hands, there was no safety net.

He 'experimented' because he not only did crazy things against a stronger opponent, he did crazy things that were unecessilary half-assed because he wanted Data points.

Of course, Killua DOES have trouble fighting against stronger opponents and havign a safety net, but in this case he did not 'play it safe'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Funny, isn't it? Naruto/Bleach/etc are making references here and there. Back in the day, Togashi was like that to, I guess. :>
Not sure what you mean? Togashi still does reference to other mangas/mangaka, it's just that he tends to do hommages, not the flat-out copying that some of those (Naruto or Bleach i naprticular) do.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 21:21   Link #2645
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post

Not sure what you mean? Togashi still does reference to other mangas/mangaka, it's just that he tends to do hommages, not the flat-out copying that some of those (Naruto or Bleach i naprticular) do.
I don't mean much, so please don't flame me anyone! It might be wierd, but I find it special that Togashi did homage from other series. I have not notice any till this episode and the comparison to JoJo series (have not watch yet).
Old 2013-04-06, 23:56   Link #2646
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep74:
Old 2013-04-07, 00:16   Link #2647
Clarste
Human

You know, I've read the manga, and I've seen the old OVA, but this is the first time I figured out why exactly Gon needed to be able to count to a minute in his head. Am I just stupid or was it poorly explained before?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 01:21   Link #2648
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Gon. GAR. AS. F***! That is all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
You know, I've read the manga, and I've seen the old OVA, but this is the first time I figured out why exactly Gon needed to be able to count to a minute in his head. Am I just stupid or was it poorly explained before?
You're not the only one. I thought it had something to do with being precise with the timing of Gyo actually.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 03:19   Link #2649
Pacify

Gon sure likes going HAM. god damn.

So the arc is just about over, i suppose next episode will wrap it up, or will it take 2?
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 06:34   Link #2650
ookamigirl

Gon vs Genthru!
Lots of strategies used this time.
Didn't expect Gon to be hurt so badly.
It was rather shocking since he's the main character.
I was amazed Gon could still function after all that damage.
They did manage to fulfill their goal after all.
Well, all is well that ends well.
Now with only one card left to get, things will get even more interesting.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 07:10   Link #2651
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Gon is crazy, no question about it. But his opponents to continue to find that out the hard way, and his GAR to weight ratio is off the charts. He simply will not give up, ever. That derisive victory "Osu!" after he'd just gotten his freaking hand blown off was like his own little way of spitting on Genthru and anyone who doubts him.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 09:25   Link #2652
SinsI

Quite an astounding effect from Arcangel's Breath. I wonder whose Nen is that and why couldn't the billionaire guy find him to treat his lover (or just bring her to the GI like the Spiders did - surely you get a big enough time gap before being sent off the island to use one card on a person you've brought)...
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 10:17   Link #2653
noktown

Are those people who surrounded them in the end really so foolish to believe that they can take on the guys who basically just beat the game ?
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 10:48   Link #2654
HandofFate

I think the reason why they decided to heal the bombers was dumb.
Its not even life-threatening injuries.
Old 2013-04-07, 10:53   Link #2655
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I think the reason why they decided to heal the bombers was dumb.
Its not even life-threatening injuries.
Yeah, I thought it was a waste. I mean really those guys are pretty well fine. Gon was the only one who legitimately even needed to use it.
Old 2013-04-07, 10:55   Link #2656
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Damn, that fight was exciting. Gon's attack is too damn powerful, even for someone who is supposed to be much more experienced. As long as he's in range to land it properly, they're done for.

Who are all these punks teleporting in at the end there? Are they gonna try and fight our team? Silly mistake, if so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Are those people who surrounded them in the end really so foolish to believe that they can take on the guys who basically just beat the game ?
That's what I was thinking... Maybe they're planning to jump them all at once, but still... dumb choice.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 10:59   Link #2657
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, I thought it was a waste. I mean really those guys are pretty well fine. Gon was the only one who legitimately even needed to use it.
This isn't the kind of show where injuries are not crippling- remember how has taken a month+ to recover from injuries?

Genthru and at least the guy hit by Biscuit would likely have died.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 11:15   Link #2658
erdii

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Quite an astounding effect from Arcangel's Breath. I wonder whose Nen is that and why couldn't the billionaire guy find him to treat his lover (or just bring her to the GI like the Spiders did - surely you get a big enough time gap before being sent off the island to use one card on a person you've brought)...
game is for hunters, namely nen users. can you teach a person who is in vegetative state nen ?
Old 2013-04-07, 11:26   Link #2659
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
IIRC there are still so many players out there still clueless about Bomber's true identity.
Old 2013-04-07, 11:49   Link #2660
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
game is for hunters, namely nen users. can you teach a person who is in vegetative state nen ?
Even so, the guy knows of the existence of nen and has enough money to interest even Hunters - he could have hired Tseszuguerra (or whoever was available when his girlfriend fell in a coma (ISTR it was 30 years ago...) to find a nen healer and then pay that person to heal her, instead of that roundabout way.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen