Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-28, 06:32   Link #401
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
somebody should please make a Saten x Rea crossover pic now!
There is one, but it's R-18.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 07:18   Link #402
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
The consesus is that zombies (to be called that) must be created, they do not merely "exist" out of thin air. As for being unscientific, that would mean that no research can be done on them. Animating dead corpses is a research that if done must be done in total secret, since the public outcry would finish the careers of any involved scientist. Why would a serious scientist attempt to bring to a semblance of life to a body that no longer has any pulse? That is an easy question, in war most deaths are related to damage to the circulatory system, but if someone found a mean to ressurrect (for a few hours at least) a fallen joe so that it can continue to fight, then the tide of most battles could be changed. So the army of most countries would pay millions even for the remote chance (most revolutionary research comes up empy handed) of making their soldiers fight even after death. I do not mean to say that this is happening as we speak, but it makes this story in particular more logical
I was not implying that zombies spontaneously existed out of thin air but that, to my knowledge, as portrayed by the modern media, no zombies have ever existed after having been created through whatever means.

I'm also not stating that there is no scientific research being done with regards to zombification. Quite the contrary. A quick search of the Internet for "zombie research" pulls up a plethora of results (over 50,000,000), ranging from bizarre and ridiculous, to real scientific research at Ivy League universities. What I did state was the origins of zombification were not scientific in nature, but more magical and mystical in nature, as originally practiced by Haitian witch doctors.

Even the wikipedia article I quoted in my previous post describes research done by a Harvard scientist who traveled to Haiti and wrote two books on the subject of zombies.

Nonetheless, I do agree with you that there probably is, or has been, a great deal of interest in reviving the corpses of soldiers so that they could fight on. What commanding general wouldn't want to be able to recycle his dead soldiers?
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 07:37   Link #403
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Even the wikipedia article I quoted in my previous post describes research done by a Harvard scientist who traveled to Haiti and wrote two books on the subject of zombies.
Since you make the reference to Wikipedia, you can also check out Wikpedia's "science" definition.

The manga/anime makes the reference to movie, not Haitian origin. If you want to make the reference to undead soliders, you can find the information older than haitian origin. According to some mythology book, a king(a giant) from ancient British island led the attack to an Irish kingdom. He ad his men found their opponents could revive their soliders.

Episode 4 will show some hint of tragedy. It doesn't look good that Rea will stay "alive". Of course, she will stay alive. If she is finished, the show is about finished.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 08:11   Link #404
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
can she still get pregnant and give birth?
I think not, which is a tragedy (who would not want to make cute Rea babies) and a plus (who needs contraceptives then).

Quote:
if Rea can't feel pain, can she feel anything else?
It is clearly stated that albeit she feels no pain or heat/cold, she says the breeze that comes out of the window is nice, so she must retain a basic feeling of touch. Also, when she sew herself she was not seeing herself (thru a mirror) so she must feel the needle somehow, otherwise she could not have sewn herself properly.

Last edited by mangamuscle; 2012-04-28 at 22:16.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 09:14   Link #405
Essa Maneira
Tsukiko! ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
somebody should please make a Saten x Rea crossover pic now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
There is one, but it's R-18.
link it please~! i'm begging for it

HALA MADRID!
Essa Maneira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 21:33   Link #406
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

There nothing like sewing up your own wounds and that old dude is awesome
Old 2012-04-28, 21:42   Link #407
Shimapan
Try me! <3

I'm glad for Rea that she's free for the tyranny of her dad now.

However, Furuya is pretty daft. He saw Babu munching on hydrangea leaves when he llowed him the first time, and he saw him munching on those leaves when sitting on that tree, as pointed out by Rea, being normal with pupils again. He also knows that those leaves where an important (of not the most important) ingredient for that elixir.
Yet he still can't take a hint that Rea obviously needs those leaves? For shame...
Old 2012-04-28, 22:21   Link #408
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for Nyantype NSFW:

Spoiler for Megami nsfw:
They're both pretty much the same, but I'll give this one to Megami.

Zombie Rea has that creepy-ish smile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
... and still she is blushing
You're right, We must tell the King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
However, Furuya is pretty daft. He saw Babu munching on hydrangea leaves when he llowed him the first time, and he saw him munching on those leaves when sitting on that tree, as pointed out by Rea, being normal with pupils again. He also knows that those leaves where an important (of not the most important) ingredient for that elixir.
Yet he still can't take a hint that Rea obviously needs those leaves? For shame...
Hindsight, or Audience-vision, is a wonderful thing.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 23:56   Link #409
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You're right, We must tell the King!
Yonda?

Well it's just a jap thing, can't have a cute anime girl without some blushing
Old 2012-04-29, 09:51   Link #410
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

lol.... no offense folks, but I just had to laugh at the serious discussion about a blushing zombie I mean really? It's strange? I thought it's strange she can even talk, and see, let alone think, but hey, Furuya mixed some really funky stuff which we all don't know about, so I think a blushing zombie is the last thing we ought to be thinking about.

Like, what does she smell like?

It's not like I have a sniffing fetish!

Ahem, anyways, I love my avatar. Aria is such a nice woman, I wouldn't mind having a wife like her ah I mean look, she's so bouncy and full of life, I haven't seen such a beautifully animated girl since....that DxD Special #2 actually (thanks King )

By the way, the thought had occurred to me to try and bathe with printouts of my waifu's.................never mind.
Quote:
And this raises another question: if Rea can't feel pain, can she feel anything else? I mean, if Chihiro were to try and go all the way with Rea, can she experience all the feelings that come with it? And do we actually want to find out?
See everyone, that's the real question right there Would a zombie be able to say "More! More! Ikuuuuuuuu" *runs*

Quote:
Rea's dad is a real crackpot.
He sure is. That part in ep 03, when Aria invited him to a drink, and he declined, I was like what the heck man, if that was my wife, and she invites me wearing just a dress shirt and nothing down below, I'd have accepted her invitation faster than a heartbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
... and still she is blushing

Zombie-Rea owns living-Rea, but I will take Ranko anytime
Hey you, Wanko is everyone's Wanko

And yes, I am always looking forward to the Wanko scenes in each ep, just thought I'd admit that
Quote:
Hmm, I'm not sure about that, pal. If I walked into my room, and I saw a pretty girl lying on the floor naked with just a towel covering her special places, I really don't think I would remember anything other than each second that is passing by looking at her
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 10:08   Link #411
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
But then he'd start to wonder why gramps munches on them to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Hmm, I'm not sure about that, pal. If I walked into my room, and I saw a pretty girl lying on the floor naked with just a towel covering her special places, I really don't think I would remember anything other than each second that is passing by looking at her
Dude, rigor mortis. Not fun. Trust me on that one.
Spoiler:
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 10:43   Link #412
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Dude, rigor mortis. Not fun. Trust me on that one.
Spoiler:
You're a zombie?

But that's what I'm trying to get at, Furuya at least managed to start thinking about that, and checking her joints and stuff. Me, I'd have just enjoyed the pose and see what else she can do with just a towel

Er.... I'm not saying that I'm worse than Furuya, because I've never met a zombie before so what I mean is that if a girl was lying on the floor like that while speaking in such a soft, sultry voice, I would lie down beside her and look her in the eyes and.... what are we talking about again?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 10:54   Link #413
EroKing

Quote:
By the way, the thought had occurred to me to try and bathe with printouts of my waifu's.................never mind.
They'll get wet (no pun intended ) <-- you wanted me to make this obvious statement right?

Quote:
See everyone, that's the real question right there Would a zombie be able to say "More! More! Ikuuuuuuuu" *runs*
ooo my eroness must be increasing, I had the exact same thought

Quote:
That part in ep 03, when Aria invited him to a drink, and he declined, I was like what the heck man, if that was my wife, and she invites me wearing just a dress shirt and nothing down below, I'd have accepted her invitation faster than a heartbeat
This reminds me of the hatred towards certain characters from Guilty Crown who didn't die
I have a strong feeling Aria will get some development (not her body, those are maxed out ) and help her husband setting him straight. At the moment can't help but think he is gay for not hitting that
Old 2012-04-29, 11:17   Link #414
konart

Quote:
Er.... I'm not saying that I'm worse than Furuya, because I've never met a zombie before so what I mean is that if a girl was lying on the floor like that while speaking in such a soft, sultry voice, I would lie down beside her and look her in the eyes and.... what are we talking about again?
I bet you never seen real dead bodies, right?
Old 2012-04-29, 15:16   Link #415
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
I bet you never seen real dead bodies, right?
Either way, this dead body is different. If she didn't say she was all stiff and unable to move, I can easily see how Chihiro could confuse that for Rea just showing of her sexiness.

And I dare say that the massive exposure of Rea's (half-)naked body makes me think in ways I probably shouldn't be thinking. Then again, there's a big difference being attracted to animated zombie girls, and genuine dead bodies. And the way Rea acted made her look very much alive still, so I don't think there's much to worry about with that.

Funny how this show can blend comedy, ecchi, and horror elements together and actually make it work.

Oh, and Wanko annoys me. Ten to one that she's the jealous type who's not going to take Chihiro's relationship with Rea without a fight, even more so when she learns she's a zombie.
Old 2012-04-29, 15:41   Link #416
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Oh, and Wanko annoys me. Ten to one that she's the jealous type who's not going to take Chihiro's relationship with Rea without a fight, even more so when she learns she's a zombie.
Isn't there always one like that?
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 20:50   Link #417
mochichan

Quote:

MTE...
I can't stand those type of women. Tho let be honest how well is her chance with Furuya...She's his cousin..come on...

Rea might be dead but if he have to pick, obviously the zombie one, not his cousin.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 21:02   Link #418
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
MTE...
I can't stand those type of women. Tho let be honest how well is her chance with Furuya...She's his cousin..come on...

Rea might be dead but if he have to pick, obviously the zombie one, not his cousin.
Japanese don't seem to have that much of a problem with...cousin relationships.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 21:15   Link #419
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Japanese don't seem to have that much of a problem with...cousin relationships.
Is it really a real thing in society or just anime kinda things?
I don't hear about it from my friend....tho she only live in Tokyo so she might not know these situations. It sound like stuffs that happen more in the countryside of any country..

damn...D:

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-04-29 at 21:39.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 21:31   Link #420
moshika

It is legal for cousins to marry in Japan.
The frequency of cousin marriages in Japan is about 4 in 1000.
moshika is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural, zombie moe, zombies