AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-29, 13:00   Link #1
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

Orochimaru's Origin?

Does anyone know what bloodline he is or if his origin is of anything special? Hes the only snake like looking person ive seen so far. So is it because he signed a contract with the snakes in order to summon them? That could be true but Jairaya doesn't look like a frog (unless you count the clothes he wears makes him look frog like) and Tsunade doesn't look like a slug and Anko even though she may not know the jutsus well enough doesn't look snake like either. So I don't think the contracts have anything to do with it. If someone has an exact answer then I wasted my time typing all of this out. Anyone have an idea?
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 14:20   Link #2
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Nobody knows, he's just snake-like.
I dont think his apparance has anything to do with a bloodline or nothing.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 14:40   Link #3
quibble_savant

His skin color is probably from doing all those human expiraments in coll, dark, and damp places and we all know he is the king of forbidden jutsus which is why he does all those snakelike techniques.
quibble_savant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 14:41   Link #4
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Orochimaru's origins date back a land without Ninja, INstead..they worshiped gods. They called themselfs Catholics.

it was here Orochimaru discovered his taste for young boys, under the teachings of his pastor.

Then he moved to the fire country, and became who we know today.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 14:44   Link #5
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Quote:
Originally Posted by quibble_savant
His skin color is probably from doing all those human expiraments in coll, dark, and damp places and we all know he is the king of forbidden jutsus which is why he does all those snakelike techniques.
Nope, he was white since he was a kid.
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 15:11   Link #6
OniLink742
Hidden Pimp Villiage Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
They called themselfs Catholics.

it was here Orochimaru discovered his taste for young boys, under the teachings of his [b[pastor.[/b]

Being as I am Catholic...I know all too well what pastors teach. XD So yea...That would be about right about Oro's origin, Komataguri. XD
OniLink742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 16:40   Link #7
quibble_savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme
Nope, he was white since he was a kid.
That is what leads me to believe he started off disecting animals at a young age. After all the 3rd did state he saw the bad in those eyes early on but thought he could change him.
quibble_savant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 20:45   Link #8
Mezu
The Guardian

I believe Orochimaru is a legendary person in the Japanese/Chinese culture... not 100% sure, samething with Jiraiya and don't know about Tsunade...
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 20:56   Link #9
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezu
I believe Orochimaru is a legendary person in the Japanese/Chinese culture... not 100% sure, samething with Jiraiya and don't know about Tsunade...
Hehehe, I think the poster was thinking more along the lines of his origins in the anime.

I dont think Orochimaru actually existed, but he along with the other two Sannin are characters in the book, "Jiraiya Goketsu Monogatari".

Here's a little more info on the roles they played: Young Thunder
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 21:11   Link #10
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega98767
Does anyone know what bloodline he is or if his origin is of anything special? Hes the only snake like looking person ive seen so far. So is it because he signed a contract with the snakes in order to summon them? That could be true but Jairaya doesn't look like a frog (unless you count the clothes he wears makes him look frog like) and Tsunade doesn't look like a slug and Anko even though she may not know the jutsus well enough doesn't look snake like either. So I don't think the contracts have anything to do with it. If someone has an exact answer then I wasted my time typing all of this out. Anyone have an idea?
I don't know if the manga readers has learned anything new about Oro-sama but in the anime it was never made clear about his origin. The air of mystery that surrounds Oro-sama is just one of many aspects help describe his charm. If speculation is way to go then Komataguri's speculation might not be too far away from the truth. By the way, I couldn't see Oro-sama as "snake like looking". Sure he is pale, has reptillian eyes, can flex his body part and has a slithering stretchable multi-purpose tongue, but surely those characteristic do not downplay his normal-looking appearance. In one flashback in the anime, when the Sannin were young, Oro's complexion and physical appearance looked to be the same as his present appearance. All we know so far is that he is one of the genius or anamoly like Itachi that comes along once in a life time.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 01:52   Link #11
PsiNide

It is probably just me, but did Oro get his snake like ability from the body that he snatched?
PsiNide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 00:57   Link #12
xyrrus

I think Orochimaru is Michael Jackson's long lost son.
xyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 01:59   Link #13
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Orochimaru's origins date back a land without Ninja, INstead..they worshiped gods. They called themselfs Catholics.

it was here Orochimaru discovered his taste for young boys, under the teachings of his pastor.

Then he moved to the fire country, and became who we know today.
Orochimaru has a taste for young boys?
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 03:20   Link #14
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
Orochimaru has a taste for young boys?
Young boys with amazing bloodlines, to be exact.
Old 2004-11-01, 06:27   Link #15
sakura-san
Lee is such a player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
Hehehe, I think the poster was thinking more along the lines of his origins in the anime.

I dont think Orochimaru actually existed, but he along with the other two Sannin are characters in the book, "Jiraiya Goketsu Monogatari".

Here's a little more info on the roles they played: Young Thunder
coincedence? or rape?

does oro, or any of the sannin, have a clan name? like Uzumaki and Uchiha, as a matter of fact.. do all powerful characters loose there clan name, eg. Hokage, Sarutobi, Yodamine....
sakura-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 06:57   Link #16
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-san
coincedence? or rape?
What?

Quote:
does oro, or any of the sannin, have a clan name? like Uzumaki and Uchiha, as a matter of fact.. do all powerful characters loose there clan name, eg. Hokage, Sarutobi, Yodamine....
Its never stated whether the Sannin or the Hokages have clan names, but Im positive that they all do. The reason why theyre never mentioned is probably because its unimportant to the story. At least for now.

* The Third, Im a little unsure about. I have no idea whether Sarutobi is his first or his last name.
Old 2004-11-01, 10:43   Link #17
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-san
I think their clan names weren't stated to give the sannin a more 'mystic' air about them, they, after all, the sannin of the Naruto universe

This is very irrelevent. The sannin's clan names weren't given due to the fact that some bored conspiracy-minded otaku would compare the sannin's clan names with some of the excisting characters and proberbly even argue vehemently with other otakus about blood-ties or relations between the characters which would proberbly never be proven.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 12:14   Link #18
Wisely

Orochimaru is just the result of a human and snake falling in love...

Does he need to perform seals to sumon snakes? It seems like he just need to smear blood on his hand to summon.

How did he summoned snakes if seals are needed when his hands are sealed???
Wisely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 12:26   Link #19
kmaasmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisely
Does he need to perform seals to sumon snakes? It seems like he just need to smear blood on his hand to summon.

How did he summoned snakes if seals are needed when his hands are sealed???
if you look at his arm in the chunin exam when he summons the snake against naruto, the "contract" type seal appears to be tatoo'd on his arm (this is also shown during the sannin fight)

fir your second question, look how kabotu and oro summoned Mando (or whatever the Boss Snake's name is) at the end of the sannin fight. that should answer your questions.
kmaasmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 12:33   Link #20
kboykb

Kabuto summoned them for him. Orochimaru was used as the base for the summon, as in his chakra was used, and Kabuto performed the seals for the snakes to be summoned.
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote