AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-03-06, 01:54   Link #141
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

When you get to watch a new One Piece ep once or twice every month (if not every other month)...The intricacies of Chopper's voice kinda get lost in the nothingness...I have noticed it is different, but it hasn't bothered me because it doesn't sound "so different" or "so bad" that it has illicited a negative reaction from me...
Old 2006-03-06, 11:39   Link #142
monir
cho~ kakkoii

z00mg!! A theme song for Usopp and he was singing it. Is there anything Usopp can't do other than trying to act angst? Haven't seen such a good humor in a while in OP. One thing is confusing me since the last episode about Usopp's mask. Though Chuixupu gave me a huge hint, I still need to confirm the following:

- Is Usopp playing a role here willingly, or is he under the influence of the mask, meaning, the mask has taken over Usopp who is now known as Sogeking?

Yes or No would suffice.

Finally, the other topic: Nami-chwaaaaaaan. gulp. I'm really really hoping Nami-chwaaaaaan won't have a change of outfit until Sanji-kun sees it and sings, "Melorin~~ Melorin~~".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
I'd like to point out that the official One Piece site still says Ikue is ill, not pregnant. I don't know where ANN got their info from. It could be either, I suppose. Ikue isn't exactly a spring chicken.
If she is indeed pregnant, the bigger mystery is: whose baby she is carrying? in all probability Ohtani-san's baby might be Usopp's. She must had seen this mask-of-Usopp before us and was charmed enough to throw away her defense. The timing of events that took place is perfect to support this hypothesis. Or, it could be Chopper ITself to prove, IT is indeed a man once and for all. Chopper must have played IT's cuteness-card effectively on Ohtani. The shroud of mystery won't unveil until there is a baby. Assuming the father figure will have the dominant gene in this case,

- the baby either has a long nose and holding a mask, or

- has a blue nose and has enough medical knowledge to cut the umbilical cord itself.

The third possibility doesn't exist in my book.

P.S. Almost forgot that in my humble opinion HiNo is one of the best reviewer/describer/poster of Asuki. Take that HiNo. Feel the wrath of my opinion.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 11:49   Link #143
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

To your Usopp question... Yes

Seriously, it's the first option.
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 14:27   Link #144
AMS

Well its a big change for me to have choppers voice actress gone for a while, since he is one of my favorite characters.
AMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 15:09   Link #145
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

omg, i almost thought Sogeking song was the new Opening.
It was a good intro-

His voice sure does sound different.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 15:22   Link #146
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
As for Ussop (sorry Chuix-chan), but his latest shananigans are boring me...Just let him sit on top of the train for the next few eps or so, please...
Shit...you're the first person I have EVER encountered on ANY forum, even people who normally hate Usopp, who doesn't totally love the Sogeking stuff. How bizarre.

Quote:
Anyways atleast we get some Lucci and REAL BADGUYS' discussions next ep...I wish I could Quantum Leap to a future version of myself that has finally finished this arc...Don't think I can take all this waiting...
Then start reading the manga. XD Or just take a brak and wait until it's finished before you start watching again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Is Usopp playing a role here willingly, or is he under the influence of the mask, meaning, the mask has taken over Usopp who is now known as Sogeking?
Haha...the mask taking over is a funny idea, but no, Sogeking is an Usopp lie that he's living. His pride won't allow him to fight alongside the nakama that he left, but his compassion won't let him not do it.

Quote:
If she is indeed pregnant, the bigger mystery is: whose baby she is carrying? in all probability Ohtani-san's baby might be Usopp's. She must had seen this mask-of-Usopp before us and was charmed enough to throw away her defense. The timing of events that took place is perfect to support this hypothesis. Or, it could be Chopper ITself to prove, IT is indeed a man once and for all. Chopper must have played IT's cuteness-card effectively on Ohtani. The shroud of mystery won't unveil until there is a baby. Assuming the father figure will have the dominant gene in this case
LMAO. XD Ikue Ohtani has Chopper's baby! News at 11!
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 07:14   Link #147
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuix-san
Shit...you're the first person I have EVER encountered on ANY forum, even people who normally hate Usopp, who doesn't totally love the Sogeking stuff. How bizarre.
You act as if something tangible has been revealed...OK Ussop is in a mask ...Out of the blue he dips into his non-existent grab-bag and pulls out a new personality...It wasn't as if he gave a 5 min speech with dramatic background music explaining his latest insanity, it was a very quick morsal of visually essence...Sorry if I'm the only person on the Blue-Orb we call "EARTH" that wasn't really taken by a 20 second Ussop-to-the masked-"Goofsop" scene...This arc is moving slow enuff without another Ussop mental dillema (Is it impossible to believe I wasn't enchanted by that scene??)...Wow you even said "$hit" to me which denotes you're somewhat agitated by my POV...I've always like Ussop, but in Water 7 with all his whining and now the potential for more eccentric behavior (as if he wasn't already a medical case) is taking away from what I want to see (Which is just my opinion and nothingmore)...I did say I liked the last 2 eps remember that...
Old 2006-03-07, 15:59   Link #148
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Oy vey, settle down there. I said shit because I was amused, actually. You do seem to be rather alone in the opinion, though. I'm more annoyed at all the Usopp/Sogeking fan bandwagon jumpers since the chapter appeared about a year ago. Everyone's like, "OMG Usopp needs to stay Sogeking FOEVUH" and then they get annoyed when he acts like Usopp normally acts. Well, be prepared to live with Sogeking in the anime for probably another whole year.

No complains for me here. This IS what I like seeing in One Piece.
Old 2006-03-07, 17:41   Link #149
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I thought the Sogeking apearance was BADASS mainly because Usopp himself is a badass. What I especially loved was the music for his intro.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 18:24   Link #150
striderm
Adusa #1

Subs are out for people that care.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 10:48   Link #151
Forever
Revealing the truth

Nearly died laughing. Sogeking was damn funny. Especially the utterly stupid song....
Old 2006-03-09, 10:50   Link #152
Forever
Revealing the truth

Double post. Please delete.
Old 2006-03-09, 17:13   Link #153
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Episode 258 was so damn funny and awesome that I can forgive the 3 minute recap at the begining. Seriously the SogeKing theme song had me laughing uncontrolably for a couple minutes!

Now I can't get the song out of my head!

Then it was nice to get to see a little bit of action and see the show setting up some fights for the next couple episodes!

Spoiler:
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 09:39   Link #154
Nico

haha i thought it was hilarious after the opening ussop was just singing the song to himself
Nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 15:20   Link #155
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Hehe, the sentai-ish video and song was like, the greatest reason for the anime's existance ever. There obviously was nothing quite like it in the manga version, he just sang the song (like in the part afterwards) and Franky and Sanji are like "WTH?" XD
Old 2006-03-11, 13:05   Link #156
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
haha i thought it was hilarious after the opening ussop was just singing the song to himself
Usopp actually was singing to himself all the time. We, the audience, was fortunate enough to get a visual glimpse of what was going inside of Usopp's head while he was singing the song to himself. Seriously, I also thought that was going to be the new opening. It would have been so cool if it indeed was the new opening.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 10:15   Link #157
striderm
Adusa #1

You just know that the voice actor will be doing a full character song for that now. xD
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 12:35   Link #158
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Yes, we definately need a character single for Sogeking from Yamaguchi-san.

259 is out in Japan, but not yet online. I saw some screencaps, the art looks very nice in this episode.
Old 2006-03-12, 14:42   Link #159
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep 259:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 15:34   Link #160
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus
Spoiler for ep 259:
Btw, in case anyone who only watches the anime is wondering why Sanji is suddenly doing what he's doing:
Spoiler:
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote