AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-11-18, 11:24   Link #3041
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Aaaand somehow this girl also has a relation to Ancient Belka.

Ancient Belkans have been popping out of the woodwork everywhere, don't they?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 12:04   Link #3042
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
While we haven't released the chapter yet, I have seen the translation. Hayate is quite concerned about so many people with such connections gathering.
Old 2013-11-18, 12:30   Link #3043
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Aaaand somehow this girl also has a relation to Ancient Belka.

Ancient Belkans have been popping out of the woodwork everywhere, don't they?
I'm okay with me Ancient Belkan history and characters being fleshed out. I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff but this is more like the Old Belka rather than "ancient". I hold a silly wish of seeing me about truly ancient belkan backstory being revealed (the times of of the Wolkenritter where the book was young which seems to be far older than the Saint Kaiser's era).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 00:45   Link #3044
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Well, at least 50 shows that Vivio did learn something from Yuuno. (I think, due to the chain that was used on witch girl. It was casted far too fast for it to be Nanoha's teaching)

... Keroko, I take it back. Fabia's adult mode was just fanservice. Hell, the small flashback to Belkan time show that the Fabia of back then have cat ears.

Well, at least somebody fix up the place.

Also, for some reasons I see Yuuno and Hayate meeting somewhere after this with the latter apologizing and the former waving it off as "Another Tuesday".
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 01:20   Link #3045
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
While we haven't released the chapter yet, I have seen the translation. Hayate is quite concerned about so many people with such connections gathering.
You mean the crack "TSAB is actually run by an Old Belkan descended Oligarchy" theory that certain parts of the fandom indulge in?

I wonder whether we would see a male descendant of an Old Belkan nobility from Kaiser Olive's time..... there's an unrealistic proportion of females. I also noticed that most of these descendants tend to be apparently quite wealthy - one wonders how influential (both economically but also politically) are the surviving Belkan nobility descended families are in the TSAB.

Once again, Vivid hints at a much more complex world-building behind the fanservice and reminds its readers that the TSAB is built upon the post-apocalyptic wreckage of Belkan civilization. And certain powerful child-mages in the TSAB from families who can trace their roots to Ancient Belka, can still remember much about what came before the TSAB. I can imagine if these children establish strong friendships with each other, unfortunately, they becomes a potentially worrisome political force, as they become older, from a cynics view, especially since all of them inherited much of the memories of prior rulers that predated the TSAB, with all the political experience and savvy (and the experience of failures) that that would likely imply.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 20:31   Link #3046
Justin_Brett

She has cat ears because
Spoiler:
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 21:27   Link #3047
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
She has cat ears because
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 21:51   Link #3048
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
She has cat ears because
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-19, 22:48   Link #3049
Justin_Brett

Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-20, 04:45   Link #3050
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
She has cat ears because
Spoiler:
Actually, there was a cat-eared person in StrikerS, on the airport when Signum went to pick up Erio. We all just assumed it was a familiar (which it probably was at the time, but retcons, ho!)
Old 2013-11-20, 06:49   Link #3051
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Of course they could have all died out by present day too.
Old 2013-11-20, 08:32   Link #3052
Justin_Brett

Well,
Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-20, 10:54   Link #3053
novalysis

Quote:
Well,
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Out of respect:
Old 2013-11-20, 19:35   Link #3054
Justin_Brett

Yeah that's something to consider.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-20, 19:49   Link #3055
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Nanoha is a very dark multi-verse indeed, behind the loli antics.
Yeah, but we kind of knew that already, didn't we?

Season 1: Lovely child abuse. With whips. And chains. Let's just skip the cheap talk and call it child torture.
Nanoha A's: A bunch of guardians who up till now have lived terrible lives right up until they got destroyed with whatever planet they were on over and over and a master program who gets to remember it all. Oh, and obliterating an entire city was considered the Best Case Scenario if it ever went wild.
StrikerS: Little red-haired kid turns out to be a clone and gets captured by scientists and experimented on to the point he becomes rabid. Little girl gets cast out of her tribe for being too powerful for her own good. Girls created to be weapons, girl created for the sole purpose to be a key for an ancient battleship. Orphans! Orphans everywhere!

This series be dark, man.

Last edited by Keroko; 2013-11-21 at 05:24.
Old 2013-11-20, 22:27   Link #3056
novalysis

Quote:

Season 1: Lovely child abuse. With whips. And chains. Let's just skip the cheap talk and call it child torture.
Nanoha A's: A bunch of guardians who up till now have lived terrible lives right up until they got destroyed with whatever planet they were on over and over and a master program who gets to remember it all. Oh, and obliterating an entire series was considered the Best Case Scenario if it ever went wild.
StrikerS: Little red-haired kid turns out to be a clone and gets captured by scientists and experimented on to the point he becomes rabid. Little girl gets cast out of her tribe for being too powerful for her own good. Girls created to be weapons, girl created for the sole purpose to be a key for an ancient battleship. Orphans! Orphans everywhere!

Not to mention People Jars. Lots of people Jars.

Or worlds in the Dimensions with Civil Wars that probably make Sub Saharan African Civil wars look tame instead. And this is in one of the more peaceful eras in the setting.

How about young girls haunted by memories of ancestors who lived through periods that probably rival Warhammer 40K in grimdarkness.

It's not just the series that is dark. The setting itself is a sugar coat painted over a black hole.
Old 2013-11-20, 23:32   Link #3057
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:

I remember the ANN review saying the director has a fetish for kinky torture.... (and it got a C+)
Old 2013-11-21, 01:09   Link #3058
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
I remember the ANN review saying the director has a fetish for kinky torture.... (and it got a C+)
ANN Reviews should really be taken with a grain of salt. They have been wrong on multiple accounts such as in their review of A's or To Aru Majutsu no Index (The Hyouka Arc was not freaking filler!) for example.

The series pretty much established the setting as a dark core painted over thinly with bright colors (PINK!!) as soon as Precia Testarossa and the TSAB were introduced.
Old 2013-11-21, 01:33   Link #3059
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
ANN Reviews should really be taken with a grain of salt. They have been wrong on multiple accounts such as in their review of A's or To Aru Majutsu no Index (The Hyouka Arc was not freaking filler!) for example.

The series pretty much established the setting as a dark core painted over thinly with bright colors (PINK!!) as soon as Precia Testarossa and the TSAB were introduced.
I'm just picky with the reviews. A's did get a B+ though.
Old 2013-12-04, 07:46   Link #3060
mechdra

Chinese scan for Memories 451 is out a 2 weeks ago. There are tons of fanservie like usual and also flashback. Fabia's ancestor seems to be either a fox or a dog girl (Dog Days crossover?) that Klaus take in as a pet.

Jeremiah is a boy that Olivie met on her way to Shura,
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vivid