AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-28, 03:54   Link #81
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yeah cheers to Huzzah the only downside my laptop doesn't play H264 due to graphic Card clash . So I will have to sit and re-encode them : D But its great news in general I was waiting for subs of this series for too long . And whichever series I have liked in the past has been hated by subbers from Wanagan to Kitaro so this time, finally lady luck shines on me
Old 2009-02-28, 04:10   Link #82
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
So sad for episode 4...

Spoiler for Norma's kid:

PS - IIRC, her surname's Nguyen. Most likely she's of Vietnamese descent. And yeah, most of the Blademen are of foreign origin, except Saiki I guess. Probably a halfie since his surname's Cryde (or probably Clyde).

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 04:21   Link #83
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
So sad for episode 4...

Spoiler for Norma's kid:

PS - IIRC, her surname's Nguyen. Most likely she's of Vietnamese descent. And yeah, most of the Blademen are of foreign origin, except Saiki I guess. Probably a halfie since his surname's Cryde (or probably Clyde).
Her surname's Nguyen? Hmm... Norma isn't a normal name for a Viet either, so I'm betting she's mixed as well. (And Vietnamese AFK are not so hot.)
Anything on Rudra? Nevermind, I will wait for next episode.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 04:24   Link #84
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Saw it on the website. Yeah, that's her surname. Not sure if Saiki's surname is Cryde or Clyde.

But I did notice that the names of the Japanese AGS personnel including Kariya and Haruki are spelled as katakana and not in kanji/kanji and hiragana mix.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-02-28, 05:06   Link #85
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Saw it on the website. Yeah, that's her surname. Not sure if Saiki's surname is Cryde or Clyde.

But I did notice that the names of the Japanese AGS personnel including Kariya and Haruki are spelled as katakana and not in kanji/kanji and hiragana mix.
Hmm... Even Oguma Sr.'s name is in katakana, I'm using him as a benchmark since he's the oldest character (presumably). That could be quite significant. After all, we don't know where exactly Viper's Creed is set. Divercity (a play on Diversity City I expect) could be anywhere at all. Though I suspect it was built over the ruins of old Tokyo, like in many other post-apocalyptic anime.

The katakana might mean that globalisation has caused the decline of the Japanese/Chinese language to being purely phonetically structured.
Old 2009-02-28, 05:36   Link #86
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Most likely I guess. A lot of the locals are out of the jobs and those who work in the downtown of Daiva City get the good ones. Probably a downturn to globalization.

Seems that AGS has Maneuver Blades for the bike units and an anti-explosives division. I'll wait for the day that AGS has a tactical team.

Old 2009-02-28, 06:17   Link #87
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

I bet Rudra moonlights as part of that team for some extra incentive.
Old 2009-02-28, 14:27   Link #88
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
What bothered me a lot of this series military setting is lack of helicopter gunships. They can do better job than maneuver roids.
Old 2009-02-28, 14:32   Link #89
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
What bothered me a lot of this series military setting is lack of helicopter gunships. They can do better job than maneuver roids.
Um, they mention that overuse of weather control particles has made flight in any form hazardous or impossible.
Old 2009-02-28, 16:28   Link #90
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Yeah. Security forces will have to do without them unless they found a way around it.

Old 2009-03-01, 05:05   Link #91
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Decided to preview the RAWs for episode 5...

Spoiler for Rudra...:

Old 2009-03-03, 15:20   Link #92
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Norma and Rudra were really cool in ep 3 . Interesting episode and we have a better understanding why Saiki is so determined/possessed to destroy the terrorist mechas .A nice take on Saiki's past present and thought process.We get to know Saiki's psyche I finally got hang of the names feels proud. Some GFX again : )

Quote:

Old 2009-03-03, 15:53   Link #93
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
The episode with Norma was quite sad but showed how far parents are willing to go for their children. Her child will never know her but shes being raised by a loving family and is healthy and that alone is enough for Norma but it doesnt mean it didnt hurt her. Now we know why she was saving all that money for her child's future.

I would have never pegged Norma as a mom but man shes one good looking mom who can kick ass as a Blade men and you know what thats ok by me. Im still curious how the kidnappers put the connection together. I mean it seems the foster parents dont even know who the real mom is which i find surprising.

Im glad that some subs came out so i could get my fix. Waiting on the next round i guess we are going to to through the entire Vipers Teams past before we move ahead with the main story
Old 2009-03-03, 16:27   Link #94
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Episode 4 gave multitude of dimensions to Norma's character . Her lust for money is explained with upbringing of her daughter . Also Saki and the Chris have formed a bond about now .Chris has to be the conscience of the group . I think this is Saki's way of thanking Norma for her help last time . The good thing regarding the incident is, it brought Vipers together and now they are functioning well oiled group/unit. Rather than Lone Wolves as before .

I don't get why locals hate BladeMen they may be conniving mercenaries but still they are keeping the city and its folk safe . I don't expect any gratitude from the citizens but the hate/anger is unjustified IMO. Yes how Vipers business is done, leaves a lot to be desired but thats the bureaucracy functioning not Vipers themselves .

Episodes 3 and 4 interesting and more so insightful , regarding characters in question . On a lighter note my favorite crack pairing would be RudraXNorma reason being they just look good together . Goes to watch Episode 5 : D
Old 2009-03-03, 16:53   Link #95
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
The episode with Norma was quite sad but showed how far parents are willing to go for their children. Her child will never know her but shes being raised by a loving family and is healthy and that alone is enough for Norma but it doesnt mean it didnt hurt her. Now we know why she was saving all that money for her child's future.

I would have never pegged Norma as a mom but man shes one good looking mom who can kick ass as a Blade men and you know what thats ok by me. Im still curious how the kidnappers put the connection together. I mean it seems the foster parents dont even know who the real mom is which i find surprising.

Im glad that some subs came out so i could get my fix. Waiting on the next round i guess we are going to to through the entire Vipers Teams past before we move ahead with the main story
Not to mention the kidnappers escaped. I'm quite sure it was that terrorist group (Hound), or there'll be a 'surprise' and the terrorist group is funded by Arqon Security. Norma was saving so much cash GOLD, the company wanted it back.
And yes, Norma is a very, ahem, well-proportioned character. Pan-Asians really have the best looks (IMO anyway, and not counting those Nordic blondes).
Old 2009-03-03, 17:46   Link #96
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Static Icon Dump

Some freebies from Episode 4 ^__^

Quote:

Old 2009-03-03, 19:19   Link #97
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Yay, time for avatar change. *grabs the last pic*
Old 2009-03-03, 19:59   Link #98
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Episode 5 was awesome...

Spoiler for Episode 5 stuff:

Old 2009-03-03, 20:13   Link #99
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Episode 5

Didn't realize notice until now Rudra was the Sniper of vipers. Rudra and Norma certainly do have chemistry Fu FU Fu . I was under impression Viper's were out of jurisdiction of Police like in the army . You need permission to prosecute an active service person . There was the Saiki incident but he never was arrested

Rudra partner is quite a looker , the funny thing is all the handlers are women that too bijin women All the Vipers have a dark past Saki Norma now Rudra seems like the organization has given them a second chance . But the director in charge of the Blademen with each passing week seems like a joke.

Personally I think Rudra had some sort of feelings for Maya .I don't think it was pure lust. Just a case of Rudra's past coming back to haunt him . I don't know what they had to settle Maya had a death wish at the hands of Rudra.I didn't get the reason there was a chance they could have been together .

It was a nice to see Sakiki had donned the mantel as leader of blade men. As I am fond of Rudra I enjoyed this episode immensely

Quote:

Some Icons more to come : ) also a Siggie ^__^

Quote:

Old 2009-03-03, 22:19   Link #100
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Rudra's Maneuver-Blade has a sniper rifle module attached. That's how one can tell him apart from the others.