AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-12, 04:40   Link #1001
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

I do really hate One Piece. The draws are the worst shit I've ever seen...

And what about the plot? A damned retarded who want to be the KING of PIRATES... hey come on that's just insulting.
Old 2010-04-12, 05:43   Link #1002
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Haruhi Suzumiya!

Endless eight ruined my life as well.
Old 2010-04-12, 08:18   Link #1003
Socke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post

And what about the plot? A damned retarded who want to be the KING of PIRATES... hey come on that's just insulting.
Finally someone who actually agree with me, sort of.

Actually I didn't hate the show that much. Most of my hatred goes to its fans. They are no better than those Narutards and Bleach-tards anyway. They just couldn't stop yelling how better OP than Naruto and Bleach despite still the same thing anyway, shounen cash cows.

Yes the anime and manga industries cannot survive if any of these shows didn't exist but the problem is those OP fans, mostly who are ex-fans of Naruto and Bleach treating the newer fans of those shows some sort of pariah and act like snobs.
Old 2010-04-12, 19:57   Link #1004
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I really hate Monster, at first I didn't feel ike watching until I actually saw an episode and I found it boring. I don't know why it is called the best thing ever because the only thing I see in Johann is that he is a pint sized version of Hannibal Lector crossed over with David Xanatos, things always goes as planned for this guy. I already see enough American movies with guys like Hannibal screwing over some poor chump and it is really boring to watch, I don't really like the Chessmaster types either whose plans never seem to fail.
Old 2010-04-12, 20:44   Link #1005
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socke View Post
Finally someone who actually agree with me, sort of.

Actually I didn't hate the show that much. Most of my hatred goes to its fans. They are no better than those Narutards and Bleach-tards anyway. They just couldn't stop yelling how better OP than Naruto and Bleach despite still the same thing anyway, shounen cash cows.

Yes the anime and manga industries cannot survive if any of these shows didn't exist but the problem is those OP fans, mostly who are ex-fans of Naruto and Bleach treating the newer fans of those shows some sort of pariah and act like snobs.
Well I'm also one of those snobs that puts OP a notch above Naruo and Bleach...Why? Well I think it's pretty simple...Unlike the other two OP has never obtusely made it's core fanbase (intensely) hate the show...I'm a Naruto fan who has despised that show at times (Although it finally good again)...I am a Bleach fan who currently despises that show..I've never felt anything close to that for OP and that's probably because of the overall integrity the show keeps at hand, even with filler-arcs...Yeah I'll complain about an arc being too long here or there, but for the most part I've never been made physically ill like I have for the other 2 shows...I mean being a Naruto and Bleach fan is a chore, being a OP fan in-comparison is just easy-street...

Additionally those who don't like OP's wonderful artistic slant, are the type I find that would eat Ranch Doritos at buffet filled with Top Chef h'orderves...Hey I like Doritos too...They're safe and you know exactly what type of flavor you're gonna get per munch, but dammit if I'm proud that's all I tried when there's so much more out there to be nibbled...

LOL @ dude who just put Bonclay pic up as if that represents the entire show...I'm sure I can find a fugged Kyuubbi pic or pathetic Ichigo mask if i tried hard enuff..Oh wait a minute those two things are pretty easy to find...
Old 2010-04-12, 22:20   Link #1006
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Unfortunately, it is hard to determine if One Piece's long-running streak is because it is popular or it is dragged along by request by Shounen Jump.

In either case, he is doing a good job at it.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-04-13, 03:31   Link #1007
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Well I'm also one of those snobs that puts OP a notch above Naruo and Bleach...Why? Well I think it's pretty simple...Unlike the other two OP has never obtusely made it's core fanbase (intensely) hate the show...I'm a Naruto fan who has despised that show at times (Although it finally good again)...I am a Bleach fan who currently despises that show..I've never felt anything close to that for OP and that's probably because of the overall integrity the show keeps at hand, even with filler-arcs...Yeah I'll complain about an arc being too long here or there, but for the most part I've never been made physically ill like I have for the other 2 shows...I mean being a Naruto and Bleach fan is a chore, being a OP fan in-comparison is just easy-street..
To be honest, I think that's because those that don't like One Piece will give up on it pretty quickly. I try to read One Piece and I just can't. It's just so horrible and pointless. It's actually a chore for me to read through One Piece. Likely others that don't like One Piece will feel the same way.

So technically Naruto and Bleach are actually better because even if you hate them you're still capable of reading/watching it, whereas in One Piece, if you don't like it, then it's practically unwatchable.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-04-13 at 09:42. Reason: typo
Old 2010-04-13, 09:51   Link #1008
A l l e l u j a h
Ultimate Cyber Newtype

Send a message via Yahoo to A l l e l u j a h
I really hate Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece.

Naruto and Bleach because of the endless fillers and my country's full of naruto and bleach fans and I'm sick of it. In addition, my preferred number of episodes should at least be a maximum of 50, and 100++ episode is to overrated. However, don't get me wrong I use to a fan of naruto and bleach but the fillers resulted to hating both shows.

One Piece because of the horrible drawings, I haven't tried the series though. However, seeing the animation made me think otherwise. In addition to the horrible drawings, it's to overrated like naruto and bleach.
Old 2010-04-13, 16:46   Link #1009
qwertyuiopz

Quote:

exactly why its on my wont watch list
Old 2010-04-13, 17:21   Link #1010
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

To think all the fun I've had watching One Piece and to stack OP's greatest episodes verses Bleach and Naruto's greatest eps, it just makes me smile...I won't admonish you guys, it's just sorta sad...My only true criticism of OP is that it's so damn popular in Japan it's never gonna end...The creator recently said it's barely half-way finished...More absolutely-terrible-with-no-redeeming-quality-whatsoever animation for me I guess(/sarcasm)...
Old 2010-04-13, 21:05   Link #1011
Xion Valkyrie

You know what else I'm tired of? Shows with the following setup:

Main male lead: Unassertive, 'normal', guy
Main female lead: Tsundere, abusive girl, antisocial, possibly loli
Main female rival: Shy, caring girl, with bib boobs and possibly yandere

GAAAAAAh. Can't they come up with something different? It's sooo annoying when I read/see a new manga/anime with this premise for the 3 main characters.
Old 2010-04-15, 03:13   Link #1012
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Naruto-It got boring after episode 20 or whatever last episode Haku and Zabuza were in
Bleach-never appealed to me
Inyuasha-"KAGOMEEE" "INYUASHAAAA" "KIKYOUUUUU" my friend made me marathon it with her D: worst 4 hours ever
Chu-Bra-I don't know how popular this is, but a girl obsessed with freakin undies and bras so much she decides to make a club is not my cup of tea.
Kurogane no Linebarrels- WHY DIDN'T THEY FOLLOW THE FREAKIN MANGA and it was riddled with stupid and pointless fanservice if you want to see fan service done right watch Code Geass especially episode 19 of R1.
Luck Star SD moe blobs are freaking disgusting

Last edited by Roloko vi Britannia; 2010-04-16 at 04:26.
Old 2010-04-17, 09:29   Link #1013
lozzychan

Naruto.. -_-
Old 2010-04-17, 10:46   Link #1014
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

Death Note- Never really understood what's so good about some guy who gets a book and kills criminals off...
Naruto- Do I really need to elaborate on this one?
Gundam- Just didn't like it.

Those are the ones I can come up with now at least. My head's all beat up just thinking about those three.
Old 2010-04-17, 13:20   Link #1015
lkplkplkp3

Naruto, Naruto & Naruto
Old 2010-04-17, 13:51   Link #1016
Skirata
That One Guy

Naruto - no explanation needed
Bleach - I could read the manga but that turned me off pretty quickly also
Pokemon - I liked the first two generation games but COME ON!
Old 2010-04-19, 05:51   Link #1017
Avid_Listener

One Piece and Naruto I will absolutely not watch. The only reason I'm watching Bleach is b/c i've seen so much of it that at this point it's more of an obligation to watch than a "b/c I generally enjoy this anime..." type thing. Other than those I'm not fond of the following for mostly trivial reasons (ie. character design, etc.): Clannad, Code Geass, Death Note, Haruhi, TTGL, Kanon (2006) and majority of the Gundam stuff.
Old 2010-04-21, 15:49   Link #1018
zbot

Send a message via AIM to zbot
Quote:

I agree. I cant stand one piece. The animation is absolutley terrible IMO. The story is ok but i cant stand the animation. Its really not that good.
Old 2010-04-21, 17:57   Link #1019
GreatTeacherKen

Although I like the original manga, I'm not very fond of the Marmalade Boy anime. I find it way too over the top when it comes to drama. While the manga is melodramatic too, it's not nearly as over the top as the anime, which adds a bombastic dramatic score and more dramatic emphasis in its animation. Instead of being moved, I found the effect unintentionally funny.

And I found the constant love triangle angst overwhelming; it's like every conflict in the show involves a love triangle of some kind to the point where it gets tedious. American characters aren't very well developed. To give an example:

Spoiler for Marmalade Boy america arc:
Old 2010-04-22, 07:20   Link #1020
Socke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Well I'm also one of those snobs that puts OP a notch above Naruo and Bleach...Why? Well I think it's pretty simple...Unlike the other two OP has never obtusely made it's core fanbase (intensely) hate the show...I'm a Naruto fan who has despised that show at times (Although it finally good again)...I am a Bleach fan who currently despises that show..I've never felt anything close to that for OP and that's probably because of the overall integrity the show keeps at hand, even with filler-arcs...Yeah I'll complain about an arc being too long here or there, but for the most part I've never been made physically ill like I have for the other 2 shows...I mean being a Naruto and Bleach fan is a chore, being a OP fan in-comparison is just easy-street...

Additionally those who don't like OP's wonderful artistic slant, are the type I find that would eat Ranch Doritos at buffet filled with Top Chef h'orderves...Hey I like Doritos too...They're safe and you know exactly what type of flavor you're gonna get per munch, but dammit if I'm proud that's all I tried when there's so much more out there to be nibbled...
This is the last time I tell everyone else, not just to you why I hated One Piece. Just one more time. I saved the best(or worst) for the last.

I already seen One Piece in 2001. How old is 2001? Bleach manga made its debut, Naruto is not yet animated, DBZ fanbase is still strong outside Japan and internet fansubbing is still very new. I already seen it even before 4Kids dubbed it and please stop saying that I hated One Piece because of 4Kids' version.

Actually I seen OP much earlier than Naruto(which came out in 2002) and Bleach(2004). I watched OP because there it is a good alternative to DBZ despite its poor animation quality in its first few episodes. However few couple years later when I saw Naruto and Bleach, I knew OP is just another cash cows that going to join Naruto and Bleach later and I was right. I stopped watching OP because I just don't want to be one of those cows.

Another thing I hate about OP is what it did to entire pirate subculture. Those people in OP(except the villains) are never pirates to begin with. Perhaps the most "pirate" protagonist is Nami because she steals and lies, like all pirates. Even that doesn't make her cool because she steals just to save her village. In fact those protagonists are explorers rather than pirates. It much like they claimed themselves as rockers but in reality they are rappers. Pirates and explorers are two different big things.

Finally the biggest nail in the OP's coffin is its fans, I mean the newer ones. As I said earlier most of its fans are snobby ex-Naruto and ex-Bleach fans while I already seen OP in 2001, before both shows ever existed as anime form. They just couldn't shut up why OP fillers are better than Naruto's and Bleach's while they aren't. They never stop calling people who still loves Naruto as "Narutards" even they are no better to those Naruto fans at all. They all cows that milked by evil Japanese businessmen anyway.
Closed Thread