AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2003-12-24, 11:33   Link #1
Rod1984

Chrono Trigger OVA

is that it, just a 16 minute episode? Are there more epsiodes that animesuke dont carry or is that one ova file the one one? How can they call it chrono trigger if chrono aint even in it, lame. Oh well
Rod1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-24, 13:07   Link #2
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

It was a one shot OVA. That's it. If you want more Chrono Trigger anime scenes, go play the Playstation version of the game.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-24, 21:40   Link #3
Rod1984

they made a playstation version? never knew about that, gotta go find that thing
Rod1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-25, 01:45   Link #4
sothis

the psx version has tons of bugs, load time is really slow, etc.

if you really want to enjoy the game, get the original version for snes, or play a rom.
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-25, 02:39   Link #5
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

The game actually behaved quite well if you ran it on a PS2 or a newer-model PSX. I'm rather appalled that you'd suggest an illegal method of playing the game over a perfectly legal one. It's a rather pointless suggestion too, as the original poster probably only wants to see more animated scenes.

Anyways - the clip was just a little bonus that appeared in either a convention or a magazine, I keep getting conflicting information about that.
Old 2003-12-25, 16:01   Link #6
sothis

Quote:
I'm rather appalled that you'd suggest an illegal method of playing the game over a perfectly legal one.
appalled? why? i actually am the largest advocate for playing the ORIGINAL games that there is. notice that i first said to get the snes version.

<--owns all original copies of all snes/nes rpgs, and will keep it that way. and/or, have never touched a rom.

but i still think someone would enjoy it much more without bugs, etc.. by playing the rom version over one which is notorious for having issues, slow load times, etc, in comparison to the original.

and a pointless suggestion? maybe you aren't paying attention.. but rod seemed interested in getting the version of the game, thus, i brought up the original, and the problems he might have with the new one. until he says otherwise ("i just want to see animated scenes"), i'll continue to try to give suggestions.
Old 2004-05-27, 16:05   Link #7
Chrono
Hero

Chrono Trigger Anime

I understand there is a 'Chrono Trigger' series or 'Movie' of some sort. I have only played the game (which is one of the best to SNES) and so I would like to see the series (?). Are they available on DVD? If so, where?
I got a poster with the game, drawn by Akira Toriyama. Have he drawn the anime to?
Chrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 16:06   Link #8
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

The only one I know of is a one ep OVA that you should steer far away from as it was really quite horrible.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 16:37   Link #9
7thMethuselah

the Chrono Trigger OVA on animesuki is about the worst thing ever, it is a complete waste of bandwith bits and bytes your time and my time. basically stay away from it...
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 16:42   Link #10
Chrono
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
the Chrono Trigger OVA on animesuki is about the worst thing ever, it is a complete waste of bandwith bits and bytes your time and my time. basically stay away from it...
I wasn't going to dowland it. So, are you saying it basicaly is a bad way of trying to make money? What is so bad about it, anyway?
Old 2004-05-27, 17:12   Link #11
7thMethuselah

well i saw it a long time ago, but I remember it being extremely childish, bad art, no story at all, laughable characters, ... well I hated it...
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 17:36   Link #12
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

I didn't think the OVA was THAT bad...i mean it was dissapointing...

All it is is a little side story about 2 chars from the game (i forget what their names are...i think one was a Nuu...and the other was that little creature you fight at the end of time...I think) and it just shows their little adventure during the carnival...

and the main chars show up for a sec at the very end....
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 02:49   Link #13
sothis

i found the ova to be quite amusing. some of the monsters from the games were in it, and hey, its very short anyways.

click this link and then the camera icon for screenshots, chrono:

http://www.anime-planet.com/animerec/467_blue.html
Old 2004-05-28, 11:18   Link #14
Chrono
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sothis
i found the ova to be quite amusing. some of the monsters from the games were in it, and hey, its very short anyways.

click this link and then the camera icon for screenshots, chrono:

http://www.anime-planet.com/animerec/467_blue.html
Yeah. Som it's only 15 minutes, huh? Is this in it?

http://kodaishi.nu/magus/gallery/ingame/magus.jpg

By the way, not be stupid or anything, but what's an ova?
Old 2004-05-28, 11:39   Link #15
sothis

no, its not. none of the human characters are in it... only some of the monsters that you'll surely recognize and laugh at (like the red guy who you beat up for silver points, and the bike monster you have to race).

ova means original video animation, it basically means released on video instead of shown on tv. ... usually ovas are shorter than tv series, sometimes just one episode.
Old 2004-05-28, 11:49   Link #16
Chrono
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sothis
no, its not. none of the human characters are in it... only some of the monsters that you'll surely recognize and laugh at (like the red guy who you beat up for silver points, and the bike monster you have to race).

ova means original video animation, it basically means released on video instead of shown on tv. ... usually ovas are shorter than tv series, sometimes just one episode.
I would love to see it. But, still I wonder where that picture is from - Magus standing atop of a cliff with his mighty sctythe.

Original Video Animation. OK, thanks.
Old 2004-05-28, 16:33   Link #17
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

That's probably from the playstation version of Chrono Trigger...I haven't played that version...but it does have anime cut scenes...
Old 2004-05-28, 17:03   Link #18
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
I didn't think the OVA was THAT bad...i mean it was dissapointing...

All it is is a little side story about 2 chars from the game (i forget what their names are...i think one was a Nuu...and the other was that little creature you fight at the end of time...I think) and it just shows their little adventure during the carnival...

and the main chars show up for a sec at the very end....
The big blue creature is indeed Nu, the creature that was blowed in the past in the game and that we can see in any period of the time, including the after-Lavos.
And the little creatures looks like the second form of the guy that claim himself as 'the Master of All Wars' or something like that in CT, so I guess you've got all it
Old 2004-09-05, 12:07   Link #19
Guding

Chrono trigger anime

I played The game Chrono trigger to Snes and thought it was a great game. But then a couple of weaks later i found out that the characters in Chrono trigger had been drawn by Okira toriyama and i also found out that there had been a anime aired in japan. I have tried to find a fansub or at least a realease of this anime but without results. So I wonder if anyone know anything about this anime and if there has been a fansub of it. And then i don't mean the funny "gag"-anime that was made in one episode.
Guding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 12:15   Link #20
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

I don't think there was any other anime besides the OVA (i could be wrong though)...but you can always play the playstation version...in that one they added animated cut scenes which looked pretty good last time i checked

Reading your post just brought back old memories of another thread a while back

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...chrono+trigger