AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-17, 17:04   Link #2681
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
A review of a person, that did not finish the show until the end, is not credible at all. This is almost as bad as someone only playing the alpha version of a game and then writing a review for the polished game.
This argument have been already discussed in the previous discussion-posts long ago. Just review it again. It's in here somewhere. I know it since I was part of it.
Old 2013-11-17, 17:22   Link #2682
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Well, if it is clearly shown that the reviewer did not watch the complete show, then it is ok. I only criticize about reviews that are not marked as "viewer dropped the show midway" or something like that

And checking all 135 pages of this thread? Sry, but I pass
Old 2013-11-17, 17:28   Link #2683
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
I really REALLY wanted to like Nagi no Asukara. I really did. It just seemed so sweet and interesting once its full premise was revealed. But I kept on debating whether I should watch it or not because I was afraid they might shoehorn in some pointless fondling scenes, so I decided to wait...and I was right, so I've decided to stay away from it (but if you like it, it's okay!). Unfortunately, just mentioning this has made people misunderstand and demonize me, which makes me mad. If you like it, it's okay! I'm not trying to stop anyone from watching it! It's JUST my opinion! PLEASE don't make a big deal out of it! I dropped SAO like this, but I picked it up again simply because I heard the English dub is good, and it is to an extent...though I still kinda don't like it.
I don't remember any breast fondling scenes from what I've watched so far.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-11-17, 18:27   Link #2684
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I don't remember any breast fondling scenes from what I've watched so far.
There was a brief breast fondling scene by the pool in episode 6.

It wasn't something I wanted out of a series with heavy drama and emotional appeals, but in fairness, it was very brief.
Old 2013-11-17, 18:47   Link #2685
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
I really REALLY wanted to like Nagi no Asukara. I really did. It just seemed so sweet and interesting once its full premise was revealed. But I kept on debating whether I should watch it or not because I was afraid they might shoehorn in some pointless fondling scenes, so I decided to wait...and I was right, so I've decided to stay away from it (but if you like it, it's okay!). Unfortunately, just mentioning this has made people misunderstand and demonize me, which makes me mad. If you like it, it's okay! I'm not trying to stop anyone from watching it! It's JUST my opinion! PLEASE don't make a big deal out of it! I dropped SAO like this, but I picked it up again simply because I heard the English dub is good, and it is to an extent...though I still kinda don't like it.
I definitely understand getting turned off by a scene like that (particularly in a show with a lot of heavy drama and emotional appeal). That being said, it's the only blatant ecchi-fanservice I can recall seeing in Nagi no Asukara so far.

If somebody watches all of it, and came back to you and told you that there's not much fanservice the rest of the way (and also that it's a good show throughout), would you consider picking it back up?
Old 2013-11-19, 13:57   Link #2686
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
I promise you, you have nothing to fear. It's really not ecchi at all and it shouldn't be missed.
Old 2013-11-19, 22:53   Link #2687
BeyondTheGrave007
anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Care to explain why you didn't like it?
I really enjoyed how the concept of immortality feels different from other shows that also boards with the same theme, it packs a surreal fantasy setting with some religious beliefs and even though it was very confusing in some plot points and the fact that one of the arcs serve little purpose to the story (if one have seen the entire show, you know what I'm talking about), it wasn't bad at all for me though it's not made for everyone and I have a few problems with the show personally.
I finished the anime a couple days ago and I have too change my opinion. I enjoyed it, but the problem is it's really boring in the beginning. I really enjoyed the character designs, so pretty. The ending had me dripping in tears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Since when does everyone seem to like Sunday without god?
Most of the people I know that watch anime always talk flawless stuff and saying how amazing the anime was. So, I kind of thought everyone likes it haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
To be honest same here, even though Ai was cute.
I'm not going to lie.. she's super adorable.
Old 2014-02-28, 15:55   Link #2688
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Schools Days is bearable if you go in with the right mind set, that is, you know you're watching a piece of crap, and you do it for shits and giggles, that worked for me, at least.
Old 2014-03-09, 16:33   Link #2689
JasinElric
JasinElric

Send a message via AIM to JasinElric
Lucky Star. Hate is a strong word, I don't think I really hate it, but with all the rave coming from my sister and her friends, I just felt kinda strange after watching it. There's just so many amazing Anime worth raving about, but Lucky Star... come on.
Old 2014-03-10, 19:24   Link #2690
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Ef - a tale of memories- this is a horrible anime with awful characters. Shaft was tryin be all crative and symbolic and whatnot with the animation and the scenes but some of it was sO annoying and just trying hard( I loved my despair teacher anime ). It was melodramatic and the anime just nnoyed me and to think people to think this is romance or that people proclaim it as one of the best romance anime ever is just shudder-inducing. It was really boring and the angsting was more laugh inducing than empathy inducing. My biggest grievance with the show was thr guys hairstyle. that pissed me off the most lol. People rave about it but I think your decision to watch it should come down to do I want to watch an anime based on an eroge. I wouldve never even attempted to watch this show and ignored all the people praising the show if i knew that fact. i do not know if there are anime based off eroge that are actually good but this is not one of them. i hav seen at least one anime thats based off a non-eroge ( i just wanted to clarify lol ) game that was actually good btw. I found some good negative reviews on MAL but they seem to be really positive reviews for the most part. It's one of those shows that I do not understand why people like it along with fma and love hina. Some shows. I don't like but I can see why it's appealing to somebody else but some shows I do not get it

Last edited by xxanimefan4_ever; 2014-03-10 at 19:42.
Old 2014-03-10, 20:28   Link #2691
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I swear I'm gonna get a lot of hates for saying but my is pick is Sword Art Online, the Japanese Twilight. I can't stand Asuna and I hate Kirito, hell I even pick Haruto from Valvrave over Kirito anytime of date.
Old 2014-03-11, 10:02   Link #2692
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I swear I'm gonna get a lot of hates for saying but my is pick is Sword Art Online, the Japanese Twilight. I can't stand Asuna and I hate Kirito, hell I even pick Haruto from Valvrave over Kirito anytime of date.
Sword Art Online... You know, when that show started out, I thought it seemed really damn good. The first few episodes did a fantastic job of setting the mood and getting me invested... Then came all the random one-off adventures with random moe girls falling heads over heels for our hero... Then came the gradual realization that absolutely everyone in the show who isn't Kirito, is absolutely useless and everything they ever do seem to just be specifically designed to make Kirito look better... Then came the realization that Kirito has absolutely no discernable personality and is about the most blatant Gary Stu ever... Then came the conclusion to the first arc which was just so phenomenally stupid that it literally left me wanting to scream "BULLSHIT" at the screen... And I gave up on the show shortly after that.
You know, a friend of mine once mentioned that he hadn't watched any anime since SAO, simply because that show was so devastatingly awful that it damn near turned him off anime entirely. And I can see where he was coming from.
Old 2014-03-11, 13:11   Link #2693
RoboMambo

Whenever I read something on Princess Tutu, I feel like I watched a completely different show from everyone else. Even when I disaggre with people, usually I still understand where they come from, not so with this one. For one, everyone gushes over the story-within-a-story element, but the show does absolutely nothing with it, it just drops it there, and I'm expected to think it's smart, but it's nothing but window dressing. Is it ever used in an interesting manner? Is it at least used for some kind of meta-commentary? Does it ever become truly relevant? No, you could even remove the whole thing and the show wouldn't change in the least for it. It never goes beyond one character or another mentioning things about the story while the story goes on.
Spoiler for Princess Tutu:
Besides that, no character ever goes anywhere interesting, except Fakir, and the show is awfully episodic and repetitive, always the same jokes, same structure.

Oh, and totally agreeing on SAO. Although it was awful enough to be fun, so no way I'm missing season two.
Old 2014-03-11, 19:34   Link #2694
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

Same here for princess tutu. I was disappointed from all the praise like amazing magical girl anime. It was lacking in story and characters hence It was average/mediocre to me and I would never recommend it to a nonamgical shoujo fan even if they are there are betters ones out there imo.

Your phrase I feel like i watched a compltely different show totally describes my feeling towards tutu and ef and fma and love hina lol.
Old 2014-03-13, 04:10   Link #2695
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I've decided to put a close to both the "Anime you love but everyone else hates?" and "Anime you hate but everyone seems to like?" threads. The reason is because these threads do not really invite open/balanced discussion about the shows in question, as it sort of segregates "fans" from "haters" in an artificial way. In a way I suppose that can be somewhat cathartic, but it's also opposed to our overall objective of encouraging discussion and sharing of diverse opinions.

I'd encourage people to post their opinions about shows in the threads in question to invite discussion among others who watched the show. The Suggestions forum also exists to help people find shows they may like.