AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-12, 02:12   Link #1
Red_eyes

chrno's personality flawed?

How can a merciless spawn of satan such as Chrno become so soft-hearted? He has killed millions of his own race! He is a cold-blooded slayer. However, upon arrival in the human world, how did he suddenly become so compassionate? In the Christmas episode he even agreed to dress up as a reindeer which is absolutely preposterous. I just don't see how an infamous demon like Chrno can transition into someone who is so kind-hearted (even when he first met Rosette and Joshua) in such a short amount of time, especially when he has never known any love prior to meeting Rosette. Or, in the past, was he just one of those extremely rare jolly goodnatured demon that happened to enjoy ripping the heads off of other demons?

One last question: does Chrno drain Rosette's lifeforce by simply existing and maintaining his body? Also sometimes he gets mad and starts to gather some demonic power which causes the "seal" to shake violently as if it were to burst open. What is the deal with that? If he succeeds in breaking the seal by mistake and transforms into his real demon form, will he indefinitely drain all of Rosette's life? I'm only on episode 12... so please ignore me if these questions are answered later on. ^_^
Old 2006-04-12, 06:43   Link #2
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Chrno is a very unique demon. He is compassionate from the very beginning. Unfortunately, due to his demonic instincts, he tends to do things he will regret later when he loses his temper, hence the 'ripping off the heads of millions of demons'. The time he tear through his breathen, he was totally taken over by instinct, and this is something he normally doesn't do when he is not overwhelmed by very strong emotions.

In the beginning, he doesn't know love, but he does know friendship, and brotherhood (with Aion). He experienced love later when he met Mary Magdalene, and her death due to him draining her lifeforce was something that haunts him even till he met and fought alongside Rosette.

Chrno continues to drain Rosette's lifeforce as long as the contract stays on. However, when he assumes in true form, or when using his demonic powers, he will drain tremendous energy from Rosette, something he tried very hard not to do.

And yes, as long as he assumes his real form, Rosette's lifespan will shorten very tremendously and could pretty well kill her in just hours.
Old 2006-04-12, 11:35   Link #3
Red_eyes

awesome, that was exactly what i was looking for, thanks!
Old 2006-04-14, 12:20   Link #4
chrno9999

i think chrno's pretty weak in his true form. It's not worth it for him to drain life so quickly.

He's like a car which cannot use gas effectively.
Slow car that consumes lots of gas....

his ability sucked, and his fighting skill isn't that good, and he sucks life too fast
Old 2006-05-25, 11:55   Link #5
Aisu
Junior Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno9999
i think chrno's pretty weak in his true form. It's not worth it for him to drain life so quickly.

He's like a car which cannot use gas effectively.
Slow car that consumes lots of gas....

his ability sucked, and his fighting skill isn't that good, and he sucks life too fast
I half agree with that. But if he was truly good, then the ending would have had to be different, and those skills would not have matched accuratley with his passive personality.
Old 2006-12-01, 17:22   Link #6
mauler

He Has The Soul Of Mary Magdelene In Him! And He Knows He Cant Trust Demons And As Rosette Has Been So Nice To Him He Has Devoted His Life To Saving Humans Thus Givin Him A Human Soul! (sry Its In Caps My Keyboard Is Buggered )
Closed Thread