AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-07, 09:01   Link #1581
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Akali needs a target, this one might not. I'm expecting a triple skillshot ulti and all of her skills being like Taric's Dazzle.

B-b-but...they rawk! Usually underestimated too, most people go for a tanky dps mix, and it's usually the assassins who get dumped in the trash tier.
I dispute this, Akali, Talon and Fizz were all called OP at one point, they're all assassins.
Old 2011-12-07, 17:20   Link #1582
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I concur, assassins are generally OP in my point of view (especially Akali..) which leaves me crying in a corner when I lane against her.
Old 2011-12-07, 17:27   Link #1583
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Her ulti seems like Akali's mechanics. And she's AP carry.
I've been looking for a new AP champ to pick up(still like Nidalee, Kat, and lux but they need tweaks to be really viable imo), so makes me want to save for her even more.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 18:41   Link #1584
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoshuriken View Post
I dispute this, Akali, Talon and Fizz were all called OP at one point, they're all assassins.
Talon and FIzz are pretty new, haven't seen either in ranked yet. Akalis are very easy to counter though, and only shine early-game. If you deny her the early farm and kills, her usefulness drops dramatically in a teamfight, and it's very hard to rebound from that point on. Talon and Fizz seem more solid because they have a lot of CC at their disposal (silence, wounds, knock-up, sloooow) but they can't go toe to toe with your usual carries. As for how to fight Akali, I've always done it with casters - Galio, Zilean, Swain, Sona and even Taric, once.
Back to the point of assassins, see what people think of Urgot, Evelynn, Shaco and TF. Even though they're all very good imo, most people in my games frown upon these choices regardless of team comp.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 19:40   Link #1585
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

As soon as I saw the nine tails bit in the new champion Ahri, I thought that sounds familiar,Naruto anyone?(I know its based off the legend too). Please say they'll have a skin which is like the Naruto Nine tails, I don't think they would, its probably just coincidence that they used Nine tails.

Last edited by Ak3mi; 2011-12-07 at 20:53.
Ak3mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 20:10   Link #1586
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
As soon as I saw the nine tails bit in the new champion Ahri, I thought that sounds familiar,Naruto anyone?(I know its biased off the legend too). Please say they'll have a skin which is like the Naruto Nine tails, I don't think they would, its probably just coincidence that they used Nine tails.
It's not coincidence and I don't know how you got that idea. The nine-tails is based on the legend only and nothing else.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 20:52   Link #1587
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
It's not coincidence and I don't know how you got that idea. The nine-tails is based on the legend only and nothing else.
Yeah well I did say that it is based on the legend as well, but I thought they would use a theme like Naruto for design, but I saw the picture of Ahri and I was wrong My bad. Still will be interested on how she turns out. Coincidence should of explained what I meant, because I was just watching the Pein fight and then logged into LoL and the "Ahri, Nine tails Fox" was on my screen. My bad.
Old 2011-12-07, 23:18   Link #1588
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Talon and FIzz are pretty new, haven't seen either in ranked yet. Akalis are very easy to counter though, and only shine early-game. If you deny her the early farm and kills, her usefulness drops dramatically in a teamfight, and it's very hard to rebound from that point on. Talon and Fizz seem more solid because they have a lot of CC at their disposal (silence, wounds, knock-up, sloooow) but they can't go toe to toe with your usual carries. As for how to fight Akali, I've always done it with casters - Galio, Zilean, Swain, Sona and even Taric, once.
Back to the point of assassins, see what people think of Urgot, Evelynn, Shaco and TF. Even though they're all very good imo, most people in my games frown upon these choices regardless of team comp.
That's the problem with assassin type champions. You either get ahead, or fall behind in term of advantage depends on the outcome of your gank. There is no safe in-between place for them.

Kassadin is one I didn't see you mentioned. Akali is strong, so I'm not really sure why you think she's easy to counter. Assassin champions usually work like Poppy in team fight, as in getting to one of the most dangerous champion among the enemy team and let your team take the rest. In term of burst dmg, Akali take the best cake IMO.
Old 2011-12-08, 03:44   Link #1589
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

So I just watched Dignitas vs MYM, horrible quality stream, but the game was pretty good, one sided though.
Old 2011-12-08, 03:52   Link #1590
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Kassadin is one I didn't see you mentioned.
Well, I know of a very good Kass player who could rebound from the worst kind of early games, and even with little damage (for an assassin who is supposed to burst hard), he could maintain a lead for the entire game.
Quote:
Akali is strong, so I'm not really sure why you think she's easy to counter.
She needs to be close to make full use of her Q, and W costs a lot of energy, without protecting her from skillshots. I find her easy prey to skillshot champions, because they can punish her hard if she decides to engage too soon.
Quote:
Assassin champions usually work like Poppy in team fight, as in getting to one of the most dangerous champion among the enemy team and let your team take the rest. In term of burst dmg, Akali take the best cake IMO.
I'd say Poppy's got it down AP Poppy in particular, can kill any champion without fail, provided she has DFG and enough penetration. I still remember getting a Vlad down to 50% just with DFG, and taking out the rest with charge+hammer.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 04:47   Link #1591
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoshuriken View Post
So I just watched Dignitas vs MYM, horrible quality stream, but the game was pretty good, one sided though.
I agree, for a tournament called the World Cyber Game finals the stream quality is below acceptable.
Old 2011-12-08, 12:46   Link #1592
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

WCG rep isn't exactly pretty high, so I didn't expect much out of them tbqh.

And bah, wanted Dignitas to lose, but it was so one-sided. I guess I have to be content as of now that Dignitas got smoked like 29 to 9 or something by IG. Take that scumbags!

Looking forward to today's first match, which I hear will be CLG Canada vs CDE.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 23:10   Link #1593
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Ok, I offically hate WCG.
Game supposed to be on now, and lo and behold, we're watching Tekken 6. What is this crap?

Edit: Ok, so apparently Tekken is supposed to run for another half an hour or something, even though the other announcement said "Join us over on the main stage in 5 minutes for Canada vs. Italy!". Taco is not amused.
Old 2011-12-09, 04:20   Link #1594
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I am so glad that I fell asleep half an hour before the supposed beginning of the game ^_^
Old 2011-12-09, 08:19   Link #1595
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I am so glad that I fell asleep half an hour before the supposed beginning of the game ^_^
Eh, the wait was worth it I spose, it was a good match. Hotshot plays a damn good Cho'Gath.
Old 2011-12-10, 00:08   Link #1596
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Ahri Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

Well Ahri confirmed for next week, TF buff, tynd nerf, new runes(gp10 seals, Hybrid pen runes, lifesteal, spellvamp quints), and Strength of Singed will replace perseverance in the utility tree it seems.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 03:08   Link #1597
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I dunno if can call it Strength of Singed anymore... it's so deep in utility.

As for the changes, I'm looking forward to the Lux buffs not mentioned in the patch preview. I love Lux, but hate how she sucks right now especially when Morgana is better in almost every aspect.

And runes! I love runes, being a main jungler. That lifesteal runes combined with lifesteal masteries might make starting doran's blade a very good starting item now on certain junglers. Gp10 seals means an upgrade to supports, and hybrid pen is not bad. Only thing iffy though is spellvamp quints, as it's gonna be tough to replace flat AP quints for them. Maybe I can use them for Riven or something...

As for WCG, sad Canada lost 0-2 against poland, despite ripping IG a new one. But really, they played like SHIT, overextending too much and keep getting caught again and again despite having a good start in both games. They really deserved to lose; they don't look even near the form they had against the Chinese team.

Well, at least CDE won over Dignitas. Revenge so sweet, and I'm satisfied now whoever wins. Though I be rooting for CDE, or Korea in the finals if they so happen to win against CDE. Maknoon just too funny. XD

EDIT: Oh wait a minute... Korea lost to France? WTF? Well, CDE my last team to root for then lols.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 03:10   Link #1598
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I dunno if can call it Strength of Singed anymore... it's so deep in utility.
Strength of Ryze now.
And TF is being upgraded from melee to ranged, excitement (maybe).

And yeah, I stopped watching the CLG match half way through because of the poor play choices, if I felt like donning the tinfoil hat I'd say it was on purpose, but then again what is there to gain from losing?
Old 2011-12-10, 04:51   Link #1599
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The Hybrid Rune is certainly the most appealing to me right now. I won't have to constantly keep buying one type of rune when I can have two types to help better suit my champion? Will definitely spread out what runes are gonna be in guides.
Old 2011-12-11, 04:53   Link #1600
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

So, I just bought Rumble, and oh em gee, so fun. Why does no one play him?

Tags
league of legends, lol