Notices

Old 2009-09-15, 03:49   Link #2301
EvilMonkzilla

Send a message via MSN to EvilMonkzilla
lol one less game to buy when i get my 360
EvilMonkzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 08:49   Link #2302
ZeroForever

LOL i think everyone saw it something of the sort happening... i wonder if it'll be another vespia where they remake the entire game.
Old 2009-09-15, 12:31   Link #2303
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

"International" version? Uh-oh, considering the past record of all 'international' games of S-E not coming to NA (I still curse S-E for not bringing FF12 International), it ain't looking good for me. Dammit, I wanted another excuse playing Reimi lol.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 14:41   Link #2304
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Just import. They're making everything dual language anyway.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 14:56   Link #2305
Estelvice

Its more expensive but I guess its worth it. I'm just glad I didn't buy the game when it was released here in the states. It would've been a waste of money indeed...
Estelvice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 17:00   Link #2306
ZODDGUTS

Valkyria Chronicles 20 bucks at Walmart. If your a PS3 owner and don't have this game yet buy it now! Great game.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...15860412449883
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 18:29   Link #2307
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Definitely importing Star Ocean The Last Hope next year.
Old 2009-09-15, 19:07   Link #2308
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Star Ocean on Playstation 3, I thought it never will come but I guess I was wrong... I might check out this game once it releases in America.
Old 2009-09-15, 20:05   Link #2309
Shadow Kira01

PlayStation 3 Firmware 3.01 Is Live

Quote:
"Rest assured that we are looking into the matter and will provide an update here as soon as possible," Seybold added. "We apologize for any inconvenience, as it's our mission to deliver the best consumer experience on all PlayStation platforms."
This is what I call quality customer service. Sony is awesome!^^

----
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Valkyria Chronicles 20 bucks at Walmart. If your a PS3 owner and don't have this game yet buy it now! Great game.

Sounds like a good offer!
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 21:55   Link #2310
Lonewolf

Ya dling now I didnt know they were having controller and Uncharted problems was checking out the ps3 forum since 3.0 update i have uncharted but havnt played since update prolly will check out after update. But I did have the ps3 controller issue were it wont sync with the ps3 and start it up from the PS button on the controller. Thought it was a fluke system is almost a year old and has had solid use plus a couple of ruff moves. Im glad it only happened once. hopefully it gets resolved with this update.
Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember. when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 22:36   Link #2311
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Quote:
Microsoft Funds PS3 Game Development

"First off, it was easier developing for the Xbox 360. This is to do with the games I was involved with, but basically if you sign an exclusive contract with Microsoft (you won’t release it on other hardware for a year or similar), they will give you a lot of cash for development.

Their support is also very fast and complete in these cases.

SCE don’t really give much cash out (any at all perhaps). Their support is confused and unreliable. When I was doing it at least, the 360 was easier to develop for, which lowers costs.

As a result, first we developed for the Xbox, reducing development costs. But the Xbox version won’t sell [in Japan], you can’t recoup even those lowered costs at all.

So we ported to the PS3, it’s cheaper as you already have the game done, but then Sony came back and told us ‘We won’t recognise it if it’s the same as the Xbox 360 version. Make sure you put in a lot of extra stuff!’

If we didn’t then they wouldn’t have let us pass their check…"

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...e-development/
Hhhhmmmmm...........
Old 2009-09-15, 23:11   Link #2312
Garet Jax

Quote:

I'd like to pick this up just to secure a copy, as I won't be getting a PS3 until FFXIII comes out, but a small part of me wonders suspiciously if they'd ever release a special edition of the game with the extra downloads on it. Probably unlikely. Well, I'm sure it won't suddenly vanish from stores completely.
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 00:29   Link #2313
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Problem with importing in my case is custom fees, and if it's through a courier, even more expensive brokerage fees. Both on top of the S&H fee, and not to mention I got to find a store that would actually ship it overseas (amazon generally don't sell software internationally).

That said, I <3 Reimi too much (osananajimi for obvious reasons, but also she's voiced by freaking Laura Bailey AND she's arguably the strongest member of the team), so I might really go through all the trouble of importing it if no news of it being released stateside comes around.

And speaking of import, Record of Agarest War Collector's Edition is now available at game.co.uk. Didn't know when they started, but I only noticed now when I checked my mail and it mentioned the regular edition was delayed. And lo and behold, CE is also available.

Just too bad by the time it makes the jump over the Atlantic, I'd probably be knee deep playing Dragon Age lol.

As for Microsoft indirectly funding PS3 games, do note that AFAIK, the version that gets released first tends to do much better than the version that gets released later. So it's not as if Microsoft has nothing to gain from this... in fact, I'd say they get the better piece of the pie despite having paid some of the development costs. It's all how you look at it, really.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 02:26   Link #2314
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Just finished a HDD swap and restored the previous data.

Only put in a 320GB model but I doubt I'll ever come close to filling it up.

With a external HDD set up for the backup data, I put a bunch of my anime on it and can watch it on my HDTV rather than the PC.

Loving it.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 13:48   Link #2315
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet Jax View Post
I'd like to pick this up just to secure a copy, as I won't be getting a PS3 until FFXIII comes out, but a small part of me wonders suspiciously if they'd ever release a special edition of the game with the extra downloads on it. Probably unlikely. Well, I'm sure it won't suddenly vanish from stores completely.
Well the japanese the best version came with the first Edy DLC and Imperial side DLC. If the title gets a platinum release outside japan, who knows...
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 14:27   Link #2316
ZODDGUTS

No need to import SO4 because it's coming to North America on February 9th, 2010.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1025396p1.html

Now we wait for Vesperia...
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 14:47   Link #2317
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
No need to import SO4 because it's coming to North America on February 9th, 2010.

for some reason i can see (but not clearly) that 360 aren't on top of their game lately and things aren't doing so well after all not because all their self-proclaimed exclusive games are coming to ps3 but there are other things too (it's on the tip of my tongue but i just can't say it hmm...)

anyways, I really appreciate for ypu bringing this good news and i can rest easy now *phew*

and just like u said we will wait for vesperia
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 15:59   Link #2318
Shadow Kira01

Quote:

WOW!!!

Square-Enix is awesome...
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 16:12   Link #2319
Renya

good thing its coming out worldwide on 9th :P
can keep me busy till FF13 is out lol.
Now if only vesperia gets released in english too >.<
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 20:57   Link #2320
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:

Hum... I'm not that much excited about this one. Everyone that i know who played on X360, said the game was mediocre...

What i'm really looking for is an american release of Vesperia, but Namco is crazy, who knows if they are going to release in US?
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, ps3, sony