AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-11-29, 14:56   Link #4501
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
How do I create an avatar for my account on oreno.imouto.org ? I can't find anything on User settings and the Help post isn't really helpful as it contains like two sentences at whole ...
Old 2010-11-29, 16:55   Link #4502
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
How do I create an avatar for my account on oreno.imouto.org ? I can't find anything on User settings and the Help post isn't really helpful as it contains like two sentences at whole ...
When you find a post you want have made into your avatar, click on 'Set Avatar' on the left. You can't upload avatars to use.
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 04:47   Link #4503
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Thus I sometimes feel that if my country's lauding of "best education in SEA" is actually an over-exaggeration used as an advertising factor, when we are taught to write like this. Or maybe it is because I am in a business school.
Yeahhhhh, best education amongst 10 nations. Yeah.

How about "Best education in Asia-ex-Japan"?
Or best-performing nation in Asia-Pacific?

(Go take a look at the UNSW International Competition. Singapore starts at P2. Most start at P3, some even P4.)
Old 2010-12-02, 05:27   Link #4504
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

No matter how good the school is, a dumbass student is still a...

MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 08:12   Link #4505
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

What is the proper way to say "milk with your tea?" in Japanese? With Kanji.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 22:42   Link #4506
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
What is the proper way to say "milk with your tea?" in Japanese? With Kanji.
ミルクティー. It directly translates into milk tea. Or "mi-ru-ku" tea.
Kanji... ミルク茶 would come close.
Old 2010-12-04, 11:03   Link #4507
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrLeanne View Post
ミルクティー. It directly translates into milk tea. Or "mi-ru-ku" tea.
Kanji... ミルク茶 would come close.
Ehhh I was actually looking for the expression of "Do you want to add milk to your tea?", in a sense that if the person wants milk in the freshly-brewed tea or not.

And yeah, I need a kanji/hira/kata because I want to add it to a sketch I made.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-12-05, 22:44   Link #4508
tabito

Quote:
Ehhh I was actually looking for the expression of "Do you want to add milk to your tea?", in a sense that if the person wants milk in the freshly-brewed tea or not.

And yeah, I need a kanji/hira/kata because I want to add it to a sketch I made.
紅茶にミルクをお入れ致しましょうか? ("Could I pour milk to your tea?")
Just ミルクをお入れしましょうか? sounds more natural.
tabito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 23:04   Link #4509
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Anyone knows any tips for lighting up paper in a bin with matches? Could light the match up but the flame seems to die off too quickly for me to light the paper with it.
Old 2010-12-05, 23:29   Link #4510
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I was looking for anime merchandise to buy and I came up with a CLANNAD lithograph II so I was wondering what a lithograph is and how is it made.
Old 2010-12-07, 04:58   Link #4511
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Anyone knows any tips for lighting up paper in a bin with matches? Could light the match up but the flame seems to die off too quickly for me to light the paper with it.
Light a piece of paper with a match then throw the paper in.

Another way would be to pour kerosene down the edge of the bin the light the trail.

The most thrilling and fun way though, would be to pour half-a-biscuit-tin full of napalm into the bin, trailing off at the edges so the napalm sticks to the sides of the inside, then light it. But remember to get someone else to call the SCDF, don't call them yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabito View Post
紅茶にミルクをお入れ致しましょうか? ("Could I pour milk to your tea?")
Just ミルクをお入れしましょうか? sounds more natural.
So is this correct?

NO there is no other meaning to it you perverts! Just a simple request from a bishoujo asking if you want milk in your tea!

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2010-12-07 at 05:09.
Old 2010-12-08, 10:22   Link #4512
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
I was looking for anime merchandise to buy and I came up with a CLANNAD lithograph II so I was wondering what a lithograph is and how is it made.
Google is your friend, and faster source of information than this topic. I googled Lithorgraph as well when I saw that merchandise on it's thread.

And, according to that merchandise thread, it's just a wallscroll where the artwork was painted using lithography. ( use wiki for this ). That's why there's only limited quantity of it on sale.
Old 2010-12-08, 16:40   Link #4513
Shikabane_Hime
108 Shikabane to destroy

I feel exceedingly foolish for this but... I love doing text based role plays and I want to find other people who are interested but... I'm not sure how to go about finding people who are interested in text based role playing. I want to make a thread about it but I'm not sure where to put it, or even if that would be allowed. Could someone please help me?
Old 2010-12-08, 16:45   Link #4514
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Look at the Rolplay social groups, if you can't find one that meets your needs make your own. If anyone else is interested in participating they will, if not...
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 20:34   Link #4515
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Was the poster asking about text-based MUD/MUCKs? irc roleplay or just forum post roleplay? This may be one of the oldest MUCKs on the Internet (Furry MUCK) and I'm sure there are anime themed ones out there. MUCKs have the advantage of being virtual worlds (ala ZORK/Adventure) and often have player constructed locations and objects.
Old 2010-12-09, 00:54   Link #4516
Asuras
Dictadere~!

How would one conceivably have a signature that changed itself on it's own? I'm looking to have those words above Miku change every time someone refreshes.
Old 2010-12-09, 05:35   Link #4517
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

It could be done with JavaScript or some server side code. However, on this forum, currently there is no way for you to do it.

There is no built in feature to do it and we don't allow signature-rotator images (not exactly what you asked about but "an approach"). I looked into providing a feature similar the rotators on the forum, but it wasn't great and it didn't support text in the way you're suggesting. Needless to say it hasn't been enabled.
Old 2010-12-09, 08:09   Link #4518
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Alternatively, you could just ask in a request thread for a .gif sig that'll refresh the text every 10 seconds, but it'll be part of the image as opposed as a string outside.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 10:30   Link #4519
rafael1932
claymores pimp

hi

sometimes i see a shortcut that takes to an especifi post wherever is the same treath or not. it is used if the same opinion was already written, so we dont have to rewrite the whole thing.

how we do it?
rafael1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 11:18   Link #4520
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Are you saying that you sometimes see a link that takes you to a specific post whether in the same thread or not, and that it is used when a post is quoted, so you do not have to rewrite the whole thing? Furthermore you want to know how to make such a link?

There are number of ways:
  • See the top left of each post for the "link", you can copy that and post it using the [url] tag.
  • Use the [post] tag.
  • Or, you could use the quote itself, by pressing the button.
If none of the above apply, then I'm really not sure what you are asking.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious