AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-11-05, 11:26   Link #1
Iambankai
Surprised Espada

What would you do on the last day...?

So, what do you think you would do on the last day on Earth?
And please don't missunderstand this to be like:
''What do you think people on Earth would do on the last day on Earth?''

I myself, would probably pray (Because I am muslim), read the Quran and do as many good things as possible alot;
I will try to make as many people happy (the good ones, that is), and try not to make any of the good people sad. I will try to commit no crimes and no sins.

^ A good muslim should actually be doing that every day and night - but don't missunderstand ''this'' either

Well, now it's your turn I am happy to read what you will write!
Iambankai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 12:24   Link #2
moozxy

Send a message via MSN to moozxy
I'd try and meet up with all the people I love and tell them so. I'd pray to God aswell (christian)
moozxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 12:28   Link #3
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I, personally, would spend it with the people/person I care about the most. I suspect we'd try to be somewhere out in nature depending on the situation.

I might spend a little time trying to contact and say bye to many of the people who made up my life experiences.

Actually, since every day *might* be the last (those damned cars, or asteroids, or flying monkeys...), I try to be mindful of those sorts of things anyway.
Old 2007-11-05, 14:07   Link #4
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
As a minister, I would likely be spending my time helping other people deal with impending demise.

As a friend and family member, I would be carrying my weapons to defend my loved ones. (Since mass panic almost assuredly results in wide-scale rioting and violence.)

For myself... Certainly I'd try to spend time with my family and friends, as well as doing things I would enjoy that would clear my head (for me, probably flying, which seems to make any problem irrelevant for as long as I'm holding the yoke).

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 14:25   Link #5
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iambankai View Post
So, what do you think you would do on the last day on Earth?
And please don't missunderstand this to be like:
''What do you think people on Earth would do on the last day on Earth?''

I myself, would probably pray (Because I am muslim), read the Quran and do as many good things as possible alot;
I will try to make as many people happy (the good ones, that is), and try not to make any of the good people sad. I will try to commit no crimes and no sins.

^ A good muslim should actually be doing that every day and night - but don't missunderstand ''this'' either

Well, now it's your turn I am happy to read what you will write!
i think if you need to pray on the last day of the Earth, it is too late at that point.

Me, I rather go join a huge end of the world Orgy
Old 2007-11-05, 14:38   Link #6
Shana

Hmm... I would pray to God and say him to let me go to the heavens.

That's all
Old 2007-11-05, 14:54   Link #7
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

I Would Listen to all my fave songs and cry about the animes i could never finish

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 15:19   Link #8
ChibiMenos
Gillian-class Chibi

I guess I wouldn't do much of anything different than I do every day. I might try to focus more on things I enjoy, but I wouldn't make a big deal of it. I wouldn't be too worried, really.
ChibiMenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 15:28   Link #9
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I really can't measure death, so I don't know how to answer. Whatever I asserted on this matter would be an outright lie.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 15:40   Link #10
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Hmm.... interesting question. I'm really not sure. I'd probably listen to Afterglow by Genesis over and over again. And many other heavily emotional songs. Such as.... Goodbye Blue Sky by Pink Floyd.

I probably won't be able to do much else since everyone might be going crazy outside... yeah I'll probably just stay indoors getting all emotional.

But you never know unless it actually happens. I mean the fear might just be too much to concerntrate on anything else. But I might learn to accept it and.... yeah, do what I already said. But, wait, maybe not! I think whenever I listen to song a small part of me thinks "yeah, I'd really love to share this with someone", which adds to the emotion. If it's the end of the world... I wont have that. But, then, maybe not. Hehe I'm listening to Goodbye Blue Sky right now and all these different thoughts and emotions are going through my head as I type.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 15:49   Link #11
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Try to shag every one I could find. Get stoned/high/drunk whatever's available. Climb on my roof with my guitar and my mates band and play REM's "End of the world" and Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher" for a laugh. Watch MAcross: DYRL one more time. Basically satisfy carnal urges. I'm fine with dying, it's natural, but I'd try to experience anything and everything I wanted to do but couldn't because of personal and professional responsibilities. I want to leave this plane LOL'ing my ass off.

to quote a very old song my mother sang to us as a lullaby "que sera sera, whatever will be, will be"
Written by an atheist
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26308
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 16:27   Link #12
Minorou
Hmm...

Send a message via AIM to Minorou Send a message via MSN to Minorou
I've actually been thinking about this ever since I watched a Nostradamus documentary a few days ago. Apparently the world's supposed to end in 2012... Whether or not I believe that to be true (I personally take a neutral opinion), it raised an interesting question that I asked myself: what would I do on the last day of Earth?

I think I'd do my best to keep a calm composure and try to ease others. I'll try to think of all I've done in my life, and see if I could somehow recompense for all wrongs I've done. I guess, ultimately, my goal would be to gain a true state of peace with myself during that final hour.
Old 2007-11-05, 16:58   Link #13
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Hmm.... interesting question. I'm really not sure. I'd probably listen to Afterglow by Genesis over and over again. And many other heavily emotional songs. Such as.... Goodbye Blue Sky by Pink Floyd.

I probably won't be able to do much else since everyone might be going crazy outside... yeah I'll probably just stay indoors getting all emotional.

But you never know unless it actually happens. I mean the fear might just be too much to concerntrate on anything else. But I might learn to accept it and.... yeah, do what I already said. But, wait, maybe not! I think whenever I listen to song a small part of me thinks "yeah, I'd really love to share this with someone", which adds to the emotion. If it's the end of the world... I wont have that. But, then, maybe not. Hehe I'm listening to Goodbye Blue Sky right now and all these different thoughts and emotions are going through my head as I type.
Or... you could scratch that. It's more likely that me and my whole family will get together... we'll drive all the way up to my brothers Uni to meet him.... yeah that's probably what will happen. Not sure what we'll do after that...
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 20:38   Link #14
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
I really can't measure death, so I don't know how to answer. Whatever I asserted on this matter would be an outright lie.
That's the only answer that's really accurate, especially considering nothing was said about how the world was going to end. I'd like to think I'd be doing somehting to try to stop it, but most likely I'd be on the internet complaining that I won't get to see the end of whatever series KyoAni was working on before breaking into the airforce base here in town to take one of those fighters for a spin.

Guard: Take one step closer and I'll shoot!

Me: So what? They world's ending dumbass. Wow I die a few hours eariler, big deal. I'm just going to take a fighter for a spin and crash into the desert when I go out of control. Wanna come with?
Old 2007-11-05, 20:41   Link #15
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Probably just cry or go crazy, lol.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 21:58   Link #16
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Hmm, I'd probably say goodbye to my loved ones

take a drive, stop, grab that last beer I'll ever drink and ponder if those religious folks might be right and how screwed I am if they are
Old 2007-11-05, 22:02   Link #17
BANANABANANA
got 米?
*Artist

i'd probably cry my eyes out. not sure why, just seems like something i'd do in that situation, most likely because i'll already start missing the people i'll never see again..

and then maybe pig out on fattening foods that i love and blast my music til i go deaf, for all to hear maybe burn my homework and randomly break out into song. jump off mount everest?
BANANABANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 22:15   Link #18
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i think if you need to pray on the last day of the Earth, it is too late at that point.

Me, I rather go join a huge end of the world Orgy
Me and you think very alike ^_^. I've always wanted to check if my car can actually go 130mph, if so i'll break my speedometer, and i'll take the bike on nightbats@'s sig for a quick ride too). There won't be any cops too, they'll be too busy with their family. Of course i'll hug my mom and dad goodbye, curse my manager out but i'll still say "if I live this big rock, i'll still come to work tomorrow."

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 22:24   Link #19
desert_fox
Blood makes me happy :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minorou View Post
I've actually been thinking about this ever since I watched a Nostradamus documentary a few days ago. Apparently the world's supposed to end in 2012... Whether or not I believe that to be true (I personally take a neutral opinion), it raised an interesting question that I asked myself: what would I do on the last day of Earth?

I think I'd do my best to keep a calm composure and try to ease others. I'll try to think of all I've done in my life, and see if I could somehow recompense for all wrongs I've done. I guess, ultimately, my goal would be to gain a true state of peace with myself during that final hour.
I saw that documentary too and I tried not think about it too much. As for what I'd do, I think I'd say good-bye to my friends and probably try to go out and do something fun with them (assuming everywhere in town hasn't been sent to hell because there are people who want to commit crimes before the end) and then spend the remainder of the day with my family and listening to my J-pop/J-rock collection on my ipod while reading manga. No point to pray if I haven't done it since I stopped going to church years ago. It's pointless to seek protection at the end when you have discarded it willingly long before that. It would be hypocritical of me to do so.
desert_fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 22:36   Link #20
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert_fox View Post
I saw that documentary too and I tried not think about it too much. As for what I'd do, I think I'd say good-bye to my friends and probably try to go out and do something fun with them (assuming everywhere in town hasn't been sent to hell because there are people who want to commit crimes before the end) and then spend the remainder of the day with my family and listening to my J-pop/J-rock collection on my ipod while reading manga. No point to pray if I haven't done it since I stopped going to church years ago. It's pointless to seek protection at the end when you have discarded it willingly long before that. It would be hypocritical of me to do so.
Same. I don't assume we will die on that date, but like we say "live life to it's fullest even if it means you are work your asses off for it."

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote