AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2007-09-15, 18:45   Link #261
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Nah... it is only confusing and relevant when we have to analyze Mion's guilt, and Shion view of the sonozaki.

Outside of this realm (so outside of the issues of Watanagashi/Meakashi-hen), there is no problem to keep calling them with the way how we know them : Mion the tomboyish heir, having a crush on Keiichi; and Shion the girly younger twin, having a crush on Satoshi.

I'm even wondering if the Sonozaki knows about this mistake. Considering how Mion and Oryou are acting in the TIPS and in Watanagashi/Meakashi/Minagoroshi-hen, looks like they don't know they screwed up.
Old 2007-09-15, 18:50   Link #262
GyroidFanatic

EDIT: nevermind

Last edited by GyroidFanatic; 2007-09-15 at 19:10.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-16, 13:33   Link #263
Rias

If i rememeber correctly, it was said (in Meakashi-hen) that some Sonozaki family members knew about the switch after the tattoo ceremony took place. However, since the ceremony is done, there's really nothing much they can do but to just acknowledge the fact that Shion <-> Mion
Old 2007-09-18, 10:33   Link #264
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I think it's kinda like a SHIKI/Shiki thing
Old 2007-09-24, 22:24   Link #265
miaka16
*stare*

The Day they Cried

I remember seeing in the anime store (I live in Canada so to my luck there is an anime store where i can rent anime although the internet is getting very useful today), an anime that was called The day they cried. But it was the exact same anime as Higurashi no naku koro ni.

Is that the english title that they gave it? I personally don't know why animes have to have different names from the japanese ones... Is the translation for Higurashi no naku koro ni, they day they cried? Seems a lot more shorter than the original name. To tell you the truth i am half japanese but I don't even know this... hehe a long way to go. The story of the anime is complicated. I don't quite understand the concept of the anime but I does involve blood and gore WHICH I LOVE XD ... Just to tell you, there is no nudity because you know how there's usually anime with gore and nudity but this ones different.

I hate that this anime ends with a never ending cliff hanger! At the end, the little girl with a think purple hair, says to the detective "Fine I'll play your game." What does that mean? what game is she playing? I know that she will die because all the other characters died, however, she looks like as if she was waiting for this... suspicious...

There are sooo many questions that are always unsolved for me with that anime.. If you could help this poor stupid head understand the story better, that would be a great help!
miaka16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 23:02   Link #266
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I can't fully explain it here since the story is underdeveloped just by watching the anime w/o playing the game or reading the manga so i'll just give you the link to all the spoilers and suches ^_^

You can pretty much find most of your answers there along with more opinions

http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-24, 23:09   Link #267
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

The English US dub name is "When they cry" Don't know if it is different in Canada but it's common for some anime dub titles to change due to difficulty to the literal translation sounding awkward in another language, and other similar translation reasons.

Higurashi is a kind of cicada, and the literal translation would "When Cicadas Cry."

You probably should've posted this in the Higurashi forum, if so you would know there's a season 2 that continues the story^^

>Aoie_Emesai was a bit faster than me in replying☆
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 04:22   Link #268
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I found out that reading the game TIPS help a lot if you're just going to watch the anime.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 15:24   Link #269
Level E
みwiki

"When They Cry" is official. It's the name of 07th Expansion's "...Naku koro ni" series.

ひぐらしのく頃に   Higurashi no Naku koro ni - When They Cry
ひぐらしのく頃に・解 Higurashi no Naku koro ni KAI - When They Cry 2
ひぐらしのく頃に・礼 Higurashi no Naku koro ni REI - When They Cry 2.5
うみねこのく頃に   Umineko no Naku koro ni - When They Cry 3
Level E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 21:59   Link #270
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

A side note, Umineko means seagull. Is there anything significant to a seagull's cry?
Old 2007-09-25, 22:31   Link #271
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

The story takes place on an island
Old 2007-09-25, 23:24   Link #272
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I meant is there a special meaning to a seagull's cry. It was stated that the cry of the higurashi is rather sad and cicadas are also a symbol of death.
Old 2007-09-27, 06:21   Link #273
tbl
Affably Evil

Will Matsuribayashi-hen/Festival Accompanying Chapter take up the last 11 episodes of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, or is there another chapter before or after it?

Thanks.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 06:29   Link #274
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Matsuribayashi-hen will take up the last 11 episodes.
It has been confirmed since the trailer they will only cover 3 chapters with the second season:
-Yakusamashi-hen
-Minagoroshi-hen
-Matsuribayashi-hen
Old 2007-09-27, 21:59   Link #275
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Recall Rena's near-death experience in Ibaraki. However, that's also debatable if that is really Hanyuu, or just her imagination.
Rena is not an outsider. She was born in Hinamazawa and given enough of a Hinamazawan upbringing that she was familiar with Oyashiro-Sama's curse.

Last edited by Davidj; 2007-09-29 at 00:21.
Davidj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 02:41   Link #276
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
Rena is not an outsider. She was born in Hinamazawa and giving enough of a Hinamazawan upbringing that she was familiar with Oyashiro-Sama's curse.
You just didn't get it. I never said she was and outsider. I only stated to recall the event where Rena "saw" Oyashiro-sama when she was in Ibaraki.
Old 2007-09-30, 00:29   Link #277
Level E
みwiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
A side note, Umineko means seagull. Is there anything significant to a seagull's cry?
In the story (Umineko naku koro ni), it's a sign of hope - or at least in episode 1.
The characters are on an island. There's a hurricane coming thus all the sea gulls left (actually they're already gone before the story starts). Horror ensues (goto the Umineko thread). The familiar cry of the sea gulls is a sign of hope that they can leave the island and the police can come.
Level E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 09:25   Link #278
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

another question..

Spoiler for Tsumihoroboshi-hen. first season ep22-26:

sorry if its a stupid question..

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-11-26 at 01:00.
Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 10:13   Link #279
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

this TIPS should answer your question.
Old 2007-10-05, 10:15   Link #280
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJR View Post
another question..

Spoiler for Tsumihoroboshi-hen. first season ep22-26:

sorry if its a stupid question..
Spoiler for Minagoroshi-hen:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-11-26 at 01:00.
Rayneing is offline   Reply With Quote