AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 123 45.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 84 31.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 10.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 6.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 2.60%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.12%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-31, 04:45   Link #221
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I think Jessica's woman-intuition told her there is a good chance she will fall flat momentarily (and sore later) after such head on impact.
When i start reading what you wrote, I thought you say "Jessica's woman-intuition told her there is a good chance she will" flat her mother under the flying door if she do so....

......but oh well it's all good, grats we have something to discuss other than the speculation and adaptation-related topics
Old 2009-07-31, 04:46   Link #222
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Apparently there was no chance so her powers couldn't kick in a miracle . Though I personally think she's fine just the way she is.
That actually explains everything.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-07-31, 04:50   Link #223
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well Battler's supposed to be a very well built sort of fellow, so it's not strange he can knock a door open that's holed closed by a flimsy candle holder.
So let me get this straight, you're saying it's not strange that someone knocking two doors of there hinges while there's a metal pipe keeping them locked together?

What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It would've been better if Jessica's massive weapons had knocked that door apart.
I'd pay to see that.
Old 2009-07-31, 04:59   Link #224
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Two words guys. Roid Rage.

......( XD )
Old 2009-07-31, 06:46   Link #225
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Your underestimating the "battering ram" potential. Sure Battler isn't a battering ram but that door wasn't a massive castle gate either. Battler must weight around 70-80 kg and the handles of that door aren't that sturdy. Double doors are even weaker than normal doors.

Anyway the point is that Battler didn't destroy the door with his bare hands, but by using his whole body's weight.

Old 2009-07-31, 06:58   Link #226
nchan

You know I don't get this.
Old 2009-07-31, 07:10   Link #227
Thisguy
Negikamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It would've been better if Jessica's massive weapons had knocked that door apart.
It would've been better if Jessica Master Spark-ed that door apart.

Fixed
Old 2009-07-31, 07:38   Link #228
Chii Kei
Nyeh~

Gaaah, I loved this episode. Beatrice had just the kind of voice I'd imagined her to have - and I'm so glad I've played the first VN - I adapted to what was happening more easily than I think most regular anime viewers will, hehe.
I loved the BGM use, the pacing was fantastic. I hope it carries on for the second part! <3
Old 2009-07-31, 07:38   Link #229
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
You know during this discussion hasn't anyone noticed that even how tall and well built he is, Beatrice is about the same size. .___.

Old 2009-07-31, 07:49   Link #230
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

^ Don't forget that Beatrice is supposed to be a foreigner while Battler is japanese.

______
I'm happy to see the amount of fanservice the episode had, and I'm pleased to see that even Beatrice is going to provide it. Give it a few episodes and we can hopefully see Kuwasama fanservice too.
Old 2009-07-31, 07:54   Link #231
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

well shannon and kanon revived all of a sudden,they crawled out from the spot they died? and maria seems possessed to me,no more "oohhh ohhHh" sounds from her T_T
Old 2009-07-31, 08:47   Link #232
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Battler has got some ballz to take on the image of Beatrice that was formed by everyones delusions. Technically Battlers argument makes sense Beatrice is here standing here before us because others wanted to believe in her and created the image of her but shes till not real. That was a direct challenge he issued and Beatrice accepted happily getting excited. It seems Battler is her type but only to crush and make grovel at her feet after she wins. She would probably keep him as a pet

It was interesting to see that since Battler didn't believe the magic dissolved killing everyone again in the same fashion they died before with the exception of Battler. But why were only certain people revived, and not everyone? It weird how normally believing in witches and such makes you odd but int his case they say Battler is odd because he doesn't believe. I get the feeling this is going to get interesting in a bloody and mind rape sort of way.

Beatrice is as elegant as they showed her in the OP and ED but her warped personality does not match her look at all and in some ways that makes her scarier. I would have never thought there were other witches. This new one seems to be crueler than Beatrice. However she is going to give Battler a hand in his duel but only because it amuses her. Love how the camera angle made it look like she was telling the audience she would help them out.

Surprised to see Maria actually got a message out. Good episodes the shit really begins next week i take it.
Old 2009-07-31, 08:57   Link #233
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Battler has got some ballz to take on the image of Beatrice that was formed by everyones delusions. Technically Battlers argument makes sense Beatrice is here standing here before us because others wanted to believe in her and created the image of her but shes till not real. That was a direct challenge he issued and Beatrice accepted happily getting excited. It seems Battler is her type but only to crush and make grovel at her feet after she wins. She would probably keep him as a pet

It was interesting to see that since Battler didn't believe the magic dissolved killing everyone again in the same fashion they died before with the exception of Battler. But why were only certain people revived, and not everyone? It weird how normally believing in witches and such makes you odd but int his case they say Battler is odd because he doesn't believe. I get the feeling this is going to get interesting in a bloody and mind rape sort of way.

Beatrice is as elegant as they showed her in the OP and ED but her warped personality does not match her look at all and in some ways that makes her scarier. I would have never thought there were other witches. This new one seems to be crueler than Beatrice. However she is going to give Battler a hand in his duel but only because it amuses her. Love how the camera angle made it look like she was telling the audience she would help them out.

Surprised to see Maria actually got a message out. Good episodes the shit really begins next week i take it.
As Bernkastel(?) explains Beatrice has the power to eternally kill and revive people as she sees fit, and when you consider the out-of-character words of the other children it is more likely that Beatrice used her power to create revived version of the cousins under her control as an illusion to convince Battler to accept witches. In the end Battler continued to deny witches as the clock struck 12mn and continued to do so in front of her.
Old 2009-07-31, 10:35   Link #234
sainfate

For someone that hasn't seen the VN or the manga but is watching just the anime, episode 5 was really confusing... Battler is meant to explain that all those murders are done by humans and that witches don't exists...right? That tea party must then be Battler dreaming or something ? I found it very odd that he was talking to Kanon and Shannon without freaking out by the fact they were serving him tea and cakes. From the bit were the clock strikes midnight to the tea party it feels that there is something missing...I don't understand the jump from one thing to the other... unless we are witnessing something like the film "THE OTHERS" were the act like their everyday life but they are in fact dead.
Old 2009-07-31, 10:38   Link #235
Seagull
MIA, Rokkenjima

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu-smepai View Post
You know during this discussion hasn't anyone noticed that even how tall and well built he is, Beatrice is about the same size. .___.
The puffy clothes probably make her look bigger.
Old 2009-07-31, 10:41   Link #236
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
The puffy clothes probably make her look bigger.
Clothes can make you taller O_O? I suppose she is wearing heels
Old 2009-07-31, 10:54   Link #237
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
Clothes can make you taller O_O? I suppose she is wearing heels
Yeah that was my thought, that she was wearing heels.

It's kind of funny how tall she is (compare screen to bernkastel)...bernkastel's feet barely touch the ground when she's sitting in the chair, and beatrice is still taller in terms of sitting down too >.< ahahahah

edit:
p.s. -> IS that beatrice in your sig with battler!?
Old 2009-07-31, 10:58   Link #238
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
p.s. -> IS that beatrice in your sig with battler!?
Yeah~ <3 :3
Old 2009-07-31, 11:18   Link #239
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
Yeah~ <3 :3
BeatoxBattler FTW *Highfives*

Well at least the foreigner and heel's logic explains it.

Old 2009-07-31, 11:31   Link #240
Enerccio
VN maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Enerccio
May I ask you what an abomination is Beato's voice?

oh and also, deen is adding stuff as usual...
Spoiler for ep5/EP1 game coparision:

oh and I never finished the episode
when I heard first line from beato, I shut it down, deleted it and raged
Closed Thread