AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-12-06, 00:58   Link #21361
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon
Why? Why is that the first thing you assume? In all probability, he's just reminiscing about his recently deceased wife, who he walked with under the cherry trees every day for nearly fifty years. I bet they lived all alone in a tiny house, all their children and grandchildren having moved away to the big city many years ago, and unable to support themselves on his measly pension, they were both forced to get part-time jobs even in the years when they should have been enjoying the fruits of a long life. Last week, she had a heart attack due to overwork, and on her deathbed, she made him promise to continue their daily walks, under the shade of the cherry trees, in her memory.

Kyon: I'd like to thank the Academy.

Haruhi: Not now, Kyon! Look, he's getting away! Let's follow him secretly!
Kyon can be such a ham sometimes.
Quote:
Spoiler for 16 Points:
Hooray for drama! Is there any reason that this is only for max points?
Quote:
Spoiler for Else:
Somehow, this feels better than the 16 point version. Maybe because I can imagine Haruhi turning away and slightly blushing. The dere in her always gets me.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend

Last edited by swtrooper42; 2009-12-06 at 01:46.
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 01:41   Link #21362
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Yeah, I say switch them too.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 01:45   Link #21363
Jintor

Fuckin' hell Kaisos you are a good writer.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 02:08   Link #21364
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
Kyon can be such a ham sometimes.
It's the headphones. Mostly.

Quote:
Hooray for drama! Is there any reason that this is only for max points?
Points aren't just a measure of how much a girl likes the protagonist, they're also a measure of how much the protagonist likes the girl.

Kyon is not going to dodge trains unless he really, really, really likes Haruhi.

Also I couldn't find a way to give important CGs to the other option, which is the standard benefit of maxing out points for a given girl.

Quote:
Somehow, this feels better than the 16 point version. Maybe because I can imagine Haruhi turning away and slightly blushing. The dere in her always gets me.
As above, we have sprites for that. Or will. Eventually.

Dammit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Fuckin' hell Kaisos you are a good writer.
I ain't that great. God Haruhi is fucking hard to write.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 10:04   Link #21365
SgtHydra
Void Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post

I ain't that great. God Haruhi is fucking hard to write.
Any tips to give?

All Glory to the Greentext.
SgtHydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 16:49   Link #21366
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:

Spoiler for Full Points Route:
A little part of me wants to hear the intro from either Lost My Music or Sorairo Days as Kyon is about to jump in front of the train.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 16:58   Link #21367
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
A little part of me wants to hear the intro from either Lost My Music or Sorairo Days as Kyon is about to jump in front of the train.
No love for Parallel Days?
Old 2009-12-06, 18:12   Link #21368
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

You know what, you could use the Karaoke versions of a lot of the image songs for Haruhi, and even K-On, and they would work GREAT.
vedicardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 18:23   Link #21369
ryanasaurus0077
Nostalgia Critic's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
You know what, you could use the Karaoke versions of a lot of the image songs for Haruhi, and even K-On, and they would work GREAT.
I second that. Better still, why not add some from Lucky Star?
Old 2009-12-06, 18:28   Link #21370
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Try this one on for size

http://www.mediafire.com/?zn0oooonjlt

On top of that, I have the entire actual soundtrack for K-On (as in the background music played throughout the entire show) so I can give you guys that.
Old 2009-12-06, 18:28   Link #21371
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Just because they're Kyoto Animation does not make them relevant.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 18:30   Link #21372
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Well I'm not just suggesting them because they are from Kyoani shows, I can just tell that they are very well suited for VNs.
Old 2009-12-06, 18:50   Link #21373
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I tried to avoid mentioning it because you clearly enjoyed it, but most people around here do not like K-On.
Old 2009-12-06, 18:51   Link #21374
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

That's fine, but I mean it's just the soundtrack from it and music from that character image songs (with no vocals).
Old 2009-12-06, 18:52   Link #21375
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
That's fine, but I mean it's just the soundtrack from it and music from that character image songs (with no vocals).
Somehow I'd like to stick to the Haruhi BGMs for now. They, well, fit better.

No offense or anything, but...

As for leitmotifs, aside from the ones that already exist in the series (Higeki no Heroine, etc.), remixing stuff like the off-vocal for Parallel Days would be ideal.

Actually, I might as well say now... I'd really like several remixes of Itsumo no Fuukei, given Kyon and Kyonko's role in the VN... A good start would be turning it into a leitmotif for Kyonko. Or hell, I can just use it as-is for her, given how it sounds already.
Old 2009-12-06, 19:01   Link #21376
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Well I mean half of these image songs aren't even on youtube. I would even go so far as to say something like Tsuruya's Megassa Koukishin instrumental could fit very well. I would at least give them a listen.

But yeah, it's up to you in the end I suppose. Just trying to make some suggestions.

I can see remixing working pretty good if you can find someone that's good at it. They're probably easier to find than a legitimate composer.
Old 2009-12-06, 19:06   Link #21377
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Well I mean half of these image songs aren't even on youtube. I would even go so far as to say something like Tsuruya's Megassa Koukishin instrumental could fit very well. I would at least give them a listen.
I have every Haruhi track ever created.

Quote:
But yeah, it's up to you in the end I suppose. Just trying to make some suggestions.
And we appreciate it.

Quote:
I can see remixing working pretty good if you can find someone that's good at it. They're probably easier to find than a legitimate composer.
I was kind of hoping our artist could hook us up with someone, since he posts on OCRemix a fair bit... but he hasn't been around in ages.
Old 2009-12-06, 19:16   Link #21378
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

I was more referring to the more obscure K-On character songs but yeah, if you're not interested then you're not interested XD

If you're looking for some remixers, I think you should look at Dwelling of Duels, and vgmix for that matter, there are some amazing guys over there. They haven't been nearly as active as they used to be but they're worth a look.

http://dod.vgmix.com/links.php
http://www.vgmix.com/

I mean these guys can make just about anything out of anything.
Old 2009-12-06, 19:49   Link #21379
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
About the current topic: I agree remix are a nice idea. Just using Haruhi's tracks is good enough and simpler then making new ones. Even if the overall mood of the story is different, a good remix can fix it.

Since someone mentioned K-ON, I will say I also like the idea of using another KyoAni tracks. I mean, if it is needed, I see no problem stealing borrowing from another animes, but, if we are going to do that, staying mostly in the same anime studio is better as a form of shout out. Of course, K-ON is to moe for what we are doing, however, if a particular music is good for some kind of scene (like the more calm and normal ones from the first week) I cant see why not to use. Of couse we should prioritize Haruhi tracks, but i vedicardi have suggestions we should use.

Also, I agree about using Itsumo no Fuukei as Kyonko's leitmotif. This music is awesome and I already relate it to Kyon anyway.

Now, about the last scene:
Quote:
Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Haruhi: Streets of Nishinomiya- Mysterious Event:
Lol for that answer. Btw, I think I will need some help to separate that in the game. This wouldn't fit in a single box...

Quote:
Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Haruhi: Streets of Nishinomiya- Mysterious Event:

So, the Headphones give the power of Hot Blood. Anyone wearing it becomes as hotblooded as Haruki. That would be awesome.

Quote:
Heh, all the exaggerated scene over there prooves meaningless now. =P

Btw, here is where it could be one "failure scenario" I mentioned other day. if you don't have enough flags for Haruhi, she could just go away there, even tough you met her earlier.

PP:
Quote:
I was more referring to the more obscure K-On character songs but yeah, if you're not interested then you're not interested XD
I don't know much of K-ON, but there are some of these that aren't too moe moe? I really like the ED, and it has a very different style from the other songs of the show, so I wonder if tehre are some other that don't follow the usuall style.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 20:07   Link #21380
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Lol for that answer. Btw, I think I will need some help to separate that in the game. This wouldn't fit in a single box...
Every sentence.

Quote:
So, the Headphones give the power of Hot Blood. Anyone wearing it becomes as hotblooded as Haruki. That would be awesome.
Give them to either Asahina and see what happens.

...I have this mental image of Mikuru going ORA ORA ORA ORA ORAAAAAAA now.

Quote:
I don't know much of K-ON, but there are some of these that aren't too moe moe? I really like the ED, and it has a very different style from the other songs of the show, so I wonder if tehre are some other that don't follow the usuall style.
I must be the only person alive who hated that ED... I vastly prefer the OP.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan