AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-12-02, 11:25   Link #10881
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's not a school... this is government D: If Laura's flashback in the anime is anything to go by then each government has their own IS program independent of ISA. Ofcourse the anime could be counted as not canon and I'm completely fighting a meaningless battle.

EDIT: Wait! Chifuyu taught IS training at Germany XD There are IS programs independent of ISA ... or does it prove nothing?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 11:34   Link #10882
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - What Chifuyu taught is unclear. Beisdes, I said teaching personal rep candidates is okay, teaching the masses too much would incite a LOT of backlash. For all we know, Chifuyu taught them self-defense and nothing else.

Besides, Laura was a test tube baby for the military so you can't use her as a base. Compare that to most pilots who are civs who just joined for the hell of it and don't really take the IS seriously.
Old 2011-12-02, 11:41   Link #10883
demino_hellsin
That one guy

These aren't masses Eratas. If you have a local product. There is export grade(sent off to IS academy), high grade(the batch of IS trainees I'm talking about), low grade(the masses).

You have a point about Laura not being a valid source of comparison... I know I'm just being stubborn but didn't Ichika say that as long as you get involved with IS, chances are you'll get involved with the military. Whether you like it or not?
Old 2011-12-02, 11:50   Link #10884
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - "The Alaska Treaty, the agreement that stated that the IS are forever banned from military use and only used for competition and sport" As stated in Volume 1 chapter 1.

How does that lead to "being involved in the military, whether you like it or not?" Laura's the only one who actually came from the military. You have ti remember that this is a HAREM SERIES so don't expect the military to get involved her or for teenage soldiers to come out.
Old 2011-12-02, 11:54   Link #10885
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The Alaska treaty banned IS from being used as a weapon. It was stated on multiple occasions that countries did not desist in arming military grade IS for defensive purposes as it was also stated that only an IS can beat an IS(at least in canon) so they were allowed to arm for the purpose of deterrent, that or the armament was ignored. Plus everyone knows the countries are in a cold war arms race. I believe it was stated in volume 3 when Tabane carelessly brags about akatsubaki's 4th generationness and makes everyone feel that all the countries' efforts in research were rendered meaningless.
Old 2011-12-02, 12:00   Link #10886
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - Look, I'm not the guy to ask for this kind of thing since I focus more on the characters and their development. If you need to ask someone, ask Zero, Meister and SaintessHeart, not me. Besides, as I sad before, this is a harem series. Any Military uses might as well be guesswork.

Why are you even asking so much anyway? Your story takes place in the span of 2 weeks so it's not like it explores too much on politics.
Old 2011-12-02, 12:04   Link #10887
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm rethinking the span actually but if I did that I'd have to pay attention to when characters get introduced in canon or if anything in canon happens that my guys don't influence one way or the other. And I'm questioning the politics because it seems deeply entwined with most of my character's backgrounds. Rong, Fillia and the C rank girl thus far in general.

Rong for the international stand on the AE

Fillia because she is being considered a possible next in line for IS rep

C rank girl because she's America's only pilot for the AE and a somewhat capable IS pilot.
Old 2011-12-02, 12:07   Link #10888
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - Hate to break it to you, but America probably has a load of pilots at their disposal. Natasha Fairs is the rep candidate now and they most likely have at least a dozen A rank pilots below her.
Old 2011-12-02, 12:09   Link #10889
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eratas: I already thought ahead =3 I didn't rank them as directly next in line, just somewhere in that group XD
Old 2011-12-02, 12:11   Link #10890
Eratas123

@ demnino_hellsin - Good luck then, just don't sue them up like you somewhat did with Rong in chapter 1.
Old 2011-12-02, 12:15   Link #10891
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I have to keep Rong's thoughts to myself XD... he's over analytical at the earlier points of his "reinitiation" into society.

EDIT: Fillia's prolly gonna be sue as hell and dumb as a rock though...
Old 2011-12-02, 12:21   Link #10892
Eratas123

@demino_hellsin - Problems that Rong has/have:

1. Being roomed with Ichika despite his background.

2. Knowing things he really shouldn't and that only readers/authors should.

3. Not a single sign of PTSD, despite his past actions. Regret and guilt does not equal emo.

4. Talking with Chifuyu casually and her not being worried at all that he's a terrorist.

5. Can hack and look at 5 separate videos of IS at the same time.

6. Knows more about the IS than he should. Remember, the IS data is classified to the user and they only share theirs because they're friends. Rong shouldn't know anything about them at all.

7. Students reaction to him being a criminal is very unbelievable. Even in IS academy, students would STAY AWAY when someone says he's a criminal.
Old 2011-12-02, 12:29   Link #10893
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Okay...

Once again I ask THIS QUESTION

well with that aside, I now post something of a slight future ahead-ish thing.

Spoiler for Encounter:

*warps away*
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 12:39   Link #10894
Eratas123

@ Saint X - No answer for you I don't know enough about them. That, and my internet's too slow to even show the damn pics. Just pick the one you want, it doesn't really matter since it's ultimately up to the readers imagination what they look like.
Old 2011-12-02, 14:38   Link #10895
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Max is in there because every school club needs a teacher advisor. He then gets dragged into combat for tactical forecasting. Then Tabane makes him do producer work, too. Cue max yelling SUCH MISFORTUNE.

And linker cores, plus chars from Lowegear. You really want me to drop the Nanoha ocs in here do you Saint? :3
Old 2011-12-02, 17:45   Link #10896
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

To clear stuff up....

1. I.S. cannot be used in a war, the same as nuclear weapon. However, the development of military-grade I.S. is rich as hell, as proven by the very existence of Silver Gospel, that silver abomination can't be competition grade, and the way I.S.A. handled it, it's like some top military project (normally such breakout/ escape by I.S. will be known by practically everyone).

2. Why Military I.S. exist? To face against deterrent force that use I.S. in their disposal. For your information, anti-ballistic missile is a nuke. Yes, in real life, nuke is used to destroy nuke.

3. There are more than one candidates usually, but screened early to see which one get a Personal units. So, local training program = true, but somewhat limited.

This is Fanfiction, you can just roll your canon defilement all the way, just be responsible for it.
Old 2011-12-02, 17:53   Link #10897
Yachiyo
~`Seito Kaichō`~

I published Chapter 3 now

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7486570/...ing_is_Radiant

Enjoy
Old 2011-12-02, 17:56   Link #10898
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Making changes is allowed, we just have to make sure to keep the fundumental rules imtact. For example:

1. Characters that are blatantly OOC for no reason at all. My Immortal is a good source of this.

2. Overpowered characters for no reason at all.

3. IS pilots that are male for no explained reason and end up being Gary Stu's.

4. Making the story "in name only". Once again, look at My Immortal for this.

Side note - How long does one usually take to learn the basics of a language?
Old 2011-12-02, 18:08   Link #10899
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - Making changes is allowed, we just have to make sure to keep the fundumental rules imtact. For example:

1. Characters that are blatantly OOC for no reason at all. My Immortal is a good source of this.

2. Overpowered characters for no reason at all.

3. IS pilots that are male for no explained reason and end up being Gary Stu's.

4. Making the story "in name only". Once again, look at My Immortal for this.
Yeah I knew, as I said, just be responsible for it. Many author is irresponsible for their act breaking fundamental rules. How many authors admit a canon defilement and character derailment?

I made Madoka an Imouto (Seriously?! She's Ichika's evil counterpart!) and Charles a guy (A girl, and major member of Ichika's harem! Probably Official couple!) means I raped the canon at least TWICE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Side note - How long does one usually take to learn the basics of a language?
2 months minimum, depend on people of course.

EDIT: Some language also more difficult than other, whether grammar or pronunciation. For example, English has complex structure of grammar but has standard set of letter, Japan has simple grammar but hundreds, probably thousand of letter.
Old 2011-12-02, 18:17   Link #10900
Eratas123

@ Senpai - And yet you made it believable and got tons of readers for it The fundumental rules of the world weren't changed that much and it's not blatantly impossible (Charlotte getting a sex change is a possibility, a Gary Stu IS pilot that can kick everyone's ass that has no reason to be able to pilot in the first place isn't possible in the least).

Side note - Then how does Irish communicate with the main cast? I'm assuming Tatenashi knows english, along with some others like Cecilia or Chifuyu (She taught in Germany, I doubt all of them spoke Jap). His Japanese will probably be extremely broken and end up making him look bad.

Side note 2 - Wait a minute! Half of IS academy are foreigners, does that mean they all learned Jap in order to enroll? Shouldn't english be the national language considering the majority of foreigners there and the fact that it's the most broadcasted language nowadays?

@ Yachi - Read it later.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest