AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-25, 18:32   Link #2081
willx
Nyaaan~~

All these comments about Campiones being able to be killed by normal humans seems incorrect to me. Otherwise someone would axed Bobby.. I was thinking Campiones were nearly as indestructible to mundane weapons like Gods are..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 18:57   Link #2082
Athena
The Power of One

Campiones can be defeated by humans just like humans can beat gods, which is doable, but nearly impossible.
Old 2012-07-25, 19:14   Link #2083
Mechatrill

There's also the fact that all the Campiones we've seen so far had an authority that made killing them difficult.

Godo has the ram incarnation, Volan revived after getting fried by lightning through some unknown authority, and Salvador had an authority that made himself nearly impervious to damage.

I suppose that's only 3 of the 7, but still...

There's also the fact that Campiones have superhuman constitution beyond any mortal. That alone makes them much harder to kill by mundane methods. Their innate magic immunity also makes magic worthless against them...

So yeah, my interpretation is that they're not impossible to kill via mundane means, but they'll take a lot more killing to put down, and if they happen to have the right authority, they might get up from that anyways...
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 19:16   Link #2084
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Is there a chance that Godou's restrictions will/might/can be removed?
Old 2012-07-25, 19:30   Link #2085
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
My guess would be the higher-ups. Meaning Epimetgeus and Pandora. Though there are always these seal-thingy stuffs that stories have a lot.
Old 2012-07-25, 20:45   Link #2086
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
All these comments about Campiones being able to be killed by normal humans seems incorrect to me. Otherwise someone would axed Bobby.. I was thinking Campiones were nearly as indestructible to mundane weapons like Gods are..
conventional id think so too, like you couldnt take them down by normal means especially salvatore, or steel type gods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Campiones can be defeated by humans just like humans can beat gods, which is doable, but nearly impossible.
Not impossible, impractical tho..

Im fairly sure a 1 megaton nuke would pretty much waste whatever authority any campione had and leave nothing left for it to reincarnate or resurrect from.

But that would also leave a 5 mile radius completely flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
He doesnt lose the restrictions but he gains a powerup.
Also whise did say he was balanced and he learned to use all his authorities

I found Fanta's and whsie's spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Spoiler for fun:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
He uses it ever since he gained the ability to do so.

Spoiler for Progression:

Last edited by aigomorla; 2012-07-25 at 21:02.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 21:02   Link #2087
whsie

Spoiler for Spoiler on sword:
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 21:05   Link #2088
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Wow..

i wonder who godou fears being alone with more.. Ena or Erica... :X
Old 2012-07-25, 21:12   Link #2089
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendog View Post
In one of the volumes after Godou used the Ram and died, he talked to Pandora and she told him regular training would not do much. Only through actual battles would he get stronger...or at least something along those lines.
I wasn't talking about training his authorities though. Considering how powerful Luo Hao's human apprentice is, it wouldn't hurt for Godou to learn a bit of martial arts.

Paraphrasing what the author said, Godou is basically like a videogame character with all supers and no normal moves.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 21:14   Link #2090
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
Wow..

i wonder who godou fears being alone with more.. Ena or Erica... :X
To be honest, I think it'd be Erica because of her reputation while Ena plays more clean.
Old 2012-07-25, 21:32   Link #2091
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Yes, I know about his upgrades but I was just wondering if there could be any way to make it possible for him to fight like how Verethragna did, dual wielding the golden swords, or using one of his authorities twice a day
Old 2012-07-25, 21:37   Link #2092
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
To be honest, I think it'd be Erica because of her reputation while Ena plays more clean.
ena plays clean?
Spoiler:

do you mean clean as in direct no hiding behind the bush?
Or clean as in Yuri clean?

Cuz we know Yuri is probably the least dangerous next to Lily.
Old 2012-07-25, 21:50   Link #2093
zzhk
Summary Machine

I think he meant that Ena doesn't scheme around and plan conspiracies like Erica.
Old 2012-07-25, 22:47   Link #2094
Ghanw
(-_-)

After reading volume 5 i am still confused about the Youth power since it was passed to Erica does Goduo have the ability to use it again the next day on a different person or can it only be used on one person.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 22:47   Link #2095
Birdway
Banned

I'm sure Athena means isn't a machinator-like character like Erica.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 22:55   Link #2096
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
After reading volume 5 i am still confused about the Youth power since it was passed to Erica does Goduo have the ability to use it again the next day on a different person or can it only be used on one person.
Basically, while in Youth form, Godou can give his protection to as many people as needed. i.e. make out with ten girls in a row or all at once, if necessary. Once he goes out of it, I suppose he would have to wait until the next day to be able to use the Youth again.
Old 2012-07-26, 00:25   Link #2097
Ghanw
(-_-)

Does anybody know who Goduo really loves (despite the fact it is a harem story) is it Erica or Ena? Also can some one do a detailed summary of volume 9? Sorry for asking this, take your time.( hope it is not a hastle)
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 00:34   Link #2098
Kadi
知識の探求者

Jeez, why do people always want summaries? We're making plenty of progress, just wait another two months, or three. Compared to the real translation, summaries suck anyway and V9 is not a volume you'd look at to find out whether you like the series at all.

Anyway, Godou has only one true love, and it's neither Erica nor Ena.

Spoiler for Don't look, you'll regret it!:

On a more serious note, it's ridiculous to ask for a true love in a harem as balanced as Campione's. That said, Erica is probably closest.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 00:40   Link #2099
whsie

Erica is #1 by a good margin. He's most wary of Erica due to her manipulative nature, but he loves her the most. Deep down he knows that Erica is 100% loyal and dedicated to him. What really separates Erica from the others is that Erica had the most development with Godou in his early campione days (seen in vol 3 and 11, which are the two prequels). Erica went through some really down in the ditch moments with Godou and survived through them. These are the experiences the others lack because the others hadn't met Godou yet. It's also why I said if the anime followed the novels' chronological order that Erica would win the race before it even begins because she has 2 whole volumes to herself before another girl even has a sniff of Godou.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 00:44   Link #2100
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
Jeez, why do people always want summaries? We're making plenty of progress, just wait another two months, or three. Compared to the real translation, summaries suck anyway and V9 is not a volume you'd look at to find out whether you like the series at all.

Anyway, Godou has only one true love, and it's neither Erica nor Ena.

Spoiler for Don't look, you'll regret it!:

On a more serious note, it's ridiculous to ask for a true love in a harem as balanced as Campione's. That said, Erica is probably closest.
:O

you sure its not
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Erica is #1 by a good margin. He's most wary of Erica due to her manipulative nature, but he loves her the most. Deep down he knows that Erica is 100% loyal and dedicated to him. What really separates Erica from the others is that Erica had the most development with Godou in his early campione days (seen in vol 3 and 11, which are the two prequels). Erica went through some really down in the ditch moments with Godou and survived through them. These are the experiences the others lack because the others hadn't met Godou yet. It's also why I said if the anime followed the novels' chronological order that Erica would win the race before it even begins because she has 2 whole volumes to herself before another girl even has a sniff of Godou.
He doesnt seem to love Erica more then he loves Yuri.
Lily although seems to be left in third place regardless.
Does this change whsie?

I know he's the most compatable with erica, able to send out commands just by looking at her.

He's more intimidated with Erica, because he knows if left alone, he will do something he will really regret.
^ i think this was mentioned in almost EVERY vol... :P

Lets face it, she isn't the divalo rosso for nothing...

Id hate to compare DXD with Campione.. but..
Erica -> Akeno
Ena -> Zenovia

Then you got Yuri -> Asia

Personally if you were protecting your virginity, who would u be more afraid off?
Definitely not the last choice...

Last edited by aigomorla; 2012-07-26 at 01:00.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem