Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-06-10, 00:47   Link #101
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolido17 View Post
I respect your guy pacquiao even though he is called the mexicutioner for beating our guys
You know, it seemed, that boxing in the lower division will be left between Mexicans and Filipinos. Great actions unleashes in between. My favorite Mexican boxer is Marquise. I think he was the only Mexican fighter that mastered Pacman's attack combination.

I was wondering if Pacman will try a heavier weight division but I personally doubt that he can manage.

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-06-10 at 00:58.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 01:24   Link #102
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I don't even follow boxing like that, not that you really need to...

It's easy enough to know when someone is getting their ass kicked, which happened to be Bradley...for almost the entire match =\

Looks like we had some classy acts though, Pacquiao, though said he believed he won, said he would respect the judges decision. Bradley, during the fight apparently said he couldn't beat Pacquiao and after the fight doubted his win and said they need to go check the tapes.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2012-06-10 at 01:59.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 04:12   Link #103
Sagi

All I have to say its that Pacquiao fans now feel what Marquez fans felt when Pacquiao was declared the victor at their last fight.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 22:12   Link #104
sa547
*Author

Taken today while on my way home; after a night of boozing, me and my buddies trying to get over the whole mess, with most of them (except for me) having lost their bets.

Dunno WTF the judges had smoked or what happened behind the scenes, but everyone else were completely disappointed, whether it's a boxing analyst or a street vendor.
Old 2012-06-11, 02:34   Link #105
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagi View Post
All I have to say its that Pacquiao fans now feel what Marquez fans felt when Pacquiao was declared the victor at their last fight.
Marquez was clearly robbed, but it wasn't to this extent. Still out of his last 2 fights Pac deserved to lose 1... and he clearly isn't the same fighter he was.. Mayweather would embarrass him @ the moment... not that we would see the fight because of Arum.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 05:36   Link #106
Lenaisian
The Undead Summoner

Exclamation The Manny Pacquiao Conspiracy Theory

Note: Sorry for making my [first] thread to be this dastardly. Due to the theme of the following thread; reader discretion is advised.

This thread is not meant to destroy Manny Pacquiao's reputation, but his last fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena was a huge f*ck-up. I mean, PacMan's boxing career is now going downhill, just like some of the Mexican boxers he defeated in the previous fights (like Erik Morales for example). To back that up, I actually waged a bet to Bradley... but what happened was not what I expected; Bradley winning by split decision, really? Now it seems that there's something fishy going on, for real. Let me get straight: here are some of the conspiracy theories that was "cooked up" by a few people I know of, even my self:
  • Judge's impaired judgement theory
    This is what most likely happened... but I do respect the way that judges score the fight. They have seen that Pacquiao's "hunger" has been alleviated by a huge amount of money and fame that he is enjoying up until now. The fight is just like Pacquiao-Marquez III. Even I have noticed that his last three fights (including his last fight against Bradley) has lacked its luster, and has just turned into a "business," in which I will presesnt later.
  • "MOB" theory
    This is what happened to some of the famous athletes that we know of (there was also one conspiracy theory that Kobe Bryant was "mobbed" one time, and he sells out his team to lose), and it can also happen to them: either Pacquiao was mobbed to lose the fight, or Bradley was mobbed to win the fight... or else. This may seem to be a far-fetched idea, but in this world today, nothing is impossible.
  • "Curse of the 16th fight" theory
    This may sound ridiculous, but here in the Philippines, there are some people saying that Manny Pacquiao is sure to lose a fight after fifteen consecutive wins. Remember when he lost against Morales one time? That coincides with the sixteenth fight. This conspiracy theory started after he was knocked out by another Filipino fighter (I don't know his name though) during his early years in the profession. This conspiracy theory is largely drawn from superstition, and it may/may not be the "true" reason why PacMan lost the fight.
  • Political Inflection theory
    Since PacMan is also a tong-ressman (or I mean, congressman) in the lone district of Saranggani, this could most likely be a reason for PacMan's loss against Bradley. He can't set his priorities straight, and he may be distracted by all political BS that is a part of his job as a congressman. Less likely to happen, but it could be a probability.
  • Boxing as a "business" theory
    Do you remember the time when Bradley raised a large ticket indicating a rematch? That alone could spark a lightbulb of dark BS in someone's mind telling Pacquiao that he should lose the fight... after all, is TWO BILLION DOLLARS (plus or minus) not that enough for you? Here in the Philippines, two billion dollars can be used to buy another mansion.

Forget all about the biased "sports analysts" like Chino Trinidad... forget about Pacquiao having cramps as a reason that he lost the fight. Of course they will tell us what we want to know, but they will never tell us what we need to know. This is Lenaisian the Informant, and this is [K]onspiracy Theory. Just kidding, I never meant to impose my f*cked-up knowledge to you guys. I just wanted to hear your opinions about these cooked-up conspiracy theories that I heard of from the common Filipino folk. You can also submit a conspiracy theory of your own, the more, the merrier as they say

PS: for all the Filipino members of The Forum, please do not be offended by these conspiracy theories.

Last edited by Lenaisian; 2012-06-15 at 05:38. Reason: wanted to know about other conspiracy theories from the forumers ^^
Lenaisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 01:45   Link #107
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

damn pacuiao got knocked out
I never thought I would see the day.sorry I'm drunk a bitbut I can still write a bit
Old 2012-12-09, 01:50   Link #108
NoemiChan
Banned

The scene that shocked my country...

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-09, 01:55   Link #109
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

even though my county man won I still ant to seee pacquiao learn from mistake and rise.im not satisfieid with win until he is in top performance
Old 2012-12-09, 02:01   Link #110
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice View Post
even though my county man won I still ant to seee pacquiao learn from mistake and rise.im not satisfieid with win until he is in top performance
I agree with you. We in the Philippines have been supportive of Pacquiao's rise to fame. He was the face of Philippine boxing..

But his later fights were cover with politics, money and Vegas.... He fights for money, then his country.... But that's IMHO...
Old 2012-12-09, 02:05   Link #111
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

he better focus i onething boxing or politics not both. does he want support familiy or country man. me fammiy comes before anything else
Old 2012-12-09, 02:21   Link #112
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold~as~Ice View Post
he better focus i onething boxing or politics not both. does he want support familiy or country man. me fammiy comes before anything else
I think he should retire. He got billions of pesos already.. Too much that he can ever handle. Politics is a no no!!!! I heard he plans to runs for Vice President... Now that's hilarious...

I wish Pacquaio to... instead of going to politics.. is to build jobs for his people... He earns at the same help his fellow Filipino... Politics will only make him look stupid...

Anyway... I hope his mother will not request for a rematch... she will look like a hypocrite after praying for his son's safety then urges him to fight again after being defeated...
Old 2012-12-09, 02:47   Link #113
sa547
*Author

He's done. It's Mudville in General Santos City, as if the typhoon wasn't enough.

My bets are on Donaire now.

Quote:
Oh, somewhere in this favored earth the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy in Mudville — mighty Pacquiao has struck out.
Old 2012-12-09, 03:13   Link #114
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
He's done. It's Mudville in General Santos City, as if the typhoon wasn't enough.

My bets are on Donaire now.
Yeah,, Donaires good....

Just heard the news a while ago..

Pacquiao's mother wants to him to make this fight his last and retire... She also blamed Pacquiao's change of religion for his defeat and that he lost the grace of God because of that.... I also seen his two sons cry after seeing their hero getting knockdown unconscious...
Old 2012-12-09, 03:24   Link #115
flying ^

This is THE BEST $69.99 PPV i've spent for the main fight since..... 2004 Pac v. JMM

If i were JMM i'd demand a rematch against Mayweather and then call it quits after that. JMM legacy sealed.
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 03:31   Link #116
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
that was shocking indeed... I was rooting for manny at the start but then wham that I-didnt-see-the-punch scene..

Marquez deserves that win, they both good warriors
Old 2012-12-09, 03:35   Link #117
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
The scene that shocked my country...

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

cue in The Pacmom...
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 07:52   Link #118
sa547
*Author

All bets are on Donaire.
Old 2012-12-09, 08:03   Link #119
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I seriously want to see gamboa vs donaire.biggest test for donaire right there
Old 2012-12-09, 22:09   Link #120
judasmartel
*Author

Anyone else thinks that Marquez's KO Punch is similar to Ichiro Miyata's Jolt Counter?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote