AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 29 21.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 27.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 44 33.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 9.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.50%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-03-09, 23:31   Link #261
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Well, soon he'll compensate for that, and gain more skill to go along with his luck.
Just think of him as a foolhardy novice and you'll be less irritated at him.

Last edited by Altima of the Gates; 2006-03-09 at 23:33. Reason: oops it was the other way around
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 23:57   Link #262
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

To me there really is nothing that irritating about him, I can ignore his big talk easily, but it's still quite early in the show, so there is still lots of time for character development.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 04:42   Link #263
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Luck and skill/ technique would be would be hard pressed to win against some one with overwhelming power, like Hercules in physical prowless, or the contacts in Xenogears who could literaully drawn endless amount of ether /mana. If I would Shirou I would ditch both luck and skill and go for raw power and just bulldoze anything and everything that stands in your way.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 06:36   Link #264
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
@ idofgrahf

But do you really think that's plausible, or even possible, within the current strictures of the show? Or in any sense of reality... look at Shirou. He's an average teenage male, fighting in a competition involving mages and legendary heroes (who aren't bound by physical laws). There's no way, realistically, or even within the Fate context, that he could become a 'bulldozer' compared to Berserker et al. In fact, I can't see Shirou becoming much of a combat warrior at all - not in a realism sense. Sure, he's got AutoPhoenix (or so it seems ) but in terms of combat strength and skill, he isn't going anywhere fast.

Saber wants to teach him simply to have him able to defend himself until she can come to his aid. Not to teach him to actually be a warrior - at least, that's my current impression. I'd think that, although Shirou shouldn't be trusting her, Lady Luck might need to be his personal goddess for the immediate future. ^_^

-Andiyar
Old 2006-03-10, 06:39   Link #265
SWPIGWANG

meh 'luck' always wins if you have sufficient amounts. "points to galaxy angel and irresponsible captain tylor....if not luck gene humans" you don't beat plot device attaku.

I think saber is quite similar to Shirou. Both have an tendency to try for unnecessary heroism. If you look at Saber's fighting with berzerker for example, she could not just back down and run even with bad odds (not unlike shirou) and tries to fight even in a hopeless sistuation. Both of them considers their duty to fight the war and protect the other, saber being a heroic spirit while shirou being a guy.
SWPIGWANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 13:45   Link #266
idofgrahf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPIGWANG
meh 'luck' always wins if you have sufficient amounts. "points to galaxy angel and irresponsible captain tylor....if not luck gene humans" you don't beat plot device attaku.

I think saber is quite similar to Shirou. Both have an tendency to try for unnecessary heroism. If you look at Saber's fighting with berzerker for example, she could not just back down and run even with bad odds (not unlike shirou) and tries to fight even in a hopeless sistuation. Both of them considers their duty to fight the war and protect the other, saber being a heroic spirit while shirou being a guy.
She could not back down because as a servant they are suppose to fight unless told not to. It took Ren a command mark to tell archer to retreat when he was fighting saber. I don't think comparing F/SN to shows like Nadescio is a very good comparsion as they are not even in the same genre F/SN isn't a paradoy like captain tylor.

As for andiyar, Shirou's strength in the show depends on which ending the anime is headed for. Given the fact that magic does exist in F/SN I don't see why shirou can't concerate in learning it and become very strong in the process. I mean Aoko was a normal person before she learned magic in Tsukihime and she is basically a bulldozer.

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-03-10, 16:06   Link #267
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

It took Rin a command mark to make Archer vanish from the area so he wont be killed by Saber, which would normally be impossible for Archer, not because she cant get Archer to stop attacking otherwise.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-10, 20:06   Link #268
idofgrahf

I would have to disgree, Archer would have continued to fight, why else would it need take a command mark from Ren, because its going against what archer believes hence it required a mark for him to retreat. Ren summoned Archer many times and told him to disppear many times with out the use of a mark, so why else would the mark been taken if not for the fact that Ren is ordering Archer to do something that is not within her right to interffer? Servants are suppose to fight other servants and masters thats the rule of the game. The only reason saber stopped I think is because she is so astonished by Shiro's comment of "stop all this".

Lacan/Grahf
Old 2006-03-11, 14:14   Link #269
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

The other times Archer was going into his spirit form, kinda like a standby mode, hes still there but invisible to everyone except Rin and other Servants, so that wouldnt have saved him from Saber's attack. Rin used a command spell to make Archer kinda dissipate so he won't be killed by Saber.

edit - ugh not the worlds most accurate explaination but I have a cold and havent slept well in days so sue me -.-

Last edited by demon_god04; 2006-03-11 at 15:39.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 02:06   Link #270
gogogoh
"GO GO GO"

Send a message via AIM to gogogoh
anyone know where I can get 10 and on torrents?
gogogoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 08:35   Link #271
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogogoh
anyone know where I can get 10 and on torrents?
Asking for torrents is a no no.