AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-04, 20:31   Link #4141
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No, there's been no confirmation about the legitimacy of the pairing in the canon.
Oh....ok.
Old 2012-11-05, 14:35   Link #4142
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
Is there any proof from Tsuzuki that NanoFate is canon? I heard he did an interview somewhere....
The interview was with Nanoha and Fate's voice actresses who said they play them as if they were a married couple. However, there is no indication that Tsuzuki instructed them to do so.

So, Word of St. Paul, yes. Word of God, no.
Old 2012-11-05, 15:41   Link #4143
Sunder the Gold

I wonder if would have been (was?) awkward for Yuuno's voice actress to play as a boy crushing on a girl?

Wouldn't that be a funny reason for why Yuuno got bussed and his voice actress instead took over as Nanoha's adopted daughter?
Old 2012-11-05, 19:06   Link #4144
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Yeah, but you can tell in that interview they are joking around. I mean, Yukari talked about having a baby inside her(the implication is that Fate got her pregnant). If you want to play that interview straight, then she presumes Nanoha will get pregnant by a man (perhaps Yuuno?).
Old 2012-11-05, 20:28   Link #4145
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

There could be a whole debate on Mid-Childa's technology against Earth's but let's not go into that. Earth already has events of two mothers giving birth to a child. Let's assume that Mid-Childa has the same level of science of Earth which would allow Nanoha and Fate to both be biological parents of their child.

There are other ways for same sex parents to have a child, although both of them will not be the biological ones.

You can ignore everything I just said but you can't ignore the fact that technology will advance given time. The question asked about them ten years later. It might not be possible now, but it could be in the future.
Characters are from Madoka Magica, Symphogear and Sakura Trick.
Please see the uncompressed version on the right.
Click this for my gif request thread.Max quality version
I take gif requests here.
Please read the opening post (revised as of 22/8/2014).
Old 2012-11-06, 08:26   Link #4146
Kaijo
Banned

There was still a certain donation that was needed with those two women, as you note in your second link.

Yes, science fiction could invent some process, but the point remains that the two VA's were joking around. I highly doubt Yukari was seriously thinking that science fiction would give her a baby.

Although yes, I do believe they partly play their characters as a married couple, or at least close sisters. Part of being a VA is playing to the fans and having fun, joking around. Not being straight-laced or 100% serious. Although that can be a problem for those who can't separate fiction from reality, or humor and seriousness.
Old 2012-11-06, 10:05   Link #4147
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
And here I was, presuming this particular flame war went stale in the meantime...
Old 2012-11-06, 12:53   Link #4148
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

People still argue about Ranma, and that one is 25 years old by now.

Having said that, I think we're now starting to dwell a tad to deep into the realm of speculation for the Q&A thread.
Old 2012-11-06, 18:43   Link #4149
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

As Keroko said, we should stop speculating. Therefore, I have another question. Magic is supposed to be non-lethal. However, in that episode where Nanoha stops Subaru and Teana, her hand was bleeding from Teana's blade. Since there is such a case of 'bleeding to death', was Teana actually using lethal magic? If her blade could draw blood, she could make a big and deep enough gash that would cause a person to bleed to death.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-11-07 at 22:27. Reason: Removed the off-topic.
Old 2012-11-16, 18:35   Link #4150
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Around what time did Teana stop being Fate's partner as an Enforcer for Sound Stage X?
Old 2012-11-16, 21:37   Link #4151
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

From SSX 01,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo
Teana: Now that I think about it, the last time we saw each other was after I passed the Enforcer exam…
Subaru: Wow, that’s more than a year and a half ago!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo
Weather Woman: It is now June 25, 2 p.m.
Since SSX takes place on the year 0078, I would say she was no longer an aide somewhere around January on the year 0077.
Old 2012-11-17, 04:36   Link #4152
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Around what time did Teana stop being Fate's partner as an Enforcer for Sound Stage X?
Small nitpick: Teana has never been Fate's "partner", she was her aide/apprentice. Shari is presumably the same, except she shows no interest in graduation to full-time Enforcer. Likewise, Runessa was Teana's own aide.
Old 2012-11-17, 09:52   Link #4153
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhalo191 View Post
As Keroko said, we should stop speculating. Therefore, I have another question. Magic is supposed to be non-lethal. However, in that episode where Nanoha stops Subaru and Teana, her hand was bleeding from Teana's blade. Since there is such a case of 'bleeding to death', was Teana actually using lethal magic? If her blade could draw blood, she could make a big and deep enough gash that would cause a person to bleed to death.
I see no one answered your question. And the answer is yes, and you don't need to just cut to kill. As the movie hints, our heroes generally use "stun" magic.

My presumption is that Teana, given that she had no real experience with making magic blades, simply focused on creating a cutting blade to cut through Nanoha's shield and barrier, and didn't construct it well enough to avoid cutting Nanoha. Which is partially why Nanoha got upset at her; she went outside what her training was in order to try something dangerous (what if she had hit Subaru instead?).
Old 2012-11-17, 10:55   Link #4154
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

Would it also be possible to say that Teana would have tried to improve her charged shots using the same theory and due to her lack of experience (or skill) in magic it literally blows up in her face?

Nanoha didn't want her trainees to suffer the same thing she did so I don't think that a case of misfire (or mishit, in your example) would have angered her (as much). Other than having the equivalent of a grenade exploding right in front of her (sending lethal shrapnel into her since her magic has become lethal), Teana's magic systems might be fried from the impact due to taxing them too much too soon, just like Nanoha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo
she went outside what her training was in order to try something dangerous
I agree with this though.
Old 2012-11-17, 12:05   Link #4155
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Small nitpick: Teana has never been Fate's "partner", she was her aide/apprentice. Shari is presumably the same, except she shows no interest in graduation to full-time Enforcer. Likewise, Runessa was Teana's own aide.
Same difference. I just want to know when Teana was left "on her own" by Fate, so to speak.
Old 2012-11-17, 19:24   Link #4156
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
What's Riot Force 6's real life counterpart?
Seal Team 6?
Old 2012-11-17, 19:27   Link #4157
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't think Riot Force Six has a proper real-life counterpart given the seemingly total lack of dangerous ancient alien technologies that can't be replicated. Closest counterpart would be anti-terrorist military organizations, I suppose.
Old 2012-11-17, 19:31   Link #4158
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
I don't think Riot Force Six has a proper real-life counterpart given the seemingly total lack of dangerous ancient alien technologies that can't be replicated. Closest counterpart would be anti-terrorist military organizations, I suppose.
The name looks like it was based on Seal Team 6 though.... Navy Sea (Fate?) Air (Nanoha) Land (Teana?)
Old 2012-11-18, 10:19   Link #4159
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhalo191 View Post
Would it also be possible to say that Teana would have tried to improve her charged shots using the same theory and due to her lack of experience (or skill) in magic it literally blows up in her face?
That's just it... Nanoha was training Teana to make the most of her charged shots. She was trainining each Forward to improve their specialties, which gets them to a level where they can compete against stronger targets. Then it seemed like the plan was to brush up on their other skills to make them a bit more well-rounded. But in the meantime, as a team, they were supposed to be able to cover for each others weaknesses.

Quote:
Nanoha didn't want her trainees to suffer the same thing she did so I don't think that a case of misfire (or mishit, in your example) would have angered her (as much). Other than having the equivalent of a grenade exploding right in front of her (sending lethal shrapnel into her since her magic has become lethal), Teana's magic systems might be fried from the impact due to taxing them too much too soon, just like Nanoha.
You're right in that it wasn't totally about the dagger being lethal magic itself... "If you're going to ignore my training and do something this dangerous" was her words, about. So, a conflux of a few factors. As Nanoha said later, too: "It's because you ignored your most attractive trait and rushed to try something dangerous."
Old 2012-11-18, 11:09   Link #4160
Auxilism
For the yuri (╹◡╹)

Yes, Nanoha was trying to improve Teana's shooting but she might not have expected her to go to such extremes. Teana could ignore all safety precautions in order to maximise the damage her shots would do even if they could kill. Or she could take the longer route to strengthen her magic slowly so that it would be safer for her yet inflict the same amount of harm without killing. Nanoha also said to her, "shooting magic can hurt" or something like that, inferring that it does not have to penertate the skin to do its job.

She also admits that Teana was sick of seeing little or no results from the training, which would have caused her to take 'shortcuts' since she wanted to prove herself. We already saw that Teana could not control multiple shots well if she overloaded them when one of them almost hit Subaru. Maybe she learnt from that and chose to concentrate all her magic into a single shot (or blade) so that she would have more damage and control. Of course, this increased the danger factor and Nanoha decided to step in.

Her 'most attractive trait' may be her multiple target shots, rapid fire or her charged shot with one gun. Nanoha only blasted her when she started to use Phantom Bullet, which had both Cross Mirages charging a single shot. It might have been on the scale of a Divine Buster, a heavy bombardment type attack. Since Teana has never used bombardment spells before, Nanoha would have thought it would be too dangerous for her to start with such a strong one.

Then Nanoha showed her Cross Mirage's mode two, Dagger mode. She explains that she will be taught the other styles of fighting but in good time. She only showed the melee form because she did not want Teana to try the bombardment form yet, Blazer mode. Bombardment spells would still be too powerful for her since she admits that she would need more practice with it after RF6 was attacked.
Closed Thread