AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-27, 03:36   Link #9901
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@era-era: He didn't get hit full brunt. An uchigane swung at his head. He somehow brought up an arm to block with but it was a moment too late and with no shielding it touched the side of his head. Just touch, the block was able to stop the follow through.
Even a simple touch (0.00x s) would meant impact force equal to if you're hit with baseball bat, and baseball bat isn't the sharpest object I can find.

If anything, have the sword stop midway but due to very close proximity (as in about 1mm) and Rong is shaking (or something) his temples grazed the blade a little, but not vice versa. This will result in small cut.
Old 2011-11-27, 03:37   Link #9902
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Okay, okay, it does look shotacon!

But this is Japan we're talking about, in a fanon of a harem anime! Surprisingly, the population in the story somehow doesn't really care...

Now I'm going to take my bath. Be back in about 20 min.
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 03:38   Link #9903
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: but if it did touch at the force of a baseball bat, he'd prolly be A) dead B) disabled for life C) Get out of it somewhat unscathed but physical complications will occur?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 03:42   Link #9904
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@zero: but if it did touch at the force of a baseball bat, he'd prolly be A) dead B) disabled for life C) Get out of it somewhat unscathed but physical complications will occur?
One of three can happen depending on luck and how hard your skull and neck bones are.

Hence I said not vice versa, the sword stopped midway but Rong's temples grazed it due to the proximity and he'll get a small cut.
Old 2011-11-27, 03:42   Link #9905
Eratas123

@ Rain - Only problem is both of them really don't look their age. Tatenashi is 16 but looks like she could beat some 18 year olds while Irish is 14 but looks as scrawny as a girl. People would comment on it but hey, this is Harem anime Japan we're talking about here

@ Zero - What exactly is the age gap to be considered shotacon? Is it dependent on the age gap or simply the males state (Child, teenager) at the time.

@ demino_hellsin - It depends on whether the AE is just a big machine or actually has shields. No shields means he's going to experience problems depending on the deep the wound is.
Old 2011-11-27, 03:44   Link #9906
demino_hellsin
That one guy

And that cut would be literally small with no big deal right?

EDIT: I'm imagining a scenario where basically the AE was set to only have 20% of its original power by plot device of having a limiter. The AE barely functions with this and the delivery was done very late so no adjustments could be made on time. Chifuyu assumed it was like the IS and adjustments could be made on the fly. But Rong couldn't fix it because of the limiter. He decides to try and do the practicals with sparring with only 20% but this forces him to reroute all power to control systems. He shuts down PIC and shielding to increase the bit system that allows him to pilot the AE. The battle ends with Rong winning but his opponent had swung before he was declared winner. It was too late to stop and he only brought his arm up to block(a bit too late) He succeeds in stopping it but still hits him.
Old 2011-11-27, 03:46   Link #9907
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demino
Yeah, because it's a graze from Rong's movement.

EDIT: Wait, So AE's arm is not armored?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero - What exactly is the age gap to be considered shotacon? Is it dependent on the age gap or simply the males state (Child, teenager) at the time.
Half Age plus Six. So, if Irish looks 12, dating Tatenashi who looks 18 means she's a shotacon. If Irish dated Rin, there's no problem (Rin looks realistically 14).
Old 2011-11-27, 03:50   Link #9908
Eratas123

@ Zero - Irish looks mid 13 to early 14. I'm guessing it doesn't count since neither of them seem that bothered about it and Irish sure as hell doesn't act like a kid. It might be a problem once they get older since Irish's aging looks barely noticeable and he stays pretty short compared to most males.

@ Meister - In Vandam, are there only 3 main girls plus Max and Browning?

EDIT: @ demino_hellsin - Just make sure he doesn't win against a personal with 20% power. That's borderline impossible unless the opponent was really clumsy
Old 2011-11-27, 04:06   Link #9909
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
So obviously, I have a lot of further suspicions about this.

Ange: "Dammit. Getting the IS Core to work with the Repulsor system is like trying to get a GN Drive to accept a Protoculture Engine. How the hell does this go ahead..."

Edmund: "Young miss, you are mumbling non-sequiturs once again..."
To be introduced later IS Tech guy: That's easier than fitting a square peg into a round hole!
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 04:08   Link #9910
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: AE's arm is armored. It even has rapid fire particle guns on it

@era-era: I can't imagine him beating any personal IS at 20%, he can barely move to the point he had to discard the wing units just to reroute power.
Old 2011-11-27, 04:10   Link #9911
Eratas123

@ demin_hellsin - Where exactly does it get it's ammo?
Old 2011-11-27, 04:12   Link #9912
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

Back from a jacuzzi soak. Damn, those things are comfy to wade around in.
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 04:12   Link #9913
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: would you believe it comes from his energy reactor?(by particle gun, I mean beam gun)
Old 2011-11-27, 04:16   Link #9914
Eratas123

@ Rain - Just wondering how to deal with the cast commenting on the relationship between the two. Kyuukai and Laura also get this problem since she looks younger than her age and he looks older than his age.

@ demino_hellsin - Depends on what's powering the core.
Old 2011-11-27, 04:18   Link #9915
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: It's a monopole engine, I'll let you figure it out hahaha
Old 2011-11-27, 04:21   Link #9916
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - If you tell that to readers, you wont get a very positive reaction.
Old 2011-11-27, 04:24   Link #9917
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject myself but from the research I gathered, the theory seems sound. Granted I only understood half of what was going on. I'll give it a whirl once I understand particle physics.
Old 2011-11-27, 04:30   Link #9918
Eratas123

@ Rain - Would Kyuukai not care about being accused as a lolicon?

Side note - How's your girl problems going?

@ demino_hellsin - Then I wish you luck. I don't want to get technical, that's why I made a male OC who doesn't use a power suit.
Old 2011-11-27, 04:31   Link #9919
DarkJak2050

Yeah EthernalRain, did you manage to get away from that stalker of yours?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 04:33   Link #9920
Eratas123

@ Jak - Did you get the review?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest